Ragland traded to KC for 4th round 2019 pick

MAJBobby

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trading RR is not a surprise. Getting very little in return is surprising. Beane seems under-value our assets. A 4th rounder in 2019 equals a 5th rounder next year. RR was worth more than that! Trading doesn't seem to be Beane's strength.

It's actually a favor to Ragland too, if you think about it.

From all accounts, this kid was working his tail off to fit in this 4-3 but it just wasn't working out for him and it really seemed to bother him (from what I read/heard). Now this gives him a chance to catch on in a scheme that he fits in much better. Should give his confidence level a shot in the arm too. He should have a much better idea of how to run KC's scheme.

Some people need to learn about sunk costs.....

Ragland doesn't fit in today's NFL as a passing down player, to get a 4th round pick for him is pretty solid work.

Yep. Personally would have liked a player for player BUT this is a good trade.

so we should try no plan since other plans failed? Maybe we shouldn't draft players since players in the past have been busts.

No one said anything of the sort. The existence of a plan does not mean said plan is a good one. People are relieved to see a plan and vision. I'll be relieved when/if the results don't suck this time around. I've watched more than a few plans unfold.

i agree with this. I picture Rex standing over a perspiring Whaley as Ragland drops to the 2nd round, threatening to out him for his online "viewing activity" at the office if he doesn't trade up for his guy. :lol:

:lol:......... Seriously though, I believe Rex viewed Ragland as his David Harris in our defense.

Trading RR is not a surprise. Getting very little in return is surprising. Beane seems under-value our assets. A 4th rounder in 2019 equals a 5th rounder next year. RR was worth more than that! Trading doesn't seem to be Beane's strength.

Really how was he worth more?

2017 NFL = passing league

RR a two down thumper

Coming off acl

No one said anything of the sort. The existence of a plan does not mean said plan is a good one. People are relieved to see a plan and vision. I'll be relieved when/if the results don't suck this time around. I've watched more than a few plans unfold.

But in the meantime let's complain about everything and expect the worst because that's why we watch football, amirite?

Might as well trade him if you can get something for him, especially since he was "fighting for a roster spot" as McD has been quoted as saying. If there was a good chance of cutting him, best to trade him and get something for him.

Exactly, this is an absolute joke. Let the guy have this season to get up to speed & see what you have in him next year. To give him away after we traded up for him less than 2 years ago it just makes the Bills look dumb.

None of the current decision makers had anything to do with that pick, or that trade up...

And a LOT of people feel what made the Bills look dumb was to give up two 4th round picks to trade up for a 2-down, 3-4, ILB...Then they switch back to the 4-3 and he's not really a fit at all...

To boot, that same ILB is coming off a major knee injury and was not going to play...Nothing against Ragland...it was to be expected he would not be back to full speed for a while...

How is this dumb again?... B-)