Vlad Ducasse

I really hope they aren't looking to have him start at RT

Signs point to that. We already have John Miller, Eric Wood & Incognito. Ryan Groy is the backup swing interior OL. So why sign Vlad Ducasse, you wouldn't even be able to dress him on Sunday's if the 4 guys I mentioned before him are on the roster. So barring an unforseen release of one of those players, it looks like Ducasse is destined for RT or backup swing tackle. Don't think he's a good player, s I'm interested to see where the #'s come in on this contract. 3 years indicates they like him and has me thinking he might be our starting RT.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter if the guys that you've lost do not sign any where

True, but many of ours will and for decent contracts. Bc we have so many roster spots to fill, it was unlikley we'd be able to stay far on the net loss side anyway. And that's ok. But I hope that we can stabalize and start working the comp picks like the Pats and Ravens do.

another comp pick gone????

we have 22 UFA and have released another 10 or so.......we need these depth players more then a freakin 6th round comp pick next year.....i love draft picks as much as the next guy but cmon......how bout a GM that actually works the draft board in more ways then just moving up and I dont wanna hear that you need a trade partner......every year bellicheck finds 10 of em and constantly stock piles for the next year.....signing depth Free agents is NOT the problem

Belichick can stockpile picks because he values compensatory picks instead of throwing them away on a 30-year-old backup lineman. If you're going to risk losing picks for depth, at least do it at a position of need.

Signs point to that. We already have John Miller, Eric Wood & Incognito. Ryan Groy is the backup swing interior OL. So why sign Vlad Ducasse, you wouldn't even be able to dress him on Sunday's if the 4 guys I mentioned before him are on the roster. So barring an unforseen release of one of those players, it looks like Ducasse is destined for RT or backup swing tackle. Don't think he's a good player, s I'm interested to see where the #'s come in on this contract. 3 years indicates they like him and has me thinking he might be our starting RT.

CK SH and our illustrious JM.

vs Ducasse

hmm

And the sap is running fast right now

tis.

Jason La Canfora‏Verified account @JasonLaCanfora 3m3 minutes ago

More

Ravens are losing another free agent - guard Vlad Ducasse has a 3 year agreement with the Bills

Hopefully it's another incorrect LaCanfora rumor?

I am still pissed at not keeping Felton. He crushed players. Then i say to self, Juice looks really good though after review. I am On board to bring him in!!

But we get this guy from the Falcons?

Whales is out to lunch sometimes.

who the heck is Vlad the Impaler anyways?

My Grandson was going to named Vlad.

But we named him Ivan. true story

Google him. Real life Dracula

this zone blocking had best be the new rage!

As long as Ritchie still get to pull and get downfield i do not care what they run. I love pancakes with real Maple syrup

Hopefully it doesnt become a problem like going 3-4 from 4-3.

Google him. Real life Dracula

I read much about his history and about the national conflicts of the period many years ago.

i am wondering how The Ducasse found reason to name him such

Hopefully it doesnt become a problem like going 3-4 from 4-3.

Bills should be fluent at it after 2 decades of flopping from one to the other and back again :cry:

Also, according to over the cap, only compensatory FAs of the same "tier" cancel each other out.

From my understanding it's straight volume for eligibility and then you cancel by tier once you are eligible for picks

Could mean Wood might be a cap casualty. He was replaced nicely at center last year when he got hurt......

not sure this particular signing will impact Wood. He played LT in college, I think the Bills will have him compete for RT spot and can be OG depth.

Start the day hot on Juice and Wagner. End the day with DiMarco and Ducasse. #Bills

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't see why free agency should be any less disappointing than the regular season.

Another comp pick gone.

We have to sign players. We have the most FA's out of any team. Can't worry about f***ing comp picks when you have to fill out your roster. Edited by H2o

Not all players count against comps though.

Do you expect us to nitpick from released players only and fill out the rest of the roster with UDFA's? Give me a break. He might not even make the roster anyway.

I can't believe people are worried about comp picks.

During the regular season, if Sammy decides to throw the ball into the stands after every TD, I'll expect half of you to worry that we'll run out of footballs.

People are funny pissing and moaning about comp picks. Does it really f***ing matter THAT much? Do you think the people in ANY NFL FO are sitting there wondering if they are gonna lose comp picks trying to better their roster? If these players equal a better roster than we had last year from top to bottom then f**k a comp pick in 2018.

Was a RT in college. Played RT at Jets before Ravens

Was a horrible OG for Ravens. I bet he gets the shot to lock down the RT spot.

I can expect this to NOT be a big contract.

Edited by MAJBobby

I guess you all want a comp pick so bad you want to go onto the year without a full roster or a roster full of UDFAs. We have a ton of spots to fill with only 6 draft picks. We are gonna need to sign a lot of roster filling free agents.

I can't believe people are worried about comp picks.

During the regular season, if Sammy decides to throw the ball into the stands after every TD, I'll expect half of you to worry that we'll run out of footballs.

Yeah the PATs only get a ton of comp picks regularly......what do those loser know.

Yeah the PATs only get a ton of comp picks regularly......what do those loser know.

This just in, the Pats don't win lots of games every year due to all their comp picks. They have this guy Brady and a coach named Belichick . You might have heard of them.

Extra compensation picks is a byproduct of teams who draft and develop well. Its because they are able to develop the kind of depth in positions that they can let players go in free agency and get the picks, not because they intentionally plan on losing players just to gain picks.