Miller vs. Ducasse

Big C

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Time to try and get that 3rd round comp pick.

Kinda Surprised he said it out loud. What happens if the guys we want to release by week 10 (Ducasse/Davis/Holmes) suffer a season ending injury before then?

Jay Skurski

McDermott says the compensatory draft pick formula is "something we're aware of." The team will keep an eye on it, he says. #Bills

1 reply1 retweet0 likes
Retweet

Somehow the competition was "Fun to watch" for our coach

Kinda Surprised he said it out loud. What happens if the guys we want to release by week 10 (Ducasse/Davis/Holmes) suffer a season ending injury before then?

Jay Skurski

Verified account @JaySkurski 1h1 hour ago

More

McDermott says the compensatory draft pick formula is "something we're aware of." The team will keep an eye on it, he says. #Bills

1 reply1 retweet0 likes

Reply 1

Retweet 1

You reach an injury settlement and cut them.

Somehow the competition was "Fun to watch" for our coach

You reach an injury settlement and cut them.

The way I understand the comp system though, is that if they are paid for their services beyond week 10 then it counts as an accrued season. An injury settlement pays them for the amount of time until they are healthy. If they aren't healthy until the end of the year, then we'd be paying their full season salary.

If there is that loophole it seems shady.

The way I understand the comp system though, is that if they are paid for their services beyond week 10 then it counts as an accrued season. An injury settlement pays them for the amount of time until they are healthy. If they aren't healthy until the end of the year, then we'd be paying their full season salary.

If there is that loophole it seems shady.

What a debacle. Opening kickoff vs the jets, Vlad, Holmes and Davis all run full blast into eachother and get knocked for the year, knowing that the only way they don't get cut is if they're injured.

If we don't get that 3rd rd pick because we kept any of these bums in a tank season I'll be utterly befuddled and question any type of process. It's a free 3rd rd pick. If an injury can keep us from acquiring that pick, not cutting all 3 could be a major blunder

What a debacle. Opening kickoff vs the jets, Vlad, Holmes and Davis all run full blast into eachother and get knocked for the year, knowing that the only way they don't get cut is if they're injured.

If we don't get that 3rd rd pick because we kept any of these bums in a tank season I'll be utterly befuddled and question any type of process. It's a free 3rd rd pick. If an injury can keep us from acquiring that pick, not cutting all 3 could be a major blunder

Relax breh. Draft picks are gold to Beane he wont let them get away

What kills me is that we are asked to trust the process. How? As long as Ducasse is on the roster, the process is flawed, very flawed. Castillo is blind and this leads to questions about McBean as well. Pitiful...

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

What kills me is that we are asked to trust the process. How? As long as Ducasse is on the roster, the process is flawed, very flawed. Castillo is blind and this leads to questions about McBean as well. Pitiful... Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

....we've had them before....Bennie Anderson....Kirk Chambers....Rootin' Tuten Reyes........Vlad the 'Nad will get exposed..............

Ducasse is inactive today.

Let me see if I have this correct.

Vlad plays all preseason as the #1 at his position defying all logic as Miller is better. Then from last game of preseason to first reg season game he goes from near starter to inactive.

OK. Whoever the Keystone Kops are doing OL evals need to get run out of town yesterday. Pathetic.

Edited by cba fan

Let me see if I have this correct.

Vlad plays all preseason as the #1 at his position defying all logic as Miller is better. Then from last game of preseason to first reg season game he goes from near starter to inactive.

OK. Whoever the Keystone Kops are doing OL evals need to get run out of town yesterday. Pathetic.

Its called a smokescreen, and it worked to perfection.

I don't pretend to be an elite evaluator of offensive line talent, but I'll go with the consensus that Miller is better than Ducasse. I'm hearing that Dion Dawkins has the tools to be an elite zone blocking right tackle, but his pass blocking hasn't caught up, which is why Mills is clinging to the starting position. I'm guessing that at some point in the season the offensive line is going to be Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Miller and Dawkins, but it may not settle out that way for a few games.

I wonder if Glenn's foot issue will linger throughout the season. We may need to reserve Dawkins for LT work if that's the case. I can't see Seantrel being of much use when he's back and wouldn't be surprised if we released him after his suspension ends.

I don't pretend to be an elite evaluator of offensive line talent, but I'll go with the consensus that Miller is better than Ducasse. I'm hearing that Dion Dawkins has the tools to be an elite zone blocking right tackle, but his pass blocking hasn't caught up, which is why Mills is clinging to the starting position. I'm guessing that at some point in the season the offensive line is going to be Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Miller and Dawkins, but it may not settle out that way for a few games.

Mills didn't look awful today. Kind of picked up where he left off last year, above average to good run blocker poor pass blocker. I think that if Dawkins isn't ready you can live with Mills as the weak link to the O-line for this season. Certainly wished that the Bills found someone better but at least Mills is solid in terms of run blocking.

What kills me is that we are asked to trust the process. How? As long as Ducasse is on the roster, the process is flawed, very flawed. Castillo is blind and this leads to questions about McBean as well. Pitiful... Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Juan Castillo is blind? You know the man personally? You know offensive line play better than he does?

I'm trying to understand why you would make such a damning statement about someone you don't actually know. Help me out.

Castillo has been coaching football for 35 years. In what way are your football credentials so superior to his that you can define him as "blind" without ever meeting the guy or questioning him about his decision making process.

I understand we're fans and we're kind of supposed to judge our team - but to stoop to broad, sweeping attacks without the knowledge to back it up just isn't right.

I wonder if Glenn's foot issue will linger throughout the season. We may need to reserve Dawkins for LT work if that's the case. I can't see Seantrel being of much use when he's back and wouldn't be surprised if we released him after his suspension ends.

I think Dawkins has already been working exclusively at LT for a while.

Juan Castillo is blind? You know the man personally? You know offensive line play better than he does?

I'm trying to understand why you would make such a damning statement about someone you don't actually know. Help me out.

Castillo has been coaching football for 35 years. In what way are your football credentials so superior to his that you can define him as "blind" without ever meeting the guy or questioning him about his decision making process.

I understand we're fans and we're kind of supposed to judge our team - but to stoop to broad, sweeping attacks without the knowledge to back it up just isn't right.

Ducasse's play beginning when he was with the Jets has been damning and continued where ever he's landed. Castillo's connection to him is a complete mystery. Yeah, keeping Ducasse should lead to questioning Castillo. Heck we could resurrect Jerry Crofts for him if it simply about size.....

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk