Near record warmth for Sundays game and sunny

Big Turk

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forecast right now is 86 and sunny for Sunday's game...been quite a while since we had a game we could say "Heat was an issue" in Buffalo...

I'm sure the announcers will be all over it...

I, for one, am freaking sick of it. Enough of this summer weather in September. September is supposed to be the best month- NFL starts, business slows to reasonable levels at work, the rotten children go back to school, and it cools off. Not this year, there is no NFL in Buffalo and it's hotter than satan's asscrack.

But yeah, we will probably wear our whites at home... lol. Probably the first time in awhile besides the "white out" farce a few years back.

I, for one, am freaking sick of it. Enough of this summer weather in September. September is supposed to be the best month- NFL starts, business slows to reasonable levels at work, the rotten children go back to school, and it cools off. Not this year, there is no NFL in Buffalo and it's hotter than satan's asscrack.

But yeah, we will probably wear our whites at home... lol. Probably the first time in awhile besides the "white out" farce a few years back.

Oh knock it off will you, it will get cold soon enough. This weather has been awesome. The kids & I have been swimming in the pool the last 5 days. Watched college football/bill game outside last weekend, not sure if I am going golfing Sunday afternoon or give these jokers one more Sunday of my time.

:lol: Rant of the season so far!

"And don't adjust your TV's, folks...."

*as they slowly phase into a shot of Niagara Falls with little kids standing on the railing taking photos and the announcer then says* "Boy, on a day like this, I sure could use a dip in the nice cool water of Niagara Falls"...and the other announcer says "Certainly could...especially after having a few of those wings" *as the camera shows a restaurant worker tossing wings in a large stainless steel bowl*

*as they slowly phase into a shot of Niagara Falls with little kids standing on the railing taking photos and the announcer then says* "Boy, on a day like this, I sure could use a dip in the nice cool water of Niagara Falls"...and the other announcer says "Certainly could...especially after having a few of those wings" *as the camera shows a restaurant worker tossing wings in a large stainless steel bowl*

So true. So predictable. The only thing they know about Buffalo is it's cold, team sucks, niagara falls, and wings. I have never understood the filmographical interest in wing tossing in a plain steel bowl.... but every single primetime game we see it.

Are those the worst things to be known for? The TV crews actually do a nice job highlighting the city. They also shoot the Shea's Buffalo, the inner harbor, canalside and the naval park too.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

So true. So predictable. The only thing they know about Buffalo is it's cold, team sucks, niagara falls, and wings. I have never understood the filmographical interest in wing tossing in a plain steel bowl.... but every single primetime game we see it.

They do that for a lot of cities. How many times when it is in Philly do they show a worker flipping cheesesteaks on a big grill. But yes the steel bowl wing tossing does get old at times.

Edited by Gordio

They do that for a lot of cities. How many times when it is in Philly do they show a worker flipping cheesesteaks on a big grill. But yes the steel bowl wing tossing does get old at times.

Fair enough. And the space needle in Seattle, bbq in KC or Texas, etc....

Still gets long in the tooth. I wonder if it's just the same vid clip. I never paid enough (any) attention to the person doing the flipping.

Great

And every Steelers game shows the obligatory clip of the sandwich assembly at Primanti Bros.

Lmfao. Pretty accurate.

I have to say we were looking forward to escaping the Florida heat but that doesn't look like it will be the case. We still look forward to the game, some tailgating friends and a Saturday trip to Zoar Valley.

Does anyone know if the leaves have started to change yet?

The trees are pretty much still green, we haven't had a frost yet. Be careful in Zoar Valley. I think there has been a couple accidents there this year.

:lol: You should have been in VA for the last 2 weeks of July :thumbsup:

Golf

Oh knock it off will you, it will get cold soon enough. This weather has been awesome. The kids & I have been swimming in the pool the last 5 days. Watched college football/bill game outside last weekend, not sure if I am going golfing Sunday afternoon or give these jokers one more Sunday of my time.

Edited by Baltos best

Oh it's fanfrickingtastic those wings. Mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Buffalo....where they B word when it's cold and snowy, and where they B word when its 85 in September.

:lol: