Chad Kelly: drafted by Denver

HOUSE

Unless you count the picture of him rolling the blunt with his knee in the brace.

Yeah, I guess that's a thing...

and the AK-47

But, this was in Mississippi. If you ask someone from Mississippi if they're carrying a gun, they'll answer, "I've got my pants on, don't I?"

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I guess that's a thing...

But, this was in Mississippi. If you ask someone from Mississippi if they're carrying a gun, they'll answer, "I've got my pants on, don't I?"

no it was in Buffalo

To be fair he told the bouncers at Encore he was going to go to his car and get his AK-47 and shoot up the place but he didn't actually do it so... credit where credit's due.

no it was in Buffalo

To be fair he told the bouncers at Encore he was going to go to his car and get his AK-47 and shoot up the place but he didn't actually do it so... credit where credit's due.

See? He showed restraint! Sign him up and give him a football!

Major off-field issues, no combine and can't work out for teams? Highly doubt he gets drafted.

Sign him as an undrafted free agent...otherwise there's more pressing needs with only 6 draft picks to fill them, to spend one on Chad Kelly.

(Just think it's a terrible idea to put him in that situation, wearing "Kelly" on a Bills jersey and playing in his hometown...if he fails, he would be hated and laughed at like Manuel, Edwards, Losman, etc.)

Go Crusaders! :)

Indeed. Class of 95.

To respond to the post, if you can't even go to a bar without being challenged to a fight it's because you're acting like an !@#$ in the bar. Inability to recognize that one is acting like an !@#$ in a bar is the calling card of !@#$s in bars.

Remember when Jim Kelly had a "Johnny Football Track Record?" Quite the wild child, he settled down. People seem to forget, but there wasn't cameras stuffed in everybody's face back then. Can he teach his nephew to behave?

Yeah, but this is no longer 1983 and the cameras aren't going away. If Jim Kelly played now and acted the way he did then he would flame out tremendously as would many athletes from that, and previous eras. Mickey Mantle, for example, wouldn't be the folk hero he is if he played today. He'd be Josh Hamilton.

Worth mentioning his character issues. And his injuries

Also probably worth looking at his QB play and skills to round out the overall picture. This is a deep, in-depth look at Kelly's tape with Sigmund Bloom and Matt Waldman look at a ton of his tape in this hour-long tape evaluation.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2017/04/12/rsp-film-room-no-107-qb-chad-kelly-ole-miss/

EDIT: Ah, I see Jeff already posted this. Waldman is really smart, IMHO, and this is a very impressive bunch of video and it's against Alabama mostly and some from Georgia. You see him operating against serious pressure and it's really impressive.

Edited by Thurman#1