Miller vs. Ducasse

Big C

Missed the game tonight but skimming through the game thread I see a lot of Ducasse rage and no mention of Miller. Did Miller play? With the first team?

I am a little worried that Castillo likes Ducasse and we are going to have some sort of Colin Brown situation on our hands again.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed the game tonight but skimming through the game thread I see a lot of Ducasse rage and no mention of Miller. Did Miller play? With the first team?

I am a little worried that Castillo likes Ducasse and we are going to have some sort of Colin Brown situation on our hands again.

Ducasse started and I think they rotated. Ducasse is awful and should not make the team. Miller is much better. From what I saw not even close

Miller started and was in for the first series - he was not to blame for the INT in any way - that was actually on Shady from a blocking perspective. Ducasse then played the second series and was responsible for 2 hits on TT with missed blocks.

When the two are on the field it is not hard to see who is better. It isn't a close contest and if the concern truly is that Miller isn't an experienced stretch zone blocker then how do you help get him that experience when he is on the bench?

Miller started and was in for the first series - he was not to blame for the INT in any way - that was actually on Shady from a blocking perspective. Ducasse then played the second series and was responsible for 2 hits on TT with missed blocks.

When the two are on the field it is not hard to see who is better. It isn't a close contest and if the concern truly is that Miller isn't an experienced stretch zone blocker then how do you help get him that experience when he is on the bench?

I wish they'd put Dawkins in with Miller on the right side, but then I'd fear for the QBs life if it was Ducasse & Mills next...

Miller started and was in there for the first two series', I believe. On Ducasse's first pass play he got walked right into Taylor's lap and then got steamrolled on the next play.

From the practice notes I've read, it looks like Miller has been exclusively with the first-team with Ducasse taking less and less reps with the ones. They've moved Michael Ola to guard recently and he looked like he did better than Ducasse.

Why can't we put our best 5 on the field. Groy should move to RG. Put Miller or Dawkins at RT. Cut Bad Vlad. Sit Mills. Pick up someone's cuts.

Miller cant play RT. You best 5 at this point are

LT - Dawkins

LG - InCognito

C - Wood

RG - Miller

RT - Mills

O god i just threw up a bit

Didn't a similar thing happen a few years back with some other player? Pre-season started the other guy to send a message to the stronger player. Basically you need to wake up! When the live bullets started flying, the regular guy was in there.

It can be that or testing the viability of the backup vs starters

Or that they actually like ducasse more.

It's hard to read tooooo strongly into preseason

I was saying as long ago as May I really think Castillo is pushing for Ducasse to start.

Some very sensible posters were saying it is just OTAs they know Miller is a lot better Miller will start.....

I am losing faith that Miller will start. They are going to start Ducasse. It is negligent to do so but they are going to do it.

I was saying as long ago as May I really think Castillo is pushing for Ducasse to start.

Some very sensible posters were saying it is just OTAs they know Miller is a lot better Miller will start.....

I am losing faith that Miller will start. They are going to start Ducasse. It is negligent to do so but they are going to do it.

It would be more egregious than Aaron Kromer force-feeding us Jordan Mills.

There's a sentence I never thought I'd type.

O line is bad

Pass protection is bad. The O-Line has been pretty consistently great in the run game. That said, it will be a disaster if the O-Line is playing like they did Thursday when the season starts.

Vlad is horrible and I'm not sure when he was ever good. This organization prioritizes signing people you like, personally. That's why we have two FBs.

The wrongly maligned two fullback thing is actually very logical and addresses a specific need. Last year, the offense was effective (at or near top ten in many categories), but they were atrocious at converting 3rd & short (or 3rd & anything). Tolbert is one of the best in the league at 3rd & short runs, albeit he's heading into his 30s.

Ducasse has been terrible, and it's baffling why they would even hint at replacing a young guard, who by almost all accounts was one of the most improved in the league last year, with a guy who has had little success in his career. As depth, I could almost rationalize the signing, but we had the best running game in the league last year by 15 ypg over the next team. Why "fix" what ain't broke?

Last year, the offense was effective (at or near top ten in many categories), but they were atrocious at converting 3rd & short (or 3rd & anything). Tolbert is one of the best in the league at 3rd & short runs, albeit he's heading into his 30s.

Mike Gilleslee had the best 3rd and short conversion rate of any back in the NFL. Just FYI.

It's so inconceivable that I'll only believe it when I see it--and then I'll issue a mea culpa to you Gunner

I say there's no way Ducasse makes the team. Ryan Groy played really well last game, and can backup three positions. My guess is that the Bills wanted to see how he would do against a #1 defense to see if he could be a competent backup. He can't be.

I say there's no way Ducasse makes the team. Ryan Groy played really well last game, and can backup three positions. My guess is that the Bills wanted to see how he would do against a #1 defense to see if he could be a competent backup. He can't be.

He was with the starters again in practice yesterday. I keep hoping the are going to wake up...... I think they are going to start him.