Ragland traded to KC for 4th round 2019 pick

MAJBobby

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the trade. I am all for getting picks.

It is frustrating though, and I understand the negativity reflex

A real indictment on Whaley. Its a wonder why this guy got so much praise amongst Bills fans. He stunk and I dont see him getting another GM gig any time soon.

Soon?!? I almost fell down laughing.

Whaley got so much praise from Bills fans in general because they were so used to losing, they started to defend their right to have a losing team. Reporters would write things like "The Bills' fans deserve better than this front office." The fans would fire back with "No we don't; you leave Doug Whaley alone!" Good times. The fact that you have to be in the minority to believe in McDermott & Beane tells me we're finally on the right track.

Exactly, this is an absolute joke. Let the guy have this season to get up to speed & see what you have in him next year. To give him away after we traded up for him less than 2 years ago it just makes the Bills look dumb.

The vet 3rd string LB who has already proven he sucks will be so much better in this role than the injured 2nd year player who just might be able to contribute one day.

This is true...until the plan and vision actually translate to wins...people have a right to be skeptical

There's a difference between being sceptical and immediately trashing it

Every failed coach/GM we had before had a plan and a vision. Matt Millen had a process too.

I did not feel good about all he previous regimes (and I hated the Rex hire!). I feel better about this time, that was my point. Of course they all thought they had a sound plan in the past. Much will come down to the quality of scouting as they appear to be hell bent on building through the draft.

i agree with this. I picture Rex standing over a perspiring Whaley as Ragland drops to the 2nd round, threatening to out him for his online "viewing activity" at the office if he doesn't trade up for his guy. :lol:

I pictured that once Rex found out they didn't keep Hogan. :lol:

so we should try no plan since other plans failed? Maybe we shouldn't draft players since players in the past have been busts.

He's saying it's the same as every other coach and GM....get rid of most players from previous regimes and bring your own in. We had a good defense in 2014...destroyed it in 2015...had a pretty good offense last year....doesn't look great so far this year. This is what happens when you change coaches and GMs every 2-3 years

If we are talking Scheme fit.

Look out John Miller. (Specially if Groy enters that competition at RG)

Not sure which of the two threads will get locked but I saw the other one first so IN.

Beating my own chest i did beat him lol