Jordan Matthews Thumb Injury Update: Active vs. TB

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rod Streater had a great camp got injured late and was waived injury settlement , does anyone know the protocol

As to if or when they could bring him back? It's been 4 weeks I don't see where he signed elsewhere yet

It's 6 weeks before we can re-sign a player who takes an injury settlement.

I was looking at the poster above me who referenced the touchdown throw as the one you were talking about.

I thought Tyrod was very good this game. He still doesn't get the credit for not turning the ball over. The bomb to clay was insane. He eludes rushers as if they don't even exist sometimes.

Lol, with Mills as RT he gets plenty of practice. His first instinct is to hit his drop and then check to see if he needs to immediately juke whoever Mills is whiffing on

I'm sure we'll start to hear rumblings about players in town or working out, which will tip what they plan to do and how bad the Humber and Matthews situations are. The difficulty now becomes roster spots- you have Powell back and Henderson after the next game. With neither injury sounding like IR worthy, you're going to start to get thin on roster spots for depth purposes

Lol, with Mills as RT he gets plenty of practice. His first instinct is to hit his drop and then check to see if he needs to immediately juke whoever Mills is whiffing on

The one play when there was a guy right in his face immediately and he just sidestepped him with the equilavelt of swatting a fly away was almost comical.

Sorry for the lack of context. joetoronto is the handle of a pain in the arse troll who lurks in PFT comments section. This Canadian Bills Fan seems to have a lot of the same comments.

Ha. Anyone who calls themselves JoeToronto is probably an idiot. Kinda like JoeSixpack. ;)

Bills may have already been looking to acquire a quick wr to go deep before this per someone I barely trust. But picks for a deep threat was what j was told.

I think that may have changed since Matthews went out. Before yesterday that was a need. After yesterday that is a secondary need, and a veteran WR who can get open and make tough catches is a bigger need, with a speedy guy a different lesser need.

I think that may have changed since Matthews went out. Before yesterday that was a need. After yesterday that is a secondary need, and a veteran WR who can get open and make tough catches is a bigger need, with a speedy guy a different lesser need.

If only Boldin wasn't slower than Raymond Burr

too bad the Jets got Kearse.

Here's the "glass half full" take. The Bills WR's are so mediocre as a whole that each one will not be too difficult to replace. Losing someone like Julio Jones, Beckham, Antonio Brown, etc... that's a killer to an offense. Losing Jordan Matthews hurts, but he can be replaced. He's not a cornerstone to the franchise at WR.

Here's the "glass half full" take. The Bills WR's are so mediocre as a whole that each one will not be too difficult to replace. Losing someone like Julio Jones, Beckham, Antonio Brown, etc... that's a killer to an offense. Losing Jordan Matthews hurts, but he can be replaced. He's not a cornerstone to the franchise at WR.

Yet he made a couple nice plays in each of the games, which is what a guy like him does and isn't easily replaced.

Possible options: Some older but can still ball?

Victor Cruz (30)

Stevie Johnson (31)

Marques Colston (34)

Dwanye Bowe (33)

Hakeem Nicks (29)

Anquan Boldin (36, not sure on this one)

I would welcome back Stevie :)

Not the greatest list but won't cost the team draft picks and it's possible one of these guys can come back to old form?

Edited by Real McCoy

Yet he made a couple nice plays in each of the games, which is what a guy like him does and isn't easily replaced.

Yes to both. Wasn't targeted much. But each play he's made has been a key one. Zay, and others need to step up. Time for Zay to shine.

Silver lining? Maybe? If he misses a month he might be easier to sign to an extension here. Rather than want to test the market. Just saying. I would like to keep him.

So would I. He's a very good wide receiver.

I get the feeling the Bills won't make any sudden moves and go with what they have.

I know that isn't inspiring, but we are going to have to get Zay Jones and Andre Holmes more involved eventually. They can bring back Walter Powell and continue to use Kaelin Clay and get Brandon Tate involved.

How about getting Nick O'Leary more involved?

And there is some dead weight on the roster that they can make room for Powell.

Edited by Mark Vader

It is absolutely annoying that they unload the guy who some label as injury prone, replace him with a more productive member of the same draft that statered just about every game as opposed to 2/3. Then from the get go misses major time twice in camp and 4 games in.

What's the deal with that??

It is called the Bills Luck!