Ragland traded to KC for 4th round 2019 pick

MAJBobby

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprised. He really doesn't fit the new scheme. This is what sucks about switching schemes every couple years...

I hate helping KC this season though. He fits great into their scheme and could be a difference maker.

I know the narrative is that Ragland was a bad fit for the system, but I'm just not seeing that he showed anything to make us think that was the issue, rather than that he's just not a quality NFL LB. I'm a huge bama fan and was ready to buy a ragland jersey after the bills drafted him, but sometimes they just dont turn out like you want/expect. I'm glad they got a 4th in return, we're washing the stink of whaley and rex from this team for sure.

Edited by dorquemada

don't mind the move, but if it's a 4th it should be next year. A 3rd if having to wait till 2019. Or at least the ability for it to become a 3rd based on performance. A flat-out 4th seems low, but sometimes you can find a good pick in that round.

The Bills site says it's a conditional pick. I wonder if he becomes an all-Pro that it becomes a 3rd or 2nd rounder. The guy was a huge talent coming out of Alabama. That talent will not go away. It just needs to be in the right position.

Probably conditional in whether he makes the team or not

Im not going to defend the move at this time...I still think we should have given him time to develop/come back from the major injury

I think it was Kelso who said it was unrealistic for fans to think Ragland is completely healed from his injury. He said it would take this season to get him back to pre-surgery football.

The Bills site says it's a conditional pick. I wonder if he becomes an all-Pro that it becomes a 3rd or 2nd rounder. The guy was a huge talent coming out of Alabama. That talent will not go away. It just needs to be in the right position.

i don't expect to be an all pro but if there are conditions where the pick could increase in value (and 2 seasons to get there) that would be great

I'd be good with extending Brown. He has actually looked pretty darn good in this scheme.

He has looked really good so far this year imo

He is far better against the run than he is against the pass. It is a passing league.

I suspect he will be one of the biggest weaknesses on defense this year.

And I suspect Beane will be drafting a MLB high next year.

Wait for the regular season.