Chiefs trade Alex Smith to washington

Castellar

8 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

This was never an 11-5 or 12-4 team.

They had a bad DVOA and one of the worst point differentials to ever make the playoffs 

Panthers and Bengals games were definitely winnable with better QB play. Arguably the first Patriots game as well. And the playoff game. With zero other changes to the roster Cousins brings us from wildcard contender to AFC Championship contender. With a few smart changes we'd be a Super Bowl contender. If we have any kind of shot at him we need to pay whatever it takes.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Broncos do not have an elite defense anymore.

Out of those three teams the Jets make the most sense because Kirk knows the new Offensive Coordinator there.

The Broncos defense is still good at the very least. 

The Browns can make him the highest paid player in football without blinking.

The Jets just have bad talent and aren’t winning anytime soon. 

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Looks like this guy jumped the gun a bit quick 

Yup.  And he's assuming Mahomes becomes even as good as Alex Smith was for them.

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Jax has already committed to Bottles for another season. Minny is interesting yet think they could get Keenum back at a fair price.

The Jags can cut him. 

3 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

We had four more wins and a lot more draft picks 

True. But Cousins fixes Denver's biggest problem and the main reason they were bad last year. Really poor QB play. 

I think if McDermott and Beane get a chance to talk with Cousins they will sign him.  All 3 guys have similar personalities.  I don't see that same similarity with Elway, who I think is the strongest competition.

Here's some 17-18 highlights.

• Like (+1) 3

The Cousins love on this board tells me many have not really watched him play. Alex Smith is more

valuable because he protects the football, Cousins doesn't. He can deliver in the red zone, Cousins can not.

I don't want a QB that will throw for 4000 yards and only win 6 or 7 games at best. I'd rather keep TT and draft the future.

The Redskins will be a better team with Smith.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, HappyDays said:

Panthers and Bengals games were definitely winnable with better QB play. Arguably the first Patriots game as well. And the playoff game. With zero other changes to the roster Cousins brings us from wildcard contender to AFC Championshio contender. With a few smart changes we'd be a Super Bowl contender. If we have any kind of shot at him we need to pay whatever it takes.

You're name definitely suits you. Talking championship game and Superbowl contender. I don't see it, but to each their own.

I thought they would get a 2nd but if the player is a decent player then it might come out to a similar return. The Skins are moving on from Cousins, I suspect that they will draft a QB and use Smith as a stop gap for 1-2 seasons. I wouldn't have minded getting Smith for a 3rd and a middling player I don't think Smith is that much of an upgrade at QB over Tyrod. You aren't going to get Alex Smith from last year as he will be in a new system and will not have 3 dynamic weapons on offense with a good O-line. You are going to get the Alex Smith from his first few years in KC which is somewhat better than Tyrod but not worth giving up major picks for. 

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

You're name definitely suits you. Talking championship game and Superbowl contender. I don't see it, but to each their own.

It's not like you can just drop Cousins on the 2017 Bills without losing other players with the Cap being a real thing. 

1 minute ago, VADC Bills said:

The Cousins love on this board tells me many have not really watched him play. Alex Smith is more

valuable because he protects the football, Cousins doesn't. He can deliver in the red zone, Cousins can not.

I don't want a QB that will throw for 4000 yards and only win 6 or 7 games at best. I'd rather keep TT and draft the future.

Alex Smith is a kitty in the Red Zone and has gone whole seasons without throwing a TD to a WR

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Sounds like pick 44

Just saw a report that the new money was 23.5 per. So that’s a 5 year 111m deal plus a second plus a player for smith VS something like 5 years 125-130m for cousins?

its an interesting discussion. 

Add in staying put for the 4th qb off the board, or trading up and our qb situation really is a tough call this year.

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Cousins is not some hobo off of the street.  He and Elway would no doubt have a sitdown in regards to the coach and what happens if the coach is fired.  What Elway's ideas are on a replacement.  Sure there is always the chance the two do not come together but for now I would not bet against it.  Further, I think that Elway makes room in terms of cap if he wants Cousins.  No sitting around and scratching his head over it.

You could replace Elway's name for Beane or any other NFL GM/President.

If I hear one more time about the stupid Broncos elite defense I’m gonna puke. We have a better defense.

Stop it with the Kirk won’t come to Buffalo nonsense.

No excuse Beane and company, get Cousins to Buffalo ASAP.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NoSaint said:

Just saw a report that the new money was 23.5 per. So that’s a 5 year 111m deal plus a second plus a player for smith VS something like 5 years 125-130m for cousins?

its an interesting discussion. 

Add in staying put for the 4th qb off the board, or trading up and our qb situation really is a tough call this year.

Third.

2 minutes ago, VADC Bills said:

Tyrod Taylor was our QB.  I say again... Tyrod Taylor.  We just want a real QB.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Panthers and Bengals games were definitely winnable with better QB play. Arguably the first Patriots game as well. And the playoff game. With zero other changes to the roster Cousins brings us from wildcard contender to AFC Championship contender. With a few smart changes we'd be a Super Bowl contender. If we have any kind of shot at him we need to pay whatever it takes.

That kind of ignores the close games the Bills scratched out too. You can say if X and Y go our way we end up at Z but there are a lot of steps before X that could go even worse. This team isn't loaded with talent, its pretty decent but there are a lot of older parts on the team that aren't going to hold up the same in 2018. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

How many NFC Championships have Cousins taken the Redskins to again. So why would be come a contender with him???

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's not like you can just drop Cousins on the 2017 Bills without losing other players with the Cap being a real thing. 

I don't think signing Cousins would have any effect on the core of our team. Maybe Glenn or Hughes would become cap casualties but we could afford to lose both of them if it came to that.

Edited by HappyDays

Just now, HappyDays said:

I don't think signing Cousins would have any effect on the cord of our team. Maybe Glenn or Hughes would become cap casualties but we could afford to lose both of them if it came to that.

Michah Hyde would have likely been elsewhere.