Ragland traded to KC for 4th round 2019 pick

MAJBobby

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have 10 pages of complaining about trading a LB who's never taken an NFL snap and blew out his knee last year and was until yesterday barely cracking the preseason ST unit. He's literally never made a meaningful play in the pros. That's the level of discourse you're referring to?

This is exactly my point.

I hope not, I get he didn't fit the 4-3, but ACL's take time, to think the Ragland you see now, won't get better seems myopic.

He is and always was going to be a two down thumper in the NFL. He will not help KC that much. A BU two down thumper.

How does it hurt the team? On the field? No. In the front office where the main decision makers are new? No. With the training or scouting staff knowing RR is no longer a fit? No. In the locker room where they may like the guy but feel bad for him because he will likely not be able to reach his potential in this system? Probably not. With the fans? Maybe some like yourself but by a short gaze into all of the responses the fans seem to be more glad we got what we did or glad he will get a chance in a system that plays to his strengths.

I'm not completely happy with the trade but don't really know what he has done in camp. If Beane and McD think that it is only a matter of time before RR is fully healthy and could still be a force in this league like a lot of people do I don't like it much. If they think that he is just too slow and a deficiency of pass coverage in a passing league so even at 100% he is not going to be more than a 1-2 down average starter then I think they got good value. Either of those could be true. A fourth round pick, even though guy's around the NFL value them very rarely pan out. A 5th rounder, which this is equivalent to, even less.

You would have to think that if Beane and McDermott thought Ragland was going to seriously compete next year for a start at MLB, then they would have kept him. Especially for a measly 4th rounder in 2 years.

They must have decided he was not EVER going to cut the mustard here. Only way it makes sense when they claim to be building for the future. Because Preston Brown is no superstar. He will be replaced.

How does it hurt the team? On the field? No. In the front office where the main decision makers are new? No. With the training or scouting staff knowing RR is no longer a fit? No. In the locker room where they may like the guy but feel bad for him because he will likely not be able to reach his potential in this system? Probably not. With the fans? Maybe some like yourself but by a short gaze into all of the responses the fans seem to be more glad we got what we did or glad he will get a chance in a system that plays to his strengths.

I'm not completely happy with the trade but don't really know what he has done in camp. If Beane and McD think that it is only a matter of time before RR is fully healthy and could still be a force in this league like a lot of people do I don't like it much. If they think that he is just too slow and a deficiency of pass coverage in a passing league so even at 100% he is not going to be more than a 1-2 down average starter then I think they got good value. Either of those could be true. A fourth round pick, even though guy's around the NFL value them very rarely pan out. A 5th rounder, which this is equivalent to, even less.

It's still a 4th round pick, so the odds of hitting on it are that of a typical 4th round pick.

Just because people say that it's equivalent in value to a 5th round pick this year doesn't make it a 5th round pick in the actual draft.

This is the sunk cost fallacy in action. We did not *just* throw away a 2nd round pick. We threw it away when we drafted him because he does not fit into this team. Whaley threw it away, the current regime had nothing to do with it.

We just threw away a 2nd round pick. This is why we are who we are.

Were you this critical of a move that traded away 2 4th rounders to move up 8 spots in the draft?

What could possible point could you have?

Were you this defensive of the move that traded away 2 4th rounders to move up 8 spots in the draft?

Edited by Jauronimo

Ha ha ha Ragland being included with Sammy and Darby. Ha ha ha

1st and 2nd round picks should be the core of your team. We get rid of them like we don't need them. McD and BB better come away with a great QB prospect and several other impact players over the next few years or they will be gone too.

I mean we might not even get the pick. The likely condition on it is making the KC chiefs team this year.

That is not a guarantee

1st and 2nd round picks should be the core of your team. We get rid of them like we don't need them. McD and BB better come away with a great QB prospect and several other impact players over the next few years or they will be gone too.

Thats what happens when you turn the GM and coaching staff over every two years.

It's still a 4th round pick, so the odds of hitting on it are that of a typical 4th round pick.

Just because people say that it's equivalent in value to a 5th round pick this year doesn't make it a 5th round pick in the actual draft.

Of course not, but it's value. Two years from now, when the pick is made in the fourth round, Beane and McD could be fighting for their jobs after two straight terrible seasons. I'm not predicting that it's just a fact. One year from now they won't be under that particular gun. And a fourth round pick is likely not going to help them in that third year. That's why picks are thought to be devalued about a round per year.

Probably a great argument why you don't flush those picks down the toilet for WR and LB when you don't have a QB or secondary in place.