What Bands Would Be Worthy of a SB Half Time Appearance ??

T master

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought i would pose the question to the Bills fans

What is a band that has "NOT" played a SB half time show that you think is worthy of that task & has the resume to go along with being selected for that show ??

I have heard a lot of bands play for the SB half time show, some were great i thought, only to come on here & see people say it sucked & then the ones that i thought sucked (black eyed Peas) again i would come on here & fans would say it was awesome .

Usually the ones that people thought sucked were older groups like The Who, every one if i remember was bashing them for what ever reason (mainly because i think those fans were tone deaf but thats just me)

So if you were chosen to the committee that gets to choose who will be a group that would be considered for the gig of the SB half time show who might be the band that would be your write in candidate ??

And the second part of the question who would you have come back to do it again !!

My first is AC/DC !!! I have never heard them do a half time show :doh: WHY ???

Aerosmith would be my bring back band !!

Your turn Bills fans ...

Gordon Lightfoot.

I saw some great ones in this thread:

ACDC

GnR

Van Halen (with Sammy, please - because DLR is done)

Foo Fighters

Green Day

Pearl Jam

Brian Setzer

Since every NFL and MLB team has adopted "Seven Nation Army" as its battle cry, White Stripes would be cool.

Tom Petty, IMO, was the 2nd best SB performance I've seen. Since Prince (the best, hands down) is gone, this would be my redux pick.

All in all, if I had to choose one who I think would be the most entertaining and likely to do it ... I think I'd go with Pearl Jam and I'm a bigger fan of pretty much every other artist/band that I listed. I just think Pearl Jam, in a small set, would absolutely rock with high quality tunes.

Edited by Gugny

Gordon Lightfoot.

As much as I like him as a songwriter, he might just be a tad mellow for the Super Bowl.

Has Genesis ever played it? Not their biggest fan but didn't see them mentioned upthread.

I'm not opposed to AC/DC, Van Halen, Metallica or pretty much any others mentioned.

No more Beyoncé please!!

As much as I like him as a songwriter, he might just be a tad mellow for the Super Bowl.

Has Genesis ever played it? Not their biggest fan but didn't see them mentioned upthread.

I'm not opposed to AC/DC, Van Halen, Metallica or pretty much any others mentioned.

No more Beyoncé please!!

Seriously. No more of ANY of that !@#$ing autotune crap.

I think foo fighters is probably the best choice. They are still prime, have a lot of tunes that are universally recognized, and they would have fun with it and dont take themselves too seriously.

Pearl jam, my favorite is great on paper, but for various reasons, it will never happen.

Green day would be a really good choice.

There are some i could list off that arent realistic... like beck, primus, etc

Very surprised it took so long to mention Foo Fighters. The band, Dave Grohl and their set list is made for stadium rock. Dave Grohl might be the most electric live rock performer today.

Jack White could be another good choice but other than a few songs (Seven Nation Army) I don't think many know his set list.

Foo Fighters would be good until Grohl unloads a fusillade of F-bombs.

Gwar has the Beavis and Butthead seal of approval so even though I've never heard them, thumbs up.

Roger Waters would make things interesting. Maybe Neil Young could join him on stage.

Kiss would be entertaining. EDIT: I forgot they already played a SB half-time

Edited by SinceThe70s

wow. that's some bad taste.

agreed. I have 500+ gb music and none of that crap is on it

1) Iggy Stooge----- shock those NFL lawyers and prudish corporate "fans"

2) The Mothers of invention. With Zappa appearing in a hologram. Already in rehearsal for upcoming tour.

in contrast,you sir have great taste in music

1) Iggy Stooge----- shock those NFL lawyers and prudish corporate "fans"

2) The Mothers of invention. With Zappa appearing in a hologram. Already in rehearsal for upcoming tour.

Have you seen Dweezil and the Zappa Plays Zappa shows? First time I saw them they played Muffin Man with Frank on video providing the solo.

KISS

The Beach Boys

Willie Nelson

Paul Simon

Crosby, Stills, & Nash

I get to see KISS this weekend, @ Gretna Fest, once upon a time they sold out stadiums...now Gretna Fest.

How about the Smiths reuniting and we have the worse 2nd half of a super bowl, actually 2nd worse, watching the Patriots comeback against the falcons was the worse.

Awesome idea, i'd tweak it a little bit and take out .38 Special, Marshall Tucker and REO Speedwagon, but all in all a great suggestion

:D

Linkin Park before Chester an hero's

A collaborative effort of Cheap Trick, .38 Special, Marshall Tucker, REO Speedwagon

Imagine Dragons

George Strait

Elizabeth Mitchell

With Pearl Jam.... I don't think they would ever agree to play with muted instruments/lip sync. It also doesn't seem to be the kind of corporate/mainstream environment they like to support (although they seem to be softening up a bit on that front).

I would also think the NFL would have (justified) reservations on whether or not Eddie Vedder would crowbar a political message and/or inadvertently drop the F-Bomb.

A great set for the event would be Betterman, Alive, and Rockin in the Free World. Can even bring out a guest of some sort for the last one.

Foo Fighters

Pearl Jam(and I am not a big fan)

Justin Timberlake

Robert Randolph

Susan Tedeschi & Derek Trucks

Lana Del Ray

Black Keys

Sir Paul

despite all my suggestions....do away with the halftime show and do puppy bowl on the field during halftime...or lingerie bowl

Edited by The Poojer

Roger Waters would make things interesting.

If the feud with Trump continues, Roger--and his pig-- would be the perfect half time rebuttal...

https://www.google.com/search?q=roger+waters+trump+pig&safe=active&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj628uch8jWAhWIAJoKHfsCC34Q_AUICygC&biw=1280&bih=889&dpr=1

Edited by Lurker

Have you seen Dweezil and the Zappa Plays Zappa shows? First time I saw them they played Muffin Man with Frank on video providing the solo.

Dweezil's totally against the "digital puppet" show that Ahmet and Diva are trying to pull off to line their pockets. This whole thing is really sad...

Adrian Belew just backed out as did another guitarist....quite frankly i am surprised Belew even entertained the idea of it....glad he came to his senses...on a related note, Belew and Robert Fripp seemed to have buried the hatchet and we may be seeing some King Crimson with Belew involved in the near future.

Dweezil's totally against the "digital puppet" show that Ahmet and Diva are trying to pull off to line their pockets. This whole thing is really sad...