Overrated

Foreigner

Brian Costello beat reporter many years for the New York Jets in todays New York Post has

called the Bills overrated. His exact words "an overrated Bills team". Now I really doubt that

he has seen every minute of every Bills game this.

Me, I really disagree with him, feeling the Bills are not overrated but have overachieved.

Perhaps not having the talent of some other NFL team after sending Watkins, Woods, Gilmour,

Darby and Dareus, etc. the Bills are a agressive hard playing team, that lays it all out there

every game. Tops in takeaways with 11 INT's and 6 fumbles have they been lucky or good

in that aspect of the game? I think it is a little of both and at this point we do not where the

rest of the season takes us. However one thing is certain, and that the first 7 games are in

the books for 2017 and whatever else happens, no one can take away the results so far,and

for those of us proud of this team so far, enjoy.

Best way to shut him up is to win. Heck, I think Kansas City is overrated every year and their lack of playoff success proves my point.

This. ^^^ If we win this game on their field tonight, hopefully in a convincing fashion, he can write another article after eating some funny tasting Corn Flakes. :thumbsup:

In my opinion, the Bills have had "playoff caliber" talent since probably around 2012. But they have been held back by poor coaching and constantly changing offensive/defensive schemes, which have failed to capitalize on that talent. It also doesn't help to have New England in your division, making it impossible for a decent/good team to have any chance other than a wild card.

It's a little ironic, after letting a good chunk of that talent go (Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Marcel Dareus, Zach Brown, Stephon Gilmore, Ronald Darby) -- that our team seems to be coming together and playing better.

Are we getting better coaching? Are the players being utilized better this year? Were the guys we let go just overrated? Are we getting lucky so far this season, and it will eventually catch up? I guess nobody can answer those questions definitively after only 7 games. The Oakland win helped raise my confidence and optimism. But I still worry this season could fall apart quickly. I really can't blame Costello for feeling that way.

Edited by mjt328

The only angle I could see that supports that is that we needed some very long FG kicks early to win games, and that our ridiculously awesome 4 turnovers per game as of late is unsustainable, which it is.

On the other hand, our only two losses are by 6 and 3pts. That single coverage on AJ Green against the Bengals cost us a 75 yarder that ultimately was the difference in the game, and we were a Zay Jones rookie mistake away from beating Carolina. That's two plays away from being undefeated and having the best record in the league

Best way to shut him up is to win. Heck, I think Kansas City is overrated every year and their lack of playoff success proves my point.

----------

No it won't because they'll use the convenient excuse that a lot of their starters were injured. That and of course that their.......The Jets!

Wow, shocker, a NY reporter slamming the Bills.

Why even read a reporter like this? How about them Jets. Oh yeah, they suck.

I hope McD places that article right on the Board in the locker room. Hell, I'd read to him pre-game. Shah Lawson will take someone's head off tonight.

...not to worry....a Russian plant.....started writing comics for the National Enquirer......that would be front page stuff...................

Pundits and so called experts are split on this team, and even if we win tonight many 'pretender' and 'overrated' labels will continue because the Jets are very good.

That's why the second half the season looms LARGE for this team with games against powerhouses and serious contenders like the Saints, Chiefs, Pats and Dolphins.

Brian Costello beat reporter many years for the New York Jets in todays New York Post has

called the Bills overrated. His exact words "an overrated Bills team". Now I really doubt that

Me, I really disagree with him, feeling the Bills are not overrated but have overachieved.

Perhaps not having the talent of some other NFL team after sending Watkins, Woods, Gilmour,

Darby and Dareus, etc. the Bills are a agressive hard playing team, that lays it all out there

every game. Tops in takeaways with 11 INT's and 6 fumbles have they been lucky or good

in that aspect of the game? I think it is a little of both and at this point we do not where the

rest of the season takes us. However one thing is certain, and that the first 7 games are in

the books for 2017 and whatever else happens, no one can take away the results so far,and

At 5-2, I'd suggest they're underrated. In that few think much of them...but they're record is pretty damn good nonetheless.

Pundits and so called experts are split on this team, and even if we win tonight many 'pretender' and 'overrated' labels will continue because the Jets are very good.

That's why the second half the season looms LARGE for this team with games against powerhouses and serious contenders like the Saints, Chiefs, Pats and Dolphins.

No they really aren't split at all. What's with this "LARGE" crap you post in every post now? That's like some grade school millennial crap.

Overrated compared to who?

Damn, man, in addition to looking like the thing on Disturbed's The Sickness album cover, Brian Costello is Cold as Ice.

This... THIS is the thing I have been most concerned about, some NY Post hack calling our beloved Bills overrated.

No one going to ask the obvious question?

OP, did you type that on some sort of text

editor and cut and paste in? Did you just

hit return at the same length of each

sentence? Just curious. Go Bills!

Would you please stop with all the Dolphin love. They are not even good, let alone a 'powerhouse'. 0-40. Cmon man!!!

But are you concerned?

A team that consistently beats the Pats and makes it to the playoffs isn't really THAT over-rated, are they?