Miller vs. Ducasse

Big C

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AND?

Everyone seems to agree he is a great talent. put him in at RG and if Wood goes out, he sldes to C and you bring in one of the scrubs.

You would think if they really strongly consider him as a guard, he would have taken reps there at some point but he has not.

I think the plan with him is having him start at center next year, releasing Wood.

In all fairness, Miller has only ben marginally better than Vlad. Of course the entire OL was a horror show last Thurs

Vlad Ducasse has NEVER, EVER been good, not even when he was much younger and screwing up for the Jests. Miller, at least, is younger so there's a slight chance he might get better.

Because the coaches and GMs know more then you.

Haven't you learned that from the past 17 years?

Well said, sir. The names and faces change but the basic brilliance of OBD's FO and coaches remains the same.

Vlad Ducasse has NEVER, EVER been good, not even when he was much younger and screwing up for the Jests. Miller, at least, is younger so there's a slight chance he might get better.

What does that say about Miller, who did not have a much better game than Vlad? Everyone highlighted Vlad getting plowed into Tyrod. Well, Miller got plowed in the same way in the next series, and it wasn't by Fletcher Cox.

Newsflash, the entire right side of the line was god awful last Thursday. And don't get me started about Jefferson. I have no clue why they're risking their QBs out there with him protecting the blind side.

Well said, sir. The names and faces change but the basic brilliance of OBD's FO and coaches remains the same.

Miller has also played pretty well in past NFL performances while Vlad as you indicated has never been any good at all.

What does that say about Miller, who did not have a much better game than Vlad? Everyone highlighted Vlad getting plowed into Tyrod. Well, Miller got plowed in the same way in the next series, and it wasn't by Fletcher Cox.

Newsflash, the entire right side of the line was god awful last Thursday. And don't get me started about Jefferson. I have no clue why they're risking their QBs out there with him protecting the blind side.

Castillo must Go !!

To those that are saying the Bills are going to be better based on better coaching than the Ryan era, I don't see this at all. This is better coaching? Exactly who here thinks Ducasse has looked good in preseason games or open practice? If we uninformed fans can all see just how bad he has been, what does that say about the judgement of the supposedly professional coaches, including our head coach? I'm not defending Miller's play in preseason, but Ducasse has looked horrible.

To those that are saying the Bills are going to be better based on better coaching than the Ryan era, I don't see this at all. This is better coaching? Exactly who here thinks Ducasse has looked good in preseason games or open practice? If we uninformed fans can all see just how bad he has been, what does that say about the judgement of the supposedly professional coaches, including our head coach? I'm not defending Miller's play in preseason, but Ducasse has looked horrible.

Miller has had a couple of struggles in pass pro - he still isn't a top level pass blocker. But he has been doing a good job the run game as per usual even in this system he isn't supposedly a natural fit for. He is just a much better NFL guard than Vlad Ducasse.

I believe the strategy for Vlad playing is for McCoy to run through the giant hole left after the DT pushes Vlad 5 yards into the backfield. Also, because Vlad is so bad at blocking, the defense won't know if the play is a setup for the screen pass or Vlad just being sucky.

I may be reaching here but...

It's my belief that the regular season will bring much more play action, moving pockets and rollouts. Is it possible that they don't care on Ducasse's failure in one on one pass pro because they know in near future, they will be putting him in a better position to succeed? Maybe to them his run blocking outweighs his lack of ability in pass pro and understanding that the offense will rely heavily on a mobile pocket allows them to be comfortable with him over Miller.

Just a thought

GROY at RG, end of story. Have no idea why this hasn't been done yet. Hopefully Cordy heals and we get Dawkins at RT. BINGO! Our 3 biggest problems-- Mills, Ducasse and Miller on the pine.

Yeah, I wonder about this too. After a rough couple series when Wood got hurt last year, Groy was one of our best O linemen, and he's perfectly comfortable at guard. I guess they don't want to have their 2 centers out there risking injury at the same time, but it seems to me that Groy is otherwise going to be underutilized (unless there are serious doubts about Wood?)

I just don't understand this at all. Ducasse has looked like pure trash against starters, against backups, it doesn't matter. Miller hasn't been perfect but he hasn't been anywhere close to as bad. Are they trying to evaluate whether or not he's even worth a spot on the 53? I don't get it.

Yeah, I wonder about this too. After a rough couple series when Wood got hurt last year, Groy was one of our best O linemen, and he's perfectly comfortable at guard. I guess they don't want to have their 2 centers out there risking injury at the same time, but it seems to me that Groy is otherwise going to be underutilized (unless there are serious doubts about Wood?)

The conspiracy theorist could look at the tea leaves and wonder if using Groy exclusively at center means that they're setting themselves up to deal Wood prior to the season...

The conspiracy theorist could look at the tea leaves and wonder if using Groy exclusively at center means that they're setting themselves up to deal Wood prior to the season...

Agreed. Dead cap hit on Wood of $4 million - I'm guessing that's the main reason he wasn't cut. I've always liked him, but age combined with the devastating injury last year probably adds up to Groy being the better center right now.

GROY at RG, end of story. Have no idea why this hasn't been done yet. Hopefully Cordy heals and we get Dawkins at RT. BINGO! Our 3 biggest problems-- Mills, Ducasse and Miller on the pine.

How is John Miller now a problem. He actually had quite a solid (if not better-than-solid) year in his second year. PFF might not be always right, but they do engage in in-depth analysis.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-10-most-improved-second-year-players

It's not just Ducasse.

The tendering of MG, reaching for need in the draft, trading a young talented stud in Sammy Watkins for an unknown draft pick.(which wouldn't shock me at all if they used on a WR, the definition of stupidity.)

SEVERAL questionable moves by the new regime. Seems like a bunch of guys learning on the job rather then guys with a well thought out plan.

Wasn't at least some of this the folly of allowing lame duck Whaley to hang around until after the draft? I still don't get that, like Whaley had some top secret draft portfolio that weighed heavily in favor of keeping him in house until after the draft. The result? A summer reshuffling as Whaley guys hit the exit door and Beane guys come in.

Wasn't at least some of this the folly of allowing lame duck Whaley to hang around until after the draft? I still don't get that, like Whaley had some top secret draft portfolio that weighed heavily in favor of keeping him in house until after the draft. The result? A summer reshuffling as Whaley guys hit the exit door and Beane guys come in.

That's exactly what it was. He set up the draft board, you don't want that information to get out. Any team that decides to bring Whaley on, they know our draft board.

LOL at those still questioning the timing of letting Whales go. It makes perfect sense. As EVERYONE has noted McD controlled that draft, not Whaley, but it was Doug who set up the draft board and you simply can't allow that information to go public. Have some of you forgotten that the Panthers believe some of that very information on their own board may have been used by McD?

I totally get not being on board with some of the decisions made by the new regime this offseason; that's a matter of opinion until we see how things play out. What I do not understand is presuming Beane/McD do not have a tactical plan in place.