Chad Kelly: drafted by Denver

HOUSE

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when Jim Kelly had a "Johnny Football Track Record?" Quite the wild child, he settled down. People seem to forget, but there wasn't cameras stuffed in everybody's face back then. Can he teach his nephew to behave?

He hasn't taught him yet. In fact he couldn't teach Michael Vick either with his failed business. Jim might have been a good QB but not much more can be said about him that matters to me as a Buffalo Bills fan.

Remember when Jim Kelly had a "Johnny Football Track Record?" Quite the wild child, he settled down. People seem to forget, but there wasn't cameras stuffed in everybody's face back then. Can he teach his nephew to behave?

As far as we know Jim Kelly showed up Sundays ready and able to play at the highest level. Johnny Football not so much.

I am sure many have guns without pants on.

There's always nature's holster.

I think he is neither day 2 pick nor undrafted; I think he gets drafted 3rd day as project so there is a third half.

Because it is better than talking about baseball.

I'd rather talk minor league baseball than discuss the Affluenza QB.

Yeah, it blows my mind that anyone takes anything being said at draft time in the media as gospel. Polian doing a favor for the Kelly family. Just like he did for all of his sons friends when he got them jobs in the NFL. Just like Adam Schefter did when he talked up Doug Marrone because they share an agent.

Of course, Polian thought Curtis Painter and Jim Sgori were NFL qbs so maybe he is that bad at recognizing qb prospects.

Curtis Painter in the 6th isn't a bad pick. And it was Chris Polian running the draft by that time, not Bill.

Sorgi was also a round 6 guy. You can't blame a GM when a 6th doesn't work out. It's what generally happens.

@salsports

When asked about QB prospects on @WGR550, Sean McDermott says one of first things they consider is character, kind of person off the field.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they don't pick him for that reason. And I'm generally in favor of making character a factor.

But the potential reward on Kelly is so high down the road that I wouldn't mind them using a 5th or so on him and giving him an ultimatum about behaving himself. Make him understand he's going to sit for a while, and that they don't feel forced to keep him at all when they've only spent a 5th on him.

I wasn't thinking that way till I saw the Waldman piece. But the reward here is so potentially large, and a 5th is a pretty small risk.

i predict he gets drafted in the 4th. if we stay at 10 and pick whoever, i think the best course of action would be to trade down in the 2nd.

pick up a 4th and a 7th. assuming we go defense at 10, that late second should still get us wr zay jones who i think would be a perfect compliment to sammy.

he can play inside or out helping to nullify the absence of robert woods but can still take the top off outside, not to mention being paired with his receivers coach.

i would spend that 4th on kelly and then package a 5th and 7th to move back into the 4th for bpa.

@salsports

When asked about QB prospects on @WGR550, Sean McDermott says one of first things they consider is character, kind of person off the field.

Smokescreen. He can't wait to draft Ghetto Chad.

Ghetto Chad in the first round. It's a lock.

Here's a film breakdown that I mostly agreed with from someone named Voch Lombardi, who has an entertaining style to breaking down film. I have no idea what his credentials are but he has alot of material out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtvvz5bj93Q

Top takeaways: NFL BigBoy throws with anticipation, hanging in the pocket to deliver accurate throws in the face of imminent hit--"hero throws," can "scoot" and shows excellent ball placement, especially on fade routes. He criticized him for "high" throws at times but that's akin to criticizing an above the rim pass for an alley oop dunk. It's where it needs to be to beat the defenders.

Here's a film breakdown that I mostly agreed with from someone named Voch Lombardi, who has an entertaining style to breaking down film. I have no idea what his credentials are but he has alot of material out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtvvz5bj93Q

Top takeaways: NFL BigBoy throws with anticipation, hanging in the pocket to deliver accurate throws in the face of imminent hit--"hero throws," can "scoot" and shows excellent ball placement, especially on fade routes. He criticized him for "high" throws at times but that's akin to criticizing an above the rim pass for an alley oop dunk. It's where it needs to be to beat the defenders.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think people are fooling themselves. Even scouts and analysts with no ties to the Bills.

He's a Kelly and people want to believe in him.

Bo Wallace looked good in that Freeze/Werner offebse, too. Just sayin.

Did you watch the video? This was mostly a constructive challenge to BarleyNY who wanted an adult debate to his points. If he still was looking for one.

Did you watch the video? This was mostly a constructive challenge to BarleyNY who wanted an adult debate to his points. If he still was looking for one.

I've watched plenty of Chad Kelly and don't see what others are seeing. His ball placement is often bad. His footwork is sloppy. He's mostly making simple half field reads in that offense. I rarely see him even try to manipulate the safeties. He makes dangerous decisions that'll result in turnovers in the NFL. He's got discipline issues and I don't know how he's going to improve his game at the pro level, if he's not focused.

There seems to be a very good chance that he fails hard on his first team. Who knows what happens after that. Maybe the Bills pick him up on the rebound. I know that's premature, but we see this type of risky player every year. They rarely succeed.

Disregarding the fact that he's Kelly's nephew, why else would we want this kid? Late in the draft, I want the Bills looking for high upside prospects that won't cause drama on the team or with the media/fans.

I've watched plenty of Chad Kelly and don't see what others are seeing. His ball placement is often bad. His footwork is sloppy. He's mostly making simple half field reads in that offense. I rarely see him even try to manipulate the safeties. He makes dangerous decisions that'll result in turnovers in the NFL. He's got discipline issues and I don't know how he's going to improve his game at the pro level, if he's not focused.

There seems to be a very good chance that he fails hard on his first team. Who knows what happens after that. Maybe the Bills pick him up on the rebound. I know that's premature, but we see this type of risky player every year. They rarely succeed.

Disregarding the fact that he's Kelly's nephew, why else would we want this kid? Late in the draft, I want the Bills looking for high upside prospects that won't cause drama on the team or with the media/fans.

why would he cause drama ? other than the brother incident, which was much a do about nothing, he has stayed out of trouble for the past two yrs.

why would he cause drama ? other than the brother incident, which was much a do about nothing, he has stayed out of trouble for the past two yrs.

Dude, it's a less talented Kelly QB coming to Buffalo. Drama will follow in one form or another, guaranteed. It hurts my soul to even think about the extra drivel I'll have to actively avoid reading, if he's on the team.