Ragland traded to KC for 4th round 2019 pick

MAJBobby

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My feeling is that the McBean combo is hell bent on taking us back to 2001... What a dumpster fire that was. Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I think McBean wants what Marv/Levy wanted. Safe, lunch pail guys who try to squeak games out with field position and lucky bounces. Waiting for the other team to make a mistake.

So getting rid of guy picked by Rex freaking Ryan to fit a specific role on a specific Defense we don't have anymore is a fire sale? Jesus folks...

So trading away Darby, Watkins, and Ragland for significantly less than their value isn't a fire sale?

Fore Sale - a selling of remaining goods or assets for a very low price.

Don't try to paint me as some sort of alertist, Jesus Kellytough...

Each of your posts in this thread is a snarky half-point. Not sure you're in a position to crown yourself discourse king.

correct. their failures to build a winner resulted in their terminations.

Were Darby, Watkins, and Ragland expected to build the team into a winner in a 2 year time frame?

Snarky half-points would be a major improvement on whatever you call that.

This can't be true! 26CB told us there's no way they trade Ragland, he's a promising second year player coming off injury. He's not having any problems in this defense, at all.

Of course, this was right after there was no way Watkins got traded. And before that, there was no way Shaq was gonna miss time with his shoulder.

Eball has finally met his match!

Why is it every single time we clean house on the defensive side it has to come with a switch between a 3-4 and a 4-3. Stache 600-600 4-3, Pettine 3-4, Schwartz 4-3, Rex 3-4, McDermott 4-3. The talent erosion would not have been nearly this bad if they just limited the house leaning moves to the same general scheme.

This franchise is a disaster thats why.

I think McBean wants what Marv/Levy wanted. Safe, lunch pail guys who try to squeak games out with field position and lucky bounces. Waiting for the other team to make a mistake.

This was not the mark of Levy's teams....plus you forgot blue collar and Buffalo guys....get all the cliches on one post

Yup, exactly. I said this in the other Ragland thread. This is why it sucks changing schemes every couple of years and why I want McDermott to be here for at least 4-5 years. I want to actually see the Bills be able to build something for once, without changing visions 2-3 years in...

Learned last night that the Niners gave both John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan six-year deals.

As a fan of the Bills (not just a specific regime - something a lot of these GMs seem to forget), this is so incredibly frustrating. The Rex Ryan hire was one of the most obvious and clear mistakes in franchise history. It set us back in more ways than people realized at the time, and the change in scheme has resulted in many players aging out of their prime with good teams, and other players deemed irrelevant.

I'm not interested in assigning blame anymore, it's just pure frustration at this point and absolutely maddening that we can sit here and watch them telegraph so many mistakes to us.

Will this regime turn it around? Should I be hyped by all these trades? I don't know, but I don't give them the benefit of the doubt. We've seen this script before, and it usually gets thrown out before the third act.

So that was a sweet trade up for the Bills.

Reggie Ragland cost them a second round pick, and 2 fourth round picks. Parlayed that into 0 games played and 1 fourth round pick in 2019.

Maybe it's a fine trade for what he is worth (which appears to be about nothing), but it certainly is quite the indictment on that 2016 selection.

That is why everyone in the front office is gone. Ragland was in trouble of not making the 53 so they took back all they could when he was going to be gone come saturday anyway.

So in three years when we switch coaching staffs again and hire someone that wants to run a 3-4 defense we can start all over again. The Bills are a broken record at this point. McDermott and Beane are just too scared to completely break it down and start from scratch like they should.

We can be sure about one thing. All these trades show that the front office is aligned and they have a vision. Is it going to work? All we can do is hope.

It can't be worse than the Rex/Whaley combo. This trade also serves as a reminder of that duo.

It can most certainly be worse than Rex/Whaley and for most of the last 17 years it has been. How have we as a fan base not learned this yet?

Prediction: In a year or two, Reggie Ragland will be KC's version of Jerry Hughes (provided that Ragland is fully recovered from his injury

Wouldn't surprise me; talk about selling at the bottom of the market.

Nice so far Beane has turned two first round picks (Watkins) into one second round and a meh cb now a second round into a fourth.... great

Let's trade the entire team for draft picks in 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024. That way, we finish 0-16, get 1st pick in 2018, and pay NO SALARY for this year. Great idea eh?

Nice so far Beane has turned two first round picks (Watkins) into one second round and a meh cb now a second round into a fourth.... great

Well he could have lost Watkins for nothing and they might have cut Ragland and got nothing.

I'll take the 2 and the 4.

We can be sure about one thing. All these trades show that the front office is aligned and they have a vision. Is it going to work? All we can do is hope.

It can't be worse than the Rex/Whaley combo. This trade also serves as a reminder of that duo.

It doesn't show that they are aligned or have a vision that will work. They are doing a tear down but don't want to say that to the fans. Disingenuous really. It's a tear down rebuild and they are getting rid of the pices that don't fit their system. Except for the Watkins deal, which was just to avoid the possibility of looking bad when he had a good season and they didn't want to pay him. There is nothing saying their system will be better than Sexy Rexys for all we know. What sucks for the fans is that we know the organization spent a lot of draft capital on these players and the return for them is likely to produce role players or camp players at best.

Let's trade the entire team for draft picks in 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024. That way, we finish 0-16, get 1st pick in 2018, and pay NO SALARY for this year. Great idea eh?

Outstanding! That's taking the long view