Gilmore needs to go

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there's definitely not a chance that our 3rd string S screwed up.

Doesn't matter. In fact, I'm sure the safety did screw up. None of that changes the fact that Gilmore can't tackle, struggles in coverage, and points fingers of blame BEFORE the play is over.

I was one of the only guys calling out Meeks in the game thread but it seemed so obvious the TD was on Meeks. Still, doesn't excuse Gilmore's attitude. He probably could have tried a little harder to make a play before calling out Meeks.

Sure the attitude sucks, but he's 5+ yards behind the guy because he shouldn't have been covering that WR to begin with. I'm sure the attitude is just pure frustration. When Williams is in there you don't ever see him lose his cool like that. As a DB, you need to be able to trust your help and its obvious he can't trust anyone but Williams and Graham.

Funny how that guy you hated on is making big time plays with a qb who can throw the ball.

Exactly. And sure, I guess Gilmore should have had safety help. But if "one of the best cover corners in the league" can get flat-out beat deep by "just a guy" Hogan, well, I think maybe some people have made mistakes in player evaluation ...

Hard to say on the touchdown whose fault it was but Gilmore seems to always be out of position his only int. came in zone coverage I think he should of taken the money when it was first offered now he's going to have to take a huge pay cut or get out of town I'm leaning towards toward the latter

Exactly. And sure, I guess Gilmore should have had safety help. But if "one of the best cover corners in the league" can get flat-out beat deep by "just a guy" Hogan, well, I think maybe some people have made mistakes in player evaluation ...

Not sure if this is directed at me but do you think that a Chris Hogan is more than "just a guy?" He was in the 90's last year in catches and yards. He is currently 136 in catches and 70 in yards. Maybe we define "just a guy" differently? Edited by Kirby Jackson

I don't see a player that sucks in Gilmore. It's worse than that, much worse. I see a player that has given up and is just biding his time till he can get off this miserable team and go elsewhere and be a star like so many others have done in the past.

I don't see a player that sucks in Gilmore. It's worse than that, much worse. I see a player that has given up and is just biding his time till he can get off this miserable team and go elsewhere and be a star like so many others have done in the past.

I'd like to see that list of players who've left Buffalo and went on to star with other teams. After Peters, it's not much of a list as I recall.

I don't want Gilmore on my team.

He can't locate the football

He has poor ball skills

He can't tackle (someone needs to teach him low man wins, can't tackle someone at the neck)

He's a defensive holding penalty waiting to happen

He takes no responsibility for his own poor play

Just look at that picture posted of him blaming his teammates before Hogan has even crossed the goal line. That's an embarrassment and deserves a benching.

I will gladly take the 3rd or 4th round comp pick for him to walk. I wouldn't want him for $4M a year, to be honest.

A few close observers of the game agree with this. Contract year and he is in preservation mode. Been playing that way since the opener vs. Baltimore.

Big Mario Williams fan, but i am like is he reading from the same book of Mario where he needs to observe self preservation for payday?

Come on BANDIT...put the x's and o's and some stats.

Gilmore is a top 5!

Hey Curitiba.

Just got the kids to bed, so forgive my lateness

As always I'm going to call it like I see it...Gilmore was awful today.

His 2nd awful game of the season.

My problem with him this year has been the inconsistency, because he's been excellent in 3 games as well. I mean, he hadn't allowed a TD this season until today.

More worrisome than Gilmore's play today is that the whole defense cannot get on the same page for more than a series or two.

As to Gilmore himself, games like this put him closer to playing his way into UFA.

not happy with his play. There is nothing sound about his game. He's a solid corner but that is it. 10.5 Mil? take that offer off the table, right now.

Shoooooot if he were only asking 10.5 maybe. But he wants elite money... ELITE!!!!

It has been obvious all season that Gilmore is not work the money he wants. The Bills don't the money anyway. But lets be honest, the entire defense has been shaky most games this season.

We can build on the front 7 the back four... we have our work cut out... WE NEED DONNIE HENDERSON Back evidently.

Sure the attitude sucks, but he's 5+ yards behind the guy because he shouldn't have been covering that WR to begin with. I'm sure the attitude is just pure frustration. When Williams is in there you don't ever see him lose his cool like that. As a DB, you need to be able to trust your help and its obvious he can't trust anyone but Williams and Graham.

Honestly i think that was man... he committed off the block. And lost. He was supposed to be man. Ans AT WORST he should have been hauling it to the goal line in persuit! You dont pull up at the 10 and start looking for someone to blame.

I think his contract is playing a huge role in his on field play whether he admits it or not. Looks like he is playing not to get hurt and it is hurting the team. Not sure why the coverage in general has been so poor this year and not just Gilmore.

Edited by billieve420

I can't decide between this game and the Jets game. Hogan doing it made it worse

This game is worse. At least in the Jets game Gillmore was getting beat by legit NFL WR's. Here, he's getting toasted by a #3 WR. He's awful.

I think his contract is playing a huge role in his on field play whether he admits it or not. Looks like he is playing not to get hurt and it is hurting the team. Not sure why the coverage in general has been so poor this year and not just Gilmore.

Rex should bench his a**. Rex should have benched him after the Hogan TD where he started blaming other players before Hogan even scored.