Cordy Glenn for Andy Dalton

uticaclub

Marvin Lewis was told to clean house 

Cinny needs a LT

Buf needs a QB

both have similar contracts for their respective positions. Thoughts?

if you’re going to say we don’t need a QB because we have Tyrod, please watch any all22 from the last 3 years

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

No thanks. Dalton is no where near as good a QB as Glenn is an OT when healthy. 

I was going to agree.  But, changed my mind.  If we made this trade we could pick a QB at 21.  We probably miss Rosen and Darnold 1 & 2.  IF we don’t grade a 3rd really high...this trade may be ok.

Get our starting or bridge QB in Dalton.  QB at 21.  Then a first, two seconds and a third to add starters.

PS. I don’t think Cincy is trading Dalton and not for Cordy.  But, you never know.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Cinny needs a LT

Buf needs a QB

if you’re going to say we don’t need a QB because we have Tyrod, please watch any all22 from the last 3 years

Not gonna happen but if they want TT for Dalton i would listen. Glenn is worth more than Dalton.

(this trade would setup a pretty awesome preseason home opener next year, yes?)

Stupid to trade Glenn. He may be needed to play LG if Incognito situation blows up.

Edited by cba fan

Straight up trade, player for player, hell yeah I would do it. Glenn has done zero for us lately. We keep all our draft picks and we get a good bridge QB to mentor a QB drafted this year without moving up, the kid has time to sit while learning from Dalton.. Thats a huge deal for us IMO. Hell I would even throw Tyrod in just for giggles of how perfect of a trade it would be for us. So in that I say it would never happen, no way they give him away for just Glenn.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Cinny needs a LT

Buf needs a QB

Aren't we mad at Hotrod for disappearing in a first round playoff game? Andy Dalton did it FIVE years IN A row.

39 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Straight up trade, player for player, hell yeah I would do it. Glenn has done zero for us lately. We keep all our draft picks and we get a good bridge QB to mentor a QB drafted this year without moving up, the kid has time to sit while learning from Dalton.. Thats a huge deal for us IMO. Hell I would even throw Tyrod in just for giggles of how perfect of a trade it would be for us. So in that I say it would never happen, no way they give him away for just Glenn.

You know Dalton did what Hotrod did last Sunday 5 years In a row right? He stunk in those playoff games.

Get him on the team and you'll probably be leaving games at half time again next year.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Sure, get a QB and get rid of the main guy who's supposed to protect him in one fell swoop. Great plan!

Not for nothing but Glenn hasn’t protected anything but the training table in the past couple years. #fatman #badfeet #wastedcap

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Aren't we mad at Hotrod for disappearing in a first round playoff game? Andy Dalton did it FIVE years IN A row.

You know Dalton did what Hotrod did last Sunday 5 years In a row right? He stunk in those playoff games.

Get him on the team and you'll probably be leaving games at half time again next year.

You know he put "Hotrod" into the playoffs with a throw that Taylor could only dream about. 

I'd also take 2 more playoff years in a row while our rookie learns on the bench. 

5 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Cinny needs a LT

Buf needs a QB

They aren't trading Dalton and if they did they'd get a lot more than Glenn.

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

No, we're not angry at Hotrod for disappearing in a first round playoff game. We're not angry at him at all. We're disappointed in him for playing like Hotrod with great consistency for three years.

Dalton's better. Quite a bit better. Cincy isn't getting rid of him.

I'm curious, though, how did Dalton screw up in the playoffs five years in a row when he only appeared in the playoffs in four years?

In any case, he hasn't done well in the playoffs. How much of that is because of him? Some.  And some of that is because those were his first four years in the league. He appeared to have gotten quite a bit better in his fifth year, just as the team got a lot worse around him. And how much was due to the fact that in his rookie year, the playoff team, the Texans, had the 2nd best defense in the league, and they played against the 7th the next year, the 10th the next year and the 11th the next year. Certainly that doesn't excuse bad play, but it helps to understand that he was a young player against good defenses.

In any case, he's a better QB now than he was then.

If you don't believe that, you shouldn't worry. Cincy isn't letting him go.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has McCarron shown anything other than a smoking hot wife? Would you really want to go into next season with McCarron and Peterman in competition for the #1 QB spot?

We need a proven vet, either Smith for a little time or Cousins for a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

Dalton is a Buffalo legend. I'd do this as he'd be an immediate upgrade over Tyrod. Now, that being said, speaking with my Bengals friend, he told me that Dalton shows up for the games that do not matter but will stink the place up if its a big game. I haven't followed the Bengals much so I'm not sure how true that is. 

7 hours ago, K-9 said:

No thanks. Dalton is no where near as good a QB as Glenn is an OT when healthy. 

Pretty much this.   Dalton can be a decent QB ... if he has the right supporting cast (ie, good OL and AJ Green) around him.  The Bills don't have that for him and even less so without Glenn, so he'd be doomed to failure from Day 1.  Pass.

Contrary to some claims, the Bills are NOT a great team in search of a QB as is Minnesota.  They are the NFL's Over-Achievers of 2017, a team that played far above its talent level.   They need to keep the talent that they do have plus add more, including a QB taken higher in the draft than Day 3 rather than chasing after a "name" QB who hasn't shown that he can produce with limited talent around him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

Dalton is a Buffalo legend. I'd do this as he'd be an immediate upgrade over Tyrod. Now, that being said, speaking with my Bengals friend, he told me that Dalton shows up for the games that do not matter but will stink the place up if its a big game. I haven't followed the Bengals much so I'm not sure how true that is. 

Dalton has come up small unfortunately during playoffs .  Some very stacked Bengals rosters were wasted mainly because Dalton pooped the bed resulting in numerous one and done playoff appearances. 

Edited by prissythecat

33 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Dalton has come up small unfortunately during playoffs .  Some very stacked Bengals rosters were wasted mainly because Dalton pooped the bed resulting in numerous one and done playoff appearances. 

Dalton's playoff appearances were in his first four years in the league.

He improved a lot in year five, just as the team around him started to go downhill.

But again, no way Cincy lets him go.

Edited by Thurman#1

Now that our playoff drought is over, I'm not willing to settle for a mediocre quarterback.

When we were looking at 17 years with no playoffs, I was willing to stick with guys like Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kyle Orton and Tyrod Taylor -- because I believed it was important for this franchise and these fans to just finally make the postseason.  Those guys had a high floor and low ceiling, and had a chance to get us to 10 wins. 

Guys like Dalton and Alex Smith do nothing for me.  Those guys won't get us past the Wild Card Round, unless we have an elite defense to carry them.  Let's do our homework and land our franchise QB in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1