NFL.com: Buffalo has the best draft grade!

mileena

NFL draft analyst Chad Reuter gives Buffalo and Houston both an overall grade of "A" for this draft!! Miami and Pittsburgh are tied for third, with an overall grade of "A-".

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000804541/article/2017-nfl-draft-quicksnap-grades-for-all-32-teams

bills_logo.jpg

Buffalo Bills

Day 1 grade: A
Day 2 grade: A
Day 3 grade: A
Overall grade: A

ESPN also rated us the best, according to a user on reddit, but he did not link the article.

Yay!!!!!! We win the off-season! [Ok, just kidding, but I am beginning to like this new Bills team.]

Edited by mileena

Anyone with half a brain has to love this draft, we might even have this year's Dak Prescott!

So we might see TT hurt in the preseason and a rookie come into the perfect situation and get lucky. That's what happened with Dak Prescott. Romo got hurt and he managed the games. We'll all see Dak has this year.

Edited by KRT88

....a couple more A's.................

Buffalo Bills
Grade: A
The Bills are going to be a tough team — that's what the Bills said with this draft. They didn't get the best player at any position, but you can see a clear identity with all of Buffalo's picks.
Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports

Chris Burke-Sports Illustrated

Buffalo Bills: A–

The rumor mill headed into draft weekend had Buffalo GM Doug Whaley likely to be fired in the coming days. Whoever ended up calling the shots (coach Sean McDermott ran point, no doubt) made things happen. The Bills traded down from 10 to 27 in Round 1, adding a third-rounder (No. 91) and a 2018 first-round pick. They took talented CB Tre’Davious White at 27, then used No. 91 as part of a trade up for WR Zay Jones. The former is an outstanding coverage corner—not to the level of Marshon Lattimore, who was available at 10, but starter-caliber. Jones essentially replaces Robert Woods, and he could be a good one.

Day 3 picks of note beyond that: G/T Dion Dawkins, who will have a chance to win a job in camp; and QB Nathan Peterman, who slid into Round 5 but could be groomed as a possible Tyrod Taylor replacement down the line.​ McDermott will love LB Matt Milano (No. 163)—he’s a throwback-type linebacker.

NFL draft analyst Chad Reuter gives Buffalo and Houston both an overall grade of "A" for this draft!! Miami and Pittsburgh are tied for third, with an overall grade of "A-".

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000804541/article/2017-nfl-draft-quicksnap-grades-for-all-32-teams

bills_logo.jpg

Buffalo Bills

ESPN also rated us the best, according to a user on reddit, but he did not link the article.

Yay!!!!!! We win the off-season! [Ok, just kidding, but I am beginning to like this new Bills team.]

OK Let's be honest

32 teams x 3 day = 96 grades

10 C's handed out 2 for Bears

0 D's

0 F's

It's not like grading a draft is actually serious. Everyone gets a participation trophy and a pat on the head and at worst, well I wouldn't have done that.

OK Let's be honest

0 D's

0 F's

It's not like grading a draft is actually serious. Everyone gets a participation trophy and a pat on the head and at worst, well I wouldn't have done that.

Reminds of my sophomore year in college when my favorite professor retired. He gave everyone an A!!

It's like Mayock on draft day. For 3 months he is concerned about the negatives... on draft day he loves every pick.

The off season paper trophy is all but a lock now. Loved the retro pick of a first round cornerback. Feels like old times.

How do you grade a draft before the players even walk off the NFL bus? But, the team desperate to simply plug holes of players lost in FA in the early rounds. Did hopefully do just that. There was no chance OBD had the luxury of possibly drafting an elite talent at 10. The type of player that could move the team up the AFCE Win/loss column.

The assets lost in FA were replaced with what looks like competent picks. Sincere thanks to coach McDermott who eventually will get the team past treading water.

I understand the mixed feelings among the community here, but its becoming clearer to me that this is going to be a no BS winning-only culture. The process of change from that which was deeply rooted [losing] is not often a pretty one at first. This draft and offseason a decisive and purposeful feel to it. The coach seems to be setting a tone. I personally am looking forward to seeing how they respond on the field ...win or lose. I think we are going to play smash mouth run first..ball control better than many think. This will be vastly different from Rex's garbage product. If we are one or 2 key players away at seasons end, we are positioned with 2 #1s. I like it so far under McD and it looks like FO changes coming as well...

Go Bills!

if they pan out all hail McDermott if they flop it's Whaleys fault

Pretty much.

I really thought that McDermott was running the show, but those trade ups in the 2nd round implied Whaley was still somewhat in control. I can't imagine na first year headcoach would be making trades like that. he would just stay put and draft who falls to him. That is just an assumption on my part, but I just find it hard to see a first year head coach making those trades in the 2nd round. Those trades screamed Whaley as well

OK Let's be honest

0 D's

0 F's

I need to put my Kids in those classes

bills_logo.jpg

Buffalo Bills

Peterman will end up being our starter at QB which pushes this draft up even higher.

But apparently we are firing the people who put this draft together

But keeping the guy who was smart enough to make these picks.

What more could we as fans want or expect?

They filled every need got 3 day one starters minimum and pocketed a 1st for 2018.

This is/was a grand slam dunk:)

2x off-season champions baby!

The difference is we have a real coach now, not some slobbering jowled blow hard.

Doug is good at bringing some good starters as FAs . I don't want him fired fwiw

I am in this camp as well. We obviously don't know everything that has gone on behind the scenes,, but I do believe he has done a great job evaluating FA's and finding contributions hidden on other teams depth charts.

Pretty much.

I really thought that McDermott was running the show, but those trade ups in the 2nd round implied Whaley was still somewhat in control. I can't imagine na first year headcoach would be making trades like that. he would just stay put and draft who falls to him. That is just an assumption on my part, but I just find it hard to see a first year head coach making those trades in the 2nd round. Those trades screamed Whaley as well

So you think it could never occur to a first year coach" to make moves in the draft? It would have to have been suggested to him by a GM? Or the GM just grabbed the phone from him ("here, GIVE ME THAT!").

That makes little sense.

Only time will tell if Mahomes was worth the #10 pick or Watson at #12

Depends, do we get a top QB next year? If he ends up having a better career than Mahomes or Watson we still have a better grade in my opinion.

But apparently we are firing the people who put this draft together

It's been pretty clear that McDermott was running this draft for a while even prior.

If it turns out a bust, we maybe told to blame Whaley but it's McDermott's for good or ill.

Edited by BobChalmers