Chad Kelly: drafted by Denver

HOUSE

Ok I am not for censorship at all... but can we close this thread. Chad Kelly is not coming here. The Bills are trying to prop him up as a favor to Jim Kelly. The Bills are not drafting him....case closed. The pressure on him would be to great and he is a jerk (that is 2 strikes)

The Bills want to prop him up so maybe the someone will take him and waste a pick or better yet, bait someone to trade up for him with Bills Pick in the 5th round (strike 3... not coming here)... But really is it clear to me he is going to Cleveland in the 6th.

well, so that means you won't be buying a kelly jersey this season?......enjoy watching the cleveland picks this year...and enjoy when kelly takes the reigns next year.. :nana:

Edited by billsredneck1

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signing Chad makes sense but only as an UDFA. Kid has probably been entitled his entire life getting his way and being spoiled. He would have to come in and prove himself both on and off the field. It also would not prevent us from drafting another QB in 2018 if things fall apart. I would bring him in say he has 1 shot and if he screws up he is gone. Kid is talented but also appears to be immature and a problem child so clear boundaries would need to be set.

Signing Chad makes sense but only as an UDFA. Kid has probably been entitled his entire life getting his way and being spoiled. He would have to come in and prove himself both on and off the field. It also would not prevent us from drafting another QB in 2018 if things fall apart. I would bring him in say he has 1 shot and if he screws up he is gone. Kid is talented but also appears to be immature and a problem child so clear boundaries would need to be set.

If you let Ghetto Chad into your neighborhood, pretty soon the whole neighborhood will turn into a ghetto.

Save the team. Save your sanity. Don't touch this kid unless you are using a baseball bat to knock some sense and humility into him.

The bottom line is that Chad Kelly is a very talented QB w/ some baggage.

B. Polian has stated that he is the MOST TALENTED QB is this year's draft. That's a wow statement if there ever was one.

He also happens to be Jim Kelly's nephew.

Even with T. Taylor in the fold the Bills could still stand to acquire a franchise QB.

The question is, do the Bills take a chance on Kelly, and if so, in what round??

I happen to think that P. Mahomes is the best QB in this draft and will prove it in future years. Thus, I recommend that they draft him if possible. He will likely be drafted anywhere from mid R1 to early R2.

If they can't get Mahomes (by either trading down in R1 or keeping their R1 pick and trading back into R1), then I suggest they take a long look at Kelly, who will likely be drafted anywhere from early R4 to late R6, mostly because of his baggage, not his talent.

I think Bill Polian was just doing his good friend Jim Kelly a favor, Chad will maybe end up in the CFL. Could you fools stop embrassing yourself with this garbage talk,.

Kelly will be drafted. It's ridiculous to say that he won't be drafted.

Some team will definitely take a chance on him because:

1. He's just too talented.

2. He's had excellent production against top flight talent.

3. He's got good size at 6'-2" and 215 lbs.

4. He's got a big-time arm and he's mobile.

5. He's got the Kelly pedigree.

I project that he'll be selected in R4 or R5.

If the Bills can get him in R5 it would be a huge

Too short and not good enough, please stop embrassing yourself with comparisons to any great QB'S.

There is no harm in taking him in the 5th. Anytime before that is too high and after that it's no sure thing he'll slip further. As a 5th rounder, there won't be high expectations and little is invested in terms of the pick or money.

There is no harm in taking him in the 5th. Anytime before that is too high and after that it's no sure thing he'll slip further. As a 5th rounder, there won't be high expectations and little is invested in terms of the pick or money.

UDFA sounds better

I have a very hard time believing that any team, including the Bills, is going to draft a QB prospect that not only has the off-field issues that CK has had, but has also had two ACL replacements, recent hernia surgery, and most recently surgery to an injured throwing hand that will keep him from even throwing a football until late July at the earliest.

That being said, I hope we sign him as a UDFA, and stick him on the practice squad. Nothing to lose.

I have a very hard time believing that any team, including the Bills, is going to draft a QB prospect that not only has the off-field issues that CK has had, but has also had two ACL replacements, recent hernia surgery, and most recently surgery to an injured throwing hand that will keep him from even throwing a football until late July at the earliest.

That being said, I hope we sign him as a UDFA, and stick him on the practice squad. Nothing to lose.

give him a shot and let him flail away.

he will either get it or not, very quickly. I personally no longer think he will amount to anything due to injuries more than attiude

If you think Chad Kelly will somehow drop to the 5 round then you are sadly mistaking.

Quarterback are on every teams radar. Some team will take the gamble and suck him up by the end of round 3

Sure he made a few mistakes but these are young men. Lots of players get in trouble but the team protects them and it goes unreported.

If you really, really like him then the Bills better outsmart a few NFL teams.

Me, I grab him in the 3rd and never look back....I believe he is a 1st rounder that lost his way. I can live with a 3rd round mistake

Could be the steal of the draft even in the 3rd

Let's not talk about the guy

Sure take him in the 7th if we happen to find an extra pick.