Miami may use Bills game to evaluate backup QB David Fales

YoloinOhio

Took some 1st team reps in practice this week 

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article192145964.html

The Miami Dolphins 

know they need to add a new quarterback for 2018.

This isn’t conjecture or speculation on my part. I’ve been told by club sources that, yes, they are aware they need a quarterback. (I got the feeling they also would like me to simply accept that, shut up, and let them work things out without me screaming that they must draft a quarterback.)

So with that need now out in the open, the Dolphins are about to undergo a serious study of all their available quarterback options. There are different ways the team might fill its need depending on how serious the personnel department views that need.

And it’s likely to start on Sunday against the Buffalo Bills.

That’s when coach Adam Gase might give backup David Fales some playing time. Fales, 27 and in his third NFL season, has thrown only five passes in the NFL — in Chicago during the 2015 season when Gase was the Bears offensive coordinator.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Could be a decoy move to force us to plan for him (whatever that means)...

If not, I would be happy to see a rook.

I do think the phins would like nothing more than to knock us out, as I believe we knocked them out a few weeks ago.

KC just eliminated them this past week 

I don't think they will start him unless Cutler starts off really bad or I could see them playing him the second half especially if they get a big lead, that is if they really even want to win this game.

If the kid does really well they strike some gold. Miami might be thinking draft order and just throw this game to us. If this kid lights it up Miami could look to use him as trade bait with TanyHill. This is a good draft to grab a QB prospect..

Edited by xRUSHx

13 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

Could be a decoy move to force us to plan for him (whatever that means)...

If not, I would be happy to see a rook.

I do think the phins would like nothing more than to knock us out, as I believe we knocked them out a few weeks ago.

I'll take a rook all day with our exotic secondary zone coverage's.

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is bad news. Cutler is the best qb on the field at throwing to Bills players.  Normally, I get worried that the Bills are going to lose a game in a painful last second way.  I never think that with Cutler.  He is the most consistent qb at choking. 

Not to mention this is likely his last game. He could not care less at this point. Rookie has something to prove.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

Doesn't really change the overarching point but Fales isn't a rookie. He's 27 years old and was drafted by the Bears and this is his fourth season.

Has he ever started a game?

He's a 2 star recruit, former 6th round pick, practice squad jumper. Please start him Miami!

Edited by Real McCoy

Yes please evaluate your 2014 sixth round quarterback......that would be splendid....now i can relax that part of my brain and just concentrate on the "help me Bills to get out of the Flutie curse games" going onto 18 years......

If he does play let's hope he has a Peterman-esque debut.

If I'm the Dolphins I hand the ball to Drake all day - if I'm the Bills I focus on stopping the run almost exclusively.

15 hours ago, JPP said:

Yes please evaluate your 2014 sixth round quarterback......that would be splendid....now i can relax that part of my brain and just concentrate on the "help me Bills to get out of the Flutie curse games" going onto 18 years......

Are we still evaluating the Bills 2011 6th round quarterback? 

1 hour ago, JPP said:

appears we are.....and?

Just pointing it out for everyone here on the bus chuckling at the Dolphins for putting a QB who was drafted in the 6th round out there today. 

Also, lest us not forget that this franchise has a knack for pulling breakout debut performances and career games out of unknown opponents.