MAJBobby

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) The pick is in 2019

2) He was a 3rd string LB

1) I know

2) he was a 2nd round pick last year that we just dumped for a mid round pick. The fact that he was a 3rd stringer makes it even worse. These picks should be part of our core and not struggling to see the field. I get the current regime is trying to clean up Whaley's mess but I'm holding off praise until I actually see what they do with all these picks.

Edited by Bangarang

What could possible point could you have?

Were you this defensive of the move that traded away 2 4th rounders to move up 8 spots in the draft?

I was ambivalent about it, with a negative bent. I didn't hate the pick, but disliked the price, which in retrospect was monumental if you believe the stories that they wanted to pick Dak in the 4th. But I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Now, we're looking at a hobbled system misfit who's had trouble hanging with the 3rd unit. I'm not going to trash the staff for getting something out of a very bad trade and pick last year.

1) I know

2) he was a 2nd round pick last year that we just dumped for a mid round pick. The fact that we had a 3rd stringer makes it even worse. These picks should be part of our core and not struggling to see the field. I get the current regime is trying to clean up Whaley's mess but I'm holding off praise until I see what they do with all these picks.

They should of traded him before preseason. Better value maybe higher draft pick and this year or next year.

Ha ha ha Ragland being included with Sammy and Darby. Ha ha ha

Young players that were drafted higher than what we are dumping them for was the point...nobody put them on the same level, champ.

I'm glad you enjoy throwing away young players that cost much more than what we are bringing back...that's a losing philosophy if I ever saw one.

1) I know

2) he was a 2nd round pick last year that we just dumped for a mid round pick. The fact that we had a 3rd stringer makes it even worse. These picks should be part of our core and not struggling to see the field. I get the current regime is trying to clean up Whaley's mess but I'm holding off praise until I see what they do with all these picks.

If you buy 1,000 stocks worth $10 each last year but today they are worth $3 each and have been falling ever since you bought them. Is it better to sit and wait for it to rebound back to $10 or assume it's going to completely bottom out since it has showed absolutely no sign of going back up?

Huh. I actually think it's pretty impressive that he got a 4th for a guy coming off a major knee injury that probably won't be fully healthy until next season. We don't know what the conditions of the pick are yet, though. Maybe the pick moves up a round if Ragland does well, or maybe the pick is conditional on him making the team...

I also think it was amazing to get Anything for Cardale! Even if te only a 7th. He's a practice squad QB at best.

And getting a 3rd plus Matthews (who was drafted in the 2nd in the strongest WR draft class in a Long time), for a guy drafted in the 2nd was also great value IMO.

I'd have liked a 1st for Sammy, but with his injury history and being a free agent at year's end it just wasn't realistic.

But I think Beane has traded pretty well so far, as far as value goes.

+1 And don't write off EJ Gaines as just a throw in. He will probably be our starter, and will do a good job in McDermott's scheme if he can stay healthy.

Whaley drafts looking alot worse and worse each day... Whaley was poor at drafting.. I know this was a fit for Rex D still other draft looking bad for him.

Not to mention he gave up two fourth round picks to move up and get him. Hated the move then and hate it even more now.

At least Watkins had a chance to be truly special.

I hope these new guys learn the only way to move in the draft is down