Ragland traded to KC for 4th round 2019 pick

MAJBobby

I like the trade. I am all for getting picks.

It is frustrating though, and I understand the negativity reflex

A real indictment on Whaley. Its a wonder why this guy got so much praise amongst Bills fans. He stunk and I dont see him getting another GM gig any time soon.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know people are always mad about everything because losing is all you know, but at least there is a clear plan in place and it's a long term plan.

I do feel better about having a plan and a vision. Now, let's see it all come together. It won't happen overnight...

I know the narrative is that Ragland was a bad fit for the system, but I'm just not seeing that he showed anything to make us think that was the issue, rather than that he's just not a quality NFL LB. I'm a huge bama fan and was ready to buy a ragland jersey after the bills drafted him, but sometimes they just dont turn out like you want/expect. I'm glad they got a 4th in return, we're washing the stink of whaley and rex from this team for sure.

I loved his potential coming out of college too, and had he been able to play last year I wonder if he would have been able to realize some of that potential. Rex called him the best player on the field (but Rex tends to exaggerate). He sure hasn't shown anything this year though, outside of a couple nice run stuffs.

I could see him doing much better in KC though. That scheme is much closer to what he ran in college. I wish him the best there, just not this year. Although I don't have much hope of KC's 1st being too high anyway. It's most likely going to be a late round pick (with or without Ragland).

It's a logical move. He was a 2nd rounder that had serious injury, wasn't a good 4-3 fit and wasn't getting any burn with even the 2nd team defense. You can't really hold his draft status against the current regime as they weren't involved in that. You get what you can.

We could also trade Shady for a condition 2nd rounder in 2022, rather than just cut him but I don't think those are our only options.

Exactly. People act like it was cut him or trade him to the lowest bidder. The guy is just coming back from a major injury. No need to rush it and get rid of him cheap.

It doesn't matter. You deal with the guy or get more for him. It is a ridiculous trade.

Edit: A ridiculous trade to a team we want to do poorly this year.

Exactly, this is an absolute joke. Let the guy have this season to get up to speed & see what you have in him next year. To give him away after we traded up for him less than 2 years ago it just makes the Bills look dumb.

don't mind the move, but if it's a 4th it should be next year. A 3rd if having to wait till 2019. Or at least the ability for it to become a 3rd based on performance. A flat-out 4th seems low, but sometimes you can find a good pick in that round.

the guy hasn't played a down in the NFL and is coming off a major knee injury that is not healed yet. And he probably starts the year on the PUP for KC. The Bills got good value for him. I am very surprised we got a 4th for Ragland given that he has shown NOTHING so far. Nice job McBean.

Ragland was a Rex type of player. I don't think it was a "Whaley pick" per say. Either way, we get something for a guy who did not fit our defense.

i agree with this. I picture Rex standing over a perspiring Whaley as Ragland drops to the 2nd round, threatening to out him for his online "viewing activity" at the office if he doesn't trade up for his guy. :lol: Edited by YoloinOhio

Why is it every single time we clean house on the defensive side it has to come with a switch between a 3-4 and a 4-3. Stache 600-600 4-3, Pettine 3-4, Schwartz 4-3, Rex 3-4, McDermott 4-3. The talent erosion would not have been nearly this bad if they just limited the house leaning moves to the same general scheme.

Exactly right. Why people are saying Whaley made mistakes and not factoring in that he had to manage this landscape is beyond me.