Ragland traded to KC for 4th round 2019 pick

MAJBobby

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How else can you build a team in a cap world?

Keep the guys you picked. We trade Darby still on his rookie deal for a player that's a FA at the end of this season in Matthews- probably won't sign him because he'll cost too much.

The cap isn't unmanageable. Most teams can handle it.

I just hope he doesn't make KC any better. We need them to lose a lot this season.

McBeane gave them a player to help them this year, thus making our pick from them worse. I expect Willie "Mays" Hayes and Roger Dorn to be added to the roster any minute.

We just threw away a 2nd round pick. These picks should be instant contributors. Instead, we're just left hoping BB and McD are going to be good at drafting. We're stepping over dollars to save pennies.

This is the sunk cost fallacy in action. We did not *just* throw away a 2nd round pick. We threw it away when we drafted him because he does not fit into this team. Whaley threw it away, the current regime had nothing to do with it.

Good asset management

Are you saying the Bills should have schemed their defense around Ragland?

Excuse me while I piss my pants laughing.

Ragland is a 3-4 guy. Plain and simple. Better to get something now than to cut him in a week.

Keep the guys you picked. We trade Darby still on his rookie deal for a player that's a FA at the end of this season in Matthews- probably won't sign him because he'll cost too much.

The cap isn't unmanageable. Most teams can handle it.

This organization has no ties to any of these players on the roster. They are building a football team.

NOT accumulating Talent like Whaley did

Again, who said that? The level of discourse on this site would be a lot higher if you could accept that some of those who disagree with you do so from a point of reason.

I don't complain about everything and expect the worse anymore than you blindly support everything this team does while thinking we're contenders.

So far this vision and process has produced a lot of moves that I don't agree with.

We have 10 pages of complaining about trading a LB who's never taken an NFL snap and blew out his knee last year and was until yesterday barely cracking the preseason ST unit. He's literally never made a meaningful play in the pros. That's the level of discourse you're referring to?

McBeane gave them a player to help them this year, thus making our pick from them worse. I expect Willie "Mays" Hayes and Roger Dorn to be added to the roster any minute.

I laugh for those that think Ragland is going to help KC this year

I understand it's a different staff and system, but when a team gets nothing out of 1st and 2nd round picks, it hurts the team. Even if the trade makes sense.

How does it hurt the team? On the field? No. In the front office where the main decision makers are new? No. With the training or scouting staff knowing RR is no longer a fit? No. In the locker room where they may like the guy but feel bad for him because he will likely not be able to reach his potential in this system? Probably not. With the fans? Maybe some like yourself but by a short gaze into all of the responses the fans seem to be more glad we got what we did or glad he will get a chance in a system that plays to his strengths.

I'm not completely happy with the trade but don't really know what he has done in camp. If Beane and McD think that it is only a matter of time before RR is fully healthy and could still be a force in this league like a lot of people do I don't like it much. If they think that he is just too slow and a deficiency of pass coverage in a passing league so even at 100% he is not going to be more than a 1-2 down average starter then I think they got good value. Either of those could be true. A fourth round pick, even though guy's around the NFL value them very rarely pan out. A 5th rounder, which this is equivalent to, even less.

Again, who said that? The level of discourse on this site would be a lot higher if you could accept that some of those who disagree with you do so from a point of reason.

I don't complain about everything and expect the worse anymore than you blindly support everything this team does while thinking we're contenders.

So far this vision and process has produced a lot of moves that I don't agree with.

Were you this critical of a move that traded away 2 4th rounders to move up 8 spots in the draft?

Exactly. People act like it was cut him or trade him to the lowest bidder. The guy is just coming back from a major injury. No need to rush it and get rid of him cheap.

Beane is dumping young players with potential at their lowest value. Sammy, Darby, and now Ragland.

This is poor value, and the pattern here by Beane is troubling.

Beane is dumping young players with potential at their lowest value. Sammy, Darby, and now Ragland.

This is poor value, and the pattern here by Beane is troubling.

Ha ha ha Ragland being included with Sammy and Darby. Ha ha ha

Murray kind of did that to himself IMO. He traded away a ton of good, high draft picks to speed up the rebuild and flat out said as much. He said rebuilds don't have to take years. He said "give me 2 drafts".

Had he just been more patient and used all those 1st and 2nd round picks he traded away, Pegula probably would have been more patient IMO.

Plus, him being such a jerk didn't help I don't think, especially since LaFontaine hired him, not Pegula.

He is the owner. My point is the Pegula's don't seem to have patience. I'm curious how they react when we win 2-3 games each of the next 2 seasons and fans are bitching and complaining and not buying tickets