E.J. Manuel - is he still a Bill?

San-O

I wish EJ well. He's a great kid. But he just struggled too much as a QB. I was never really on the EJ train, as much as I wanted to be. I just didn't see a NFL QB when I watched him play. He struggled with too many of the most important traits you need from your QB.

I will be interested to see what type of offers he receives from other NFL teams. I know he won't be starting anywhere, but I'll be curious to see if anyone even offers him a backup role. I'd imagine some team will maybe bring him in as a 3rd string QB or at least offer him a tryout. I hope he's able to carve out a career as a successful backup though. I like him as a person and want to see him have success. I'll never forget how excited he got when he came into that game and drew the defense offsides with that hard count. It made me feel like he truly wanted to help the Bills win in any way possible and I respected him for that.

I sure won't miss the fighting over whether EJ should be the starter or not though... lol. Speaking of which, did anyone besides me ever notice that the people who were the strongest and most vocal EJ supporters also seem to be the most vocal Tyrod haters? At least that's the way it was on the old Buffalo Bills message board... Maybe it's different here.

I can't stress how disturbing it is for Doug Whaley to have a huge hand in drafting him in the 1st Round, use 2 1sts and a 4th on a WR with EJ as a starter, push him onto two separate coaching staffs causing huge friction, and then declared EJ an elite backup when all else failed. EJ is simply a low end backup/#3 emergency QB at best. I wish EJ luck, maybe he can back up Vince Young in Saskatchewan.

Other than run, what does Tyrod Taylor do better than EJ Manuel does, as an NFL QB?

In addition to running better, he throws better than EJ as well.

Oh, and if you were actually serious...moves the offense better, scores more points, protects the ball better, throws on the run better, wins more.

EJ does have a great hard count though.

Edited by b2henning

In addition to running better, he throws better than EJ as well.

Oh, and if you were actually serious...moves the offense better, scores more points, protects the ball better, throws on the run better, wins more.

EJ does have a great hard count though.

I think Gugny was fishing, as he often does. Your response is, however, 100% accurate