Chad Kelly: drafted by Denver

HOUSE

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! Just disappointed we didn't take a shot on him. Thought that he was a really good QB for us.

No.. That was his uncle Jim.

Elway just admitted essentially he did Jim a Favor.

Said he called Jim about Chad

Could have guessed that.

Thank god that bad dream (nightmare) is over.

Edited by PolishDave

Mr irrelevant

LOL

Meh. I'll admit I was wrong...by one pick.

Me too!

He'll be ir'd this year. Elway through Jim a bone, but I'm happy for him. Good spot for him too

Nice of Elway. But this is a good decision if he thinks he has a coach who can get through to Chad. Chad needs to do a U-turn. Time to sober up or you're gonna waste that talent.

When footage surfaces of him walking into a Denver pot shop, we may have another shot at him.

The mile High city indeed. I can think of 420 reasons why Chad shouldn't be in the state of Colorado

Yup. Pot's legal there. It's going to show whether he has gotten smarter. He has one year to show it.

Yeah it doesn't make sense that he's got 2 young QBs that he'd pick a third. And to use the last pick too. It might be that him being 7th round covers Chad's medical bills? And obviously Chad is going to need professional trainers to rehab his hand after that wrist surgery.

I hope Chad uses this label as fuel to change and become a man. He has promising talent. He has field vision. He can hit anywhere on the field accurately. Heck he's a better QB than Peterman. His lack of maturity cost him in this draft. This just might be the best thing for him. A humbling experience.

Wouldn't you call him if you were GM and knew Kelly? Not exactly a favor . It's a zero risk move in the seventh round and means you don't have to compete with others for a guy as an UFA. Smart move . Might as well take a QB with talent that could turn into an asset than waste a pick on the 15th best RB or something .

I hope Chad uses this label as fuel to change and become a man. He has promising talent. He has field vision. He can hit anywhere on the field accurately. Heck he's a better QB than Peterman. His lack of maturity cost him in this draft. This just might be the best thing for him. A humbling experience.

I feel like he's had several adversity moments and has yet to rise to the challenge. No idea what makes you think this would turn him around.

I think this is the best course of action for all parties. If we must revisit it in the future, at least let it be preseason. Some of us need a break :D

He isn't a Bill...threads on him can stop now. And please kill all the Mahomes nonsense threads. He is getting the Tebow treatment here...constant threads being started about a guy who was never going to be a Bill, even after he officially was not a Bill.

It's a perfect story of human redemption. Stories sell. Kelly will be the only thing that can get fans interested. McDermott is a boring speaker. I expect a boring draft. This is needed.

Ok, here is the bet. If Kelly is drafted or signed by Buffalo as FA I win and you lose.

Winner gets to choose avatar for the loser for 1 month.

So, about this.

Elway didn't do him (or his uncle) any favors. Chad would've been in a much better spot as a UDFA where he could pick his destination. Making his nephew the last pick in the entire draft actually is kind of a "FU" to Jimbo.

HOW?

Pretty sure uncle Jimbo called in a favor from Elway just to get the kid drafted.

Breaking news from Denver...

Chad Kelly involved in altercation with John Elway.

Apparently one of the wrinkles on John's face was a little crooked.

Chad took that as a sign of disrespect towards him or some other member of his family.

Chad made a fist and some kind of weird grunting noise, then started chanting "Come at me bro.....come at me BRO!"

A somewhat stunned Elway immediately knocked him out with a right hook.

Due to a broken jaw/face, Kelly expects to be released from the team prior to training camp.

Edited by PolishDave

Never heard of a whiskey factory.

I work in a factory that bottles whiskey

Elway didn't do him (or his uncle) any favors. Chad would've been in a much better spot as a UDFA where he could pick his destination. Making his nephew the last pick in the entire draft actually is kind of a "FU" to Jimbo.

Did you pull anything reaching for this take?

I mentioned this in another thread, but I doubt Jim did this without Chad's consent.

Chad took that as a sign of disrespect towards him or some other member of his family.

Chad made a fist and some kind of weird grunting noise, then started chanting "Come at me bro.....come at me BRO!"

Due to a broken jaw/face, Kelly expects to be released from the team prior to training camp.

it could happen

Is this real?