Chiefs trade Alex Smith to washington

Castellar

Eric Galko, of optimum scouting, who is pretty plugged in on what's happening in the NFL seems to think Cousins to Denver is a strong possibility.  He also states that the Cardinals seems to be Denver's biggest competition for Cousins.

He mentioned the Bills possibly being interested in Case Keenum if he springs loose.  With Smith off the market, and Cousins likely headed elsewhere I think the Keenum chatter is looking like a real possibility.  Does it excite me?  Not really, but we don't have to give up a pick, and that is very important to me.

For more of Galko's rumors

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-rumors-quarterbacks-sam-darnold-baker-mayfield-josh-rosen/k2o3vl3ntwmv130v4xuwokguq

BTW, he already hit on Alex Smith to the Redskins.

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Whaht???!!!  Our experts figured either Andy Reid would just waive Smith out of desperation or settle for less than one first round pick.  I guess I'll pick my own numbers now for Powerball tomorrow night. 

Nothing confirms he got more than one first round pick, let alone one.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-22268636

The Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Washington Redskins, league sources confirmed to ESPN's Field Yates.

The deal cannot be completed until the new league year begins.

The KC Star first reported the news.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This isn't the first time a good player has been mishandled and it won't be the last. Stats show Cousins is consistently top 10, sometimes top 5. And would free up our draft picks to build around him.

He was 1-5 in the NFCE.  His team lost 5 of their last 8 games.  He was destroyed by the Giants.

Are you saying he's "Bills good"?

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

What's the competition for Cousins?  Would the Jests have an interest, with all their cap room?

One would think the Jets and Denver could be our prime competition. Yet if Cousins stays true to his word on being a winner you'd think we'd be is top choice. As we have a running game in place and a WR (Benjamin) and TE in place that could serve him well.

14 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

sorry to post this for a 3rd time.  

"Is money a part of it? Sure. Is it the only thing? No," Cousins said Tuesday on PFT Live. "It is about winning, and that's what I want more than anything, so I'm going to be willing to make sacrifices or do what has to be done to make sure I'm in the best possible position to win, and that's what the focus is going to be."

During the season he said he was going to go where God wants him to go.  Now it's about winning?

Just now, The Jokeman said:

One would think the Jets and Denver could be our prime competition. Yet if Cousins stays true to his word on being a winner you'd think we'd be is top choice. As we have a running game in place and a WR (Benjamin) and TE in place that could serve him well.

He'd pick Denver ahead of the Bills based on readiness to win. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Jets have a **** ton of cap room and are interested. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Talk about a best case scenario.... I hope cousins goes to the jets

Would love to see them blow a bunch of cap on an average qb. Plus this would stop them from drafting a qb who actually has potential to be a franchise player for at least a few more years. 

Go get em gang green

Love this development.Means no chance of Alex Smith in Buffalo and means maybe tge stars line up and tge Bills do get a fighting chance at captain Kirk Cousins❤️

I also had no idea you could do trades this early?? Even trades that can’t be formal yet.If this is the case would love to see the next news be Bills trade Tyrod Taylor to Denver for a 6th round pic that can become a 5th if Taylor reaches incentives......Just feels like things are really starting to line up for the Bills...