Miller vs. Ducasse

Big C

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've said all offseason: Ducasse is horrible and never should've been signed.

He's not fit to be on an NFL roster, and the fact that he counts as a compensatory FA is salt in the I-can't-believe-I-have-to-watch-him-play wound

I think the coaching staff brought him in for depth and to help the other players learn the scheme. The problem is he doesn't even look like a competent backup and is taking away reps from players that need them to learn. The only silver lining is that if they cut him before week 10 he doesn't count against the comp picks formula.

Hard to say who Ravens fans hated more, Juan Castillo or Vlad Ducasse. They are very happy that both are gone.

Ravens OL was terrible and we are seeing why. I know most hires in NFL coaching circles are crony/ buddy variety, but it looks like the Bills are really going to miss Kromer. Castillo gets a D thus far.

Ravens OL was terrible and we are seeing why. I know most hires in NFL coaching circles are crony/ buddy variety, but it looks like the Bills are really going to miss Kromer. Castillo gets a D thus far.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-this-season

For what it's worth, PFF actually had the ravens o line ranked higher than the Bills last year.

In 2015 they had them ranked #13 and Buffalo #9 -

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-lines-this-season

In 2014 Baltimore was ranked the #3 O line in the NFL - https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/2014-pff-offensive-line-rankings

Football outsides had the ravens ranked the #8 pass protection line last year, and the Bills #31.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

In 2015 the ravens ranked #2 in pass protection by F.O. -

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol2015

Edited by BillsFan4

Miller started and was in for the first series - he was not to blame for the INT in any way - that was actually on Shady from a blocking perspective. Ducasse then played the second series and was responsible for 2 hits on TT with missed blocks.

When the two are on the field it is not hard to see who is better. It isn't a close contest and if the concern truly is that Miller isn't an experienced stretch zone blocker then how do you help get him that experience when he is on the bench?

What exactly did Shady do that was wrong on that play?

What exactly did Shady do that was wrong on that play?

He tried to just throw a half hearted low block on his man rather than a full engage. Had he fully engaged likely the defender can't get his hands up to bat the pass. It was a pre-season business decision I understand and have no problem with it. But it sure as hell wasn't an O-line issue.

As I've said all offseason: Ducasse is horrible and never should've been signed.

He's not fit to be on an NFL roster, and the fact that he counts as a compensatory FA is salt in the I-can't-believe-I-have-to-watch-him-play wound

Bandit, a close friend of mine is an avid Jets Fan. I consider him to be a football expert as far as fans go. I won't put him in a class with Badol, but I would place him in the 2 percentile of knowledgeable fans. He told me that Ducasse might be the worst offensive lineman he has ever seen. Now, he can't remember seeing Greg Jerman or Marcus Spriggs, but his point is taken.

From what I have seen, I am convinced that the Bills could do better with an undrafted free agent. They really should cut Duclasse today and try to coach someone up, especially if doing so will help net them another 3rd!!!

:sick:

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott says Vlad Ducasse will start at RG, but, that it's still an open competition with John Miller.

HAHAHAHA WTFFFFFFFF? do they really watch the tape and are like YES great block. i like how you got pancaked on that play and fell backwards right into the QB's lap! they would be better off putting a tackling dummy at RG than big bad Vlad

Why can't we put our best 5 on the field. Groy should move to RG. Put Miller or Dawkins at RT. Cut Bad Vlad. Sit Mills. Pick up someone's cuts.

Love how people think you can just move guards out to play tackle and take into no consideration arm length, footwork, or ability to play the position...they are two totally different positions...

That's the problem with people playing Madden...they think they can just move anyone anywhere in real life and they'll be fine...reality is a long long way from Madden

Surprised that the intrepid local media haven't pressed the issue more in the PCs. It doesn't have to be a direct question of why is Ducasse still starting, but more of - is Miller battling an injury or failing to pick up the new offense. Any way they can frame it to have McD answer the obvious weak spot on the OL.

My coworker is a Ravens fan and had a good laugh when I told him the Bills signed Ducasse. Castillo's fascination for him is unsettling.

I've almost never wanted to see a Bills player fail, but I hope he gets abused all game and they finally see he is not a capable starter.

Tyrod is going to get killed this year and we're going to go another year of having no idea if Tyrod is any good because he's never going to have more than 2 seconds to throw the ball.

Edited by elroy16

My coworker is a Ravens fan and had a good laugh when I told him the Bills signed Ducasse. Castillo's fascination for him is unsettling.

I've almost never wanted to see a Bills player fail, but I hope he gets abused all game and they finally see he is not a capable starter.

Tyrod is going to get killed this year and we're going to go another year of having no idea if Tyrod is any good because he's never going to have more than 2 seconds to throw the ball.

you would think the eagles game was enough