Jordan Matthews Thumb Injury Update: Active vs. TB

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a ton of extra picks to go with our own, just trade one for a legit WR and lets win the div. Go get Keenan Allen or Pierre Garcon

Pierre Garcon wouldn't be traded because he's in year 1 of a 5 year deal. The dead cap would be like 15 million, so we'd have to overpay.

Why is SD trading Keenan Allen? They're 2-4 and are a couple missed FGs from 4-2. The AFC is full of teams that have 2-4 wins, so why are they out of it? 9-7 probably gets in - that would be 6-3 the rest of the way.

Pierre Garcon wouldn't be traded because he's in year 1 of a 5 year deal. The dead cap would be like 15 million, so we'd have to overpay.

Why is SD trading Keenan Allen? They're 2-4 and are a couple missed FGs from 4-2. The AFC is full of teams that have 2-4 wins, so why are they out of it? 9-7 probably gets in - that would be 6-3 the rest of the way.

They were 0-4 when I started suggesting it

He said he was "Week to week/day to day" going back to before the bye week. I was encouraged by that and would be huge to get him back. Just would be surprised though to see him back before Humber given how each position would be impacted by a thumb injury.

Until you realize that you don't need thumbs to catch better than Zay

7-3 to be exact but I agree on your point.

I think they feel he is expendable. Everytime I watch them , Hunter Henry and Tyrel? Williams seem to be Rivers favorite targets.

I think they feel he is expendable. Everytime I watch them , Hunter Henry and Tyrel? Williams seem to be Rivers favorite targets.

Rivers is playing scared at times. He will throw to Henry only if he's wide open. He's checking down frequently to Melvin Gordon instead of throwing into tight windows. It's sad to see him regressing. Even his screen passes are inaccurate. The Chargers do have a lot of depth at WR and very little cap space. I expect they will part with either an expensive guy like KA or a soon to be FA who they won't pay like Dontrel Inman. They are back in it so to speak at 2-4 but their coaching and run defense has been bad and Rivers is a shell. They need to draft a QB this year and it would behoove them for many reasons to take either Rosen or Darnold if they come out. Edited by YoloinOhio

Rivers is playing scared at times. He will throw to Henry only if he's wide open. He's checking down frequently to Melvin Gordon instead of throwing into tight windows. It's sad to see him regressing. Even his screen passes are inaccurate. The Chargers do have a lot of depth at WR and very little cap space. I expect they will part with either an expensive guy like KA or a soon to be FA who they won't pay like Dontrel Inman. They are back in it so to speak at 2-4 but their coaching and run defense has been bad and Rivers is a shell. They need to draft a QB this year and it would behoove them for many reasons to take either Rosen or Darnold if they come out.

I agree. Rivers is on his way out, even with what looks like a stud RB behind him, he has definitely regressed

I agree. Rivers is on his way out, even with what looks like a stud RB behind him, he has definitely regressed

he looks slow to do everything .. at the line, processing the defense... it's painful. Passes are way off, it looked like Alynn wanted to kill him yesterday Edited by YoloinOhio

With our luck he will come back early, Doctors clear him and on the first pass to him Tyrod will put some extra mustard on the ball and it will rebreak the thumb...then he will be out for the year.

even if he breaks his thumb again, that is not an injury that would put him out for the year.

Was this meant to be encouraging? It isn't, to me.

Me neither. Likely decoy stuff for TB to think about, IMO. McD is way too conservative to rush their best WR option back before he's ready...

Edited by Lurker

It's pretty sad that most of us are hoping for an average WR to come back this week knowing the season pretty much hangs in the balance given how pathetic the offense is.

But even with Matthews in the lineup no team is going to fear the Bills as long as Taylor is the QB and even a team like the Bucs who have one of the worst defense statistically can get on track against this offense.

It's pretty sad that most of us are hoping for an average WR to come back this week knowing the season pretty much hangs in the balance given how pathetic the offense is.

But even with Matthews in the lineup no team is going to fear the Bills as long as Taylor is the QB and even a team like the Bucs who have one of the worst defense statistically can get on track against this offense.

ArcticGoodnaturedChameleon-max-1mb.gif

ArcticGoodnaturedChameleon-max-1mb.gif
i vote to bring back Ryan L Bilz/Maury Ballstein, Fire Chan, etc. ... At least their crusades were entertaining! :lol: Edited by YoloinOhio

Why do you all hate Peterman??? Leave Peterman alone!!!!

leave-britney-alone-gif-6.gif

i vote to bring back Ryan L Bilz/Maury Ballstein, Fire Chan, etc. ... At least their crusades were entertaining! :lol:

I'd love to know this guy's IP address.

I've suspected for some time that it's actually a nom de guerre for another well-known poster who spends 14+ hours a day on TSW...

Man, never thought I would say this about Jordan Matthews, but we desperately need him this week...desperately.

Good news on the Clay front too as it sounds he's already down to week to week, so if we can have both these guys back on the field within the next 2 weeks then we still have a great shot at making a run for the division, but we need both IMO.