Chiefs trade Alex Smith to washington

Castellar

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

That kind of ignores the close games the Bills scratched out too. You can say if X and Y go our way we end up at Z but there are a lot of steps before X that could go even worse. This team isn't loaded with talent, its pretty decent but there are a lot of older parts on the team that aren't going to hold up the same in 2018. 

Did we win any close games that Cousins would have lost for us? It's impossible to know for sure obviously but that's pretty far fetched IMO.

3 minutes ago, VADC Bills said:

How many NFC Championships have Cousins taken the Redskins to again. So why would be come a contender with him???

The other 52 players and entire coaching staff are completely different?

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

Tyrod Taylor was our QB.  I say again... Tyrod Taylor.  We just want a real QB.

It's about wins and losses. I have seasons tickets to Redskins game and the Redskins fans feel the same way about Cousins as we feel about TT.

The grass always looks better on the other side of the street. Cousins is not the answer. We will have to draft and groom a QB the old fashion way.

21 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I hope there isn't even one Bills fan that doesn't want Kirk Cousins.  It would be awesome to see a QB find his wide open receivers instead of dumping it off to a FB.  Kirk Cousins would be a huge upgrade.  Here are his numbers the last 3 years:

2017.... 4,093.  27 TDs.
2016.... 4,917.  25 TDs.
2015.... 4,166.  29 TDs.

What were the Redskins' record those years? 

As for that one fan - you've fond him.

9 minutes ago, VADC Bills said:

The Cousins love on this board tells me many have not really watched him play. Alex Smith is more

valuable because he protects the football, Cousins doesn't. He can deliver in the red zone, Cousins can not.

I don't want a QB that will throw for 4000 yards and only win 6 or 7 games at best. I'd rather keep TT and draft the future.

The Redskins will be a better team with Smith.

Not if they don't get some receivers and a running back.

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Maybe it’s me being a homer.   

Buffalo should be a more well rounded team this season and “we” made the playoffs did Denver?

I'm as glad as the next guy that we made the playoffs and gave Jax all they could handle, at least defensively, on the road. That said, we made the playoffs in a fluke fashion. That's nothing to apologize for, but we are a very flawed team in key areas. Indeed, outside our secondary, OL, Shady, and perhaps TE if Clay is healthy, we need upgrades. Major ones at that. 

7 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

What were the Redskins' record those years? 

Since Brees went to to the Saints in 2006 they've had 6 seasons of 8-8 or worse. That's half of his seasons there without a winning record. Surely I don't need to bring up other examples of this very easy to understand concept.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Aside from the money, what makes us possibly attractive is all the high picks and some guarantee that we'll use at least one, or free agent money, on a stud receiver.

Benjamin is a stud WR he averaged 1000 yards and 8 TDs in the two full seasons he's played.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Since Brees went to to the Saints in 2006 they've had 6 seasons of 8-8 or worse. That's half of his seasons there without a winning record. Surely I don't need to bring up other examples of this very easy to understand concept.

My mistake. How many winning seasons and playoff wins does Cousins have? And are you really trying to compare him to Drew Brees? 

42 minutes ago, Schmuggs said:

Leroi was talking about this the other day. Our new QB will be a much bigger upgrade than Smith. No worries. 

Leroi s Draft board coming out next week!!  

Oh man I sure hope Beane is able to make this happen! You're getting my hopes up..lol 

P.s. - i'd love to know who the potential upgrade is!