Ragland traded to KC for 4th round 2019 pick

MAJBobby

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people need to learn about sunk costs.....

Ragland doesn't fit in today's NFL as a passing down player, to get a 4th round pick for him is pretty solid work.

Yep sunk cost fallacy comes up all the time, thankfully our current regime understands it very well. Good to see.

Trading RR is not a surprise. Getting very little in return is surprising. Beane seems under-value our assets. A 4th rounder in 2019 equals a 5th rounder next year. RR was worth more than that! Trading doesn't seem to be Beane's strength.

He's unproven coming off a major injury so his value is not high

Why are you folks complaining?

Ragland was on the verge of being flat out cut and the Bills turned around and got something for a player they had no use for.

What is apparent though is that the Pegula's are going to have to ride this thing out with the MCBeane duo. They really have no choice.

It's great to acquire all this draft capital, it's even better to find contributing players from it.

Why are you folks complaining?

Ragland was on the verge of being flat out cut and the Bills turned around and got something for a player they had no use for.

What is apparent though is that the Pegula's are going to have to ride this thing out with the MCBeane duo. They really have no choice.

It's great to acquire all this draft capital, it's even better to find contributing players from it.

They didn't with Murray and Bylsma with the Sabres.

Trading RR is not a surprise. Getting very little in return is surprising. Beane seems under-value our assets. A 4th rounder in 2019 equals a 5th rounder next year. RR was worth more than that! Trading doesn't seem to be Beane's strength.

Huh. I actually think it's pretty impressive that he got a 4th for a guy coming off a major knee injury that probably won't be fully healthy until next season. We don't know what the conditions of the pick are yet, though. Maybe the pick moves up a round if Ragland does well, or maybe the pick is conditional on him making the team...

I also think it was amazing to get Anything for Cardale! Even if te only a 7th. He's a practice squad QB at best.

And getting a 3rd plus Matthews (who was drafted in the 2nd in the strongest WR draft class in a Long time), for a guy drafted in the 2nd was also great value IMO.

I'd have liked a 1st for Sammy, but with his injury history and being a free agent at year's end it just wasn't realistic.

But I think Beane has traded pretty well so far, as far as value goes.

This makes sense, his knee was still holding him back and wasn't drafted to fit McD and KC is a great fit for his style. Not really surprised at all by this, I knew there was no way we were going to cut him for nothing. I think the value we got is fair considering he's coming off a big injury and its still hindering him. If he becomes a quality starter there or better, than maybe we didn't get enough, but considering he's still an unknown quantity having never played yet and still recovering from his season ending injury I think this was about right.

Horrible return. As with Watkins, couldn't they have waited for him to show he's healthy? I guess this follows the philosophy of running a team without considering what round a player was drafted in, which is good from the standpoint of not giving guys starting positions when they don't deserve them just because they were high picks.

Huh?

Exactly, this is an absolute joke. Let the guy have this season to get up to speed & see what you have in him next year. To give him away after we traded up for him less than 2 years ago it just makes the Bills look dumb.

This is what I would have preferred. Keep him as 3rd string/STer initially - see if he improves over the course of the season and improves his trade value,

even if he isn't a perfect fit