Chiefs trade Alex Smith to washington

Castellar

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep.......pay Tyrod's bonus.......retaining him for relative peanuts versus the cost of cutting him..........and trade up for your franchise QB.

Problem solved.

Good to see you've come around.:devil:

I wouldn't be upset with this at all. Probably gonna happen now that Smith is a Redskin for a ton of cash

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yes we play in the AFC and were extremely lucky to get the wildcard spot in a fluke year. I'm as happy as anyone we made it but let's be real. The quickest way to push us to the next level is signing Cousins. He had objectively the harder schedule (according to DVOA Washington's offense faced the 8th hardest schedule while Buffalo's offense faced the easiest schedule), an objectively worse running game, arguably a worse offensive line, and about equal receiver talent. But only lost 2 less games. Cousins had a worse off situation in every conceivable way.

Okay, so we get Cousins. Then what? Where's the money going to be to get upgrades on the DL, LB, OL, WR? 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Much closer to 5 than 15 IMO.

LOL no

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

lol I don't know. If they really like a certain QB, they should go get him. Don't think they have to go crazy to do it, either. 

I'm just asking because Losman was picked at #22 and EJ was picked at #16.  When they didn't work out we tried to create franchise QB's (Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Taylor) and it didn't work out.  I'm sick of spinning our wheels.  The Bills have to be bold and move up in the draft or go after Cousins.  Mason Rudolph or Sam Bradford will give us more of the same average QB play.

Edited by Doc Brown

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Do your homework before you laugh. 

Oh, I have. I think he's a decent QB. Just not worth what the market is going to be for him.

Id rather keep Tyrod and trade up for the QB they want...fill out the OL, DL, etc. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can’t even try to make myself get excited about Kirk freaking Cousins. Sparty QBs No! 

Would you rather us draft JT Barrett? Convert Pryor back to QB? Coax Troy Smith out of retirement? :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Dkollidas said:

If Smith gets multiple picks and a player, Tyrod should be worth at least a 4th, or even a 3rd.

?... Tyrod is not even close to Alex smith. I'm not sure why people think they are the very similar QBS.

Bills are getting nothing for Tyrod

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Would you rather us draft JT Barrett? Convert Pryor back to QB? Coax Troy Smith out of retirement? :thumbsup:

You don’t read many of my posts eh... that’s ok. I sports hate every OSU QB except the current one. I also hate ever Sparty qb because they are all the same low ceiling guy every year. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm just asking because Losman was picked at #22 and EJ was picked at #16.  When they didn't work out we tried to create franchise QB's (Edwards, Fitzpatrick, Taylor) and it didn't work out.  I'm stick of spinning our wheels.  The Bills have to be bold and move up in the draft or go after Cousins.  Mason Rudolph or Sam Bradford will give us more of the same average QB play.

Those QB's didn't work out because the team didn't have anyone who could develop them. The Idea was to have Steve Fairchild develop Losman and he left for a college HCing gig. The guy that replaced him was a career backup QB who wasn't a very good OC in Turk Schonert and Alex Van Pelt. EJ had no QB coach, no veteran QB on the roster and the guy who was developing him to be an NFL QB was never an NFL OC. You can't make sirloin steak out of the garbage.

The Bills currently have a quality OC on the coaching staff.  

57 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Browns because they have double the cap space of anyone else and can promise him Barkley. 

Broncos because they have an elite defense and good receivers. He may think that they can win.

The Jets don’t make sense to me.

The Bills because we have Sean Mcdermott.......Trust The Process..............God I'D love #8 Cousins in a Bills uniform