TRADE: Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo

Rubes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Schopp didn't take his medication again. thinks the Bills gave up too much and doesn't love the player they got in return. I can't even. Had to turn it off. Very sad that we can't even listen to sports talk in Buffalo without wanting to throw the radio out the window

i tuned in too and he was whining about why panthers didnt want him ... turned it off

I mean, no......there is Dareus and the picks to Carolina........but Benjamin is a really good get for a 3 and a 7.

Matthews likely won't be back now.......this probably seals his deal outta town.......he's a big slot( a "y") and Zay Jones is a big slot.

Matthews can play some Z but Benjamin would be the Z ideally and he's making $8M next year........Benjamin might be able to be the X but they would probably want Thompson there for sheer speed(and cheap).

Matthews is way better than Zay Jones at this point. No telling if Zay will even progress. He might be best as a backup WR until he learns how to play in the NFL. I hope they keep Matthews.

Also, you can never have too many good WR's. Nothing says they can't rotate those guys just like they do the defensive line, especially if Tyrod gets used to all of them. Each guy can have their own package of plays that meet their individual strengths.

Another decoy for Tyrod as he panics and checks down. Hopefully a new QB next year can maximixe his value.

Do we really have to turn this into a Tyrod bashing thread when our team is 5-2 and we just made a great trade?

Cheer up emo kid.

WTF I believe I just crapped my pants. This is f-ing AWESOME!! Hands down good trade. Didn't expect this 1. Now we got that true #1 baby

I suggest you go deal with THAT, then come back and share your thoughts. :)

Schopp didn't take his medication again. thinks the Bills gave up too much and doesn't love the player they got in return. I can't even. Had to turn it off. Very sad that we can't even listen to sports talk in Buffalo without wanting to throw the radio out the window

I actually stopped listening to WGR on the app. for the most part. But, I don't mind Sal's extra point show thought.

I can't stand the rest for the most part. Come off cynical to me.

Please don't be the same underachieving injury prone lackluster Kelvin Benjamin that you were on the Panthers, please, lets not have to talk about blocking in the post game pressers. Cam had an MVP season with Kelvin Benjamin sidelined, I hope and pray that he is the help this team needs rather than a burden that we don't need, I remain cautiously optimistic.

Edited by paulbills

Do we really have to turn this into a Tyrod bashing thread when our team is 5-2 and we just made a great trade?

Cheer up emo kid.

its only a couple of trolls...not too bad

Understand, Not saying Cam was better either. My point is if I were a WR and got traded to Green Bay, Pitt, NE, or New Orleans, I'd say yes I have a QB now. Others, good, but not great.

Happy for the deal, but didn't understand that comment

Whose got the better record this year?

I mean, no......there is Dareus and the picks to Carolina........but Benjamin is a really good get for a 3 and a 7.

Matthews likely won't be back now.......this probably seals his deal outta town.......he's a big slot( a "y") and Zay Jones is a big slot.

Matthews can play some Z but Benjamin would be the Z ideally and he's making $8M next year........Benjamin might be able to be the X but they would probably want Thompson there for sheer speed(and cheap).

Finally with the program, mister sunshine? I'm continuing my victory lap

Wow, great news imo and a good deal as well. The fact that Mc Beane know him well should alleviate concerns about his character and commitment. Had no expectation this years Bills would be so exciting. Psyched for the rest of the season. Lets Go Buff a lo!! !!!

Josh Reed was extremely underrated. Great downfield blocker. He was a decent #3, or even a #2 on a dedicated running team.

He also had great hands, which made that 1 1/2-2 year stretch where he dropped a crapload of passes, very odd. He didn't handle the #1 WR position well. And I think he was just smoking way too much pot, although I have no knowledge of that. But he seemed really high, most of the time.

He did under-produce in the air for awhile, but he delivered in the run game.

We basically traded Darby + 7th round pick for Jordan Matthews and Benjamin. Throw in a healthy Charles Clay down the stretch and all of a sudden this offense becomes very potent.

This also helps guys like Thompson and Zay Jones considering the attention that opposing defenses are going to have to give to this unit now.

POWER MOVES baby!

Panthers fans are going crazy over this, killing their GM.

But we shall see how it works out for the Bills.

I said in another thread that it could be dangerous trading for an established WR in season as it can wreck team chemistry................. or it could be a great enhancer to better things. Let's hope it's the latter.

You see how excited we are?

You bring in a great player like KB and the players get stoked to.

This team is 5-2 and then you go and add a weapon that immediately changes how teams have to game plan for you. This locker room has to be fired up!

Lets go win the division.

Can you imagine how this will further open things up for Shady once Benjamin catches a couple of deep passes and the Safeties can't cheat up towards the LOS? This is a move that helps tremendously.