Jordan Matthews Thumb Injury Update: Active vs. TB

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the Sammy trade, he was "better" because he had better numbers, and wasn't "injury prone"! :)

I was not going to read 8 pages, but this was the post I was waiting for........

All the experts explaining why Matthews was better then Watkins and pointing to his durability.

Goff still not looking for Watkins, but anyone catch that hit he made on Gurley's td reception?

This means you Zay Jones.

@JaySkurski

#Bills OC Rick Dennison says "we have guys on the roster that have to step up" when it comes to replacing Jordan Matthews.

@Nick_Wojton

VIDEO: Dennison said he guys already w/the #Bills will need to step up to replace Jordan Matthews: "Guys will earn catches, spots, targets"

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/914934666037202945/pu/vid/1280x720/Ulj5hDtNja9ewZZP.mp4

This means you Zay Jones.

@JaySkurski

#Bills OC Rick Dennison says "we have guys on the roster that have to step up" when it comes to replacing Jordan Matthews.

I think his name just needs to be Zones. That's it. We need him right now to either get in a zone, or in the end zone. And he has shown that he can beat a zone. But he just happens to be zoned out. That must change.

For some reason I think it will click with Zay. That being said, matthews has been a joy to watch, and I'm concerned about this loss. The D and key in on clay and who else is really a threat?

Holmes might be okay as a patchwork. He caught an easy TD. He showed quick reflexes and awareness for a second TD. Yesterday he caught a nice pass over the middle for a first down I think. He has had genuine success in the league before. We had planned on him being the number two before the season started and he didn't have a good preseason but he possesses talent. I'm not sure he can produce but it's possible.

I was not going to read 8 pages, but this was the post I was waiting for........

All the experts explaining why Matthews was better then Watkins and pointing to his durability.

Goff still not looking for Watkins, but anyone catch that hit he made on Gurley's td reception?

Nope, didn't see it. I did notice that on one of his TDs ( to Kupp) Goff had Watkins open in the middle of the end zone and opted for Kupp anyway. Don't know if he didn't see it or what. Eventually he'll get in a comfort zone with SW. Lots of targets on that team and only so many balls to go around I guess.

Bang! http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017100104/2017/REG4/Rams@Cowboys?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2017100104#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000854665&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore

Powell, Streator and Reilly

On the flip side, opposing D's are going double or triple whoever replaces Matthews and leave Zay alone as he can't catch anything.

I was saying yesterday that this whole Zay can't catch thing is a long ruse to get defenses to ignore him, when he will promptly set the NFL on fire.

Also, we can't re-sign Streater.

For some reason I think it will click with Zay. That being said, matthews has been a joy to watch, and I'm concerned about this loss. The D and key in on clay and who else is really a threat?

...he's overplaying it.....with 160 receptions at ECU, he is not known for drops.....so I think he's pressing too hard for drop in Carolina game......

Is that true? I didn't read the details of his settlement anywhere.

According to https://overthecap.com/what-exactly-are-injury-settlements/

Once the settlement occurs the player is again released from the team (in most cases exposed to waivers), except in this situation the player can return to the team, with a bit of a catch. The player is not allowed to return to the team until the length of the settlement passes plus another 6 weeks.

Is that true? I didn't read the details of his settlement anywhere.

They released him with an injury settlement prior to the season. Free to sign with anyone now. Has to wait 6 weeks to resign with Buffalo

We have a ton of extra picks to go with our own, just trade one for a legit WR and lets win the div. Go get Keenan Allen or Pierre Garcon

Like this thinking. I'm not sure about the division as Brady is still healthy. The playoffs can surely be considered possible right now. Get a legit target, throw to Clay, new WR and McCoy, less Tolbert.

Chargers are in cap hell and have a ton of WR depth, plus mike Williams is about to be activated. I can see them making a move with KA prior to the deadline. He's fantastic imo but also been really injury prone so they haven't gotten their money's worth to this point

Edited by YoloinOhio

Chargers are in cap hell and have a ton of WR depth, plus mike Williams is about to be activated. I can see them making a move with KA prior to the deadline. He's fantastic imo but also been really injury prone so they haven't gotten their money's worth to this point

Wonder what he or Tyrell Williams would cost.

Wonder what he or Tyrell Williams would cost.

i don't think they will trade Tyrell because he's on a cheap deal. They might trade Dontrell Inman because he's about to be a FA and they will not be paying him.

I would think a 3rd and a young player like Adolphus would do it on KA

i don't think they will trade Tyrell because he's on a cheap deal. They might trade Dontrell Inman because he's about to be a FA and they will not be paying him.

I would think a 3rd and a young player like Adolphus would do it on KA

Reasonable deal. But his injury concerns are greater than Sammy's. Still, his expected production would come at a reasonable price through 2020.

True regarding Tyrell.