Colin Kaepernick might very well be available this offseason

The Big Cat

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe those big ass headphones he wears turned his already feeble mind to complete mush.

Kaepernick chokes more often than Fitzpatrick. He would throw as many picks as Fitz except the passes are so bad even the defense can't catch em'.

His athletic legs make him just exciting enough for him to keep a friggin job. Dude sucks long term. He will be a backup qb in 2 years.

No thanks. 10x rather play EJ than that schmuck.

Maybe those big ass headphones he wears turned his already feeble mind to complete mush.

Kaepernick chokes more often than Fitzpatrick. He would throw as many picks as Fitz except the passes are so bad even the defense can't catch em'.

His athletic legs make him just exciting enough for him to keep a friggin job. Dude sucks long term. He will be a backup qb in 2 years.

No thanks. 10x rather play EJ than that schmuck.

He throws it too hard for any defender to catch them. He can only throw one way. He thinks "touch" is just a function on an apple device.

According to Peter King's gut, fwiw.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/02/rams-st-louis-police-ferguson-nfl-week-13-mailbag/

It's the last mailbag segment. But watch anyway, the first one is about what a great job Marrone has done, and I'm sure many here would agree!

As for Kaepernick, if he becomes available, I would LOVE to see him in a Bills uniform. Get him out of the pocket and let him do his thing. His down year is an aberration directly correlated to the push for him to be a more stationary QB.

I guess my biggest question from what is bolded above is this: Who pushed for Kaep to be a stationary QB? Could it be the OC the Buffalo Bills just hired?

They were trying to do the same thing to him that Marrone was trying to do to EJ & we see in both instances how well that worked !!

I hope if Roman uses EJ he studies some of Gailey's tape on how to make use of a players strengths & not change them into something they are not !

Fitz now has his fortune thanks to Chan & he made him a viable QB for a while ...

• 4 months later...

New semi-rumour about CK being available for trade. This author speculates that most likely landing spots are Jets, Eagles and Bears. Lot of conjecture all around so take it FWIW. And for the record - I used to be a fan of Kaepernick but not any more because of serious doubts I have about his maturity and accuracy

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-3-potential-landing-spots-for-colin-kaepernick.html/?ref=YF

Previous discussion on this subject is in this thread ( I started a new thread as the previous discussion was kinda 'old')

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/176728-colin-kaepernick-on-trading-block/

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Kaep is a good athlete and was one PI call from being a SB winning QB just a couple years ago. He can succeed in the right system, but he's never been your traditional style of QB. I hope his work with Kurt Warner really did some good in refining his game. He's still a decent QB, but until he gets his consistency issues under wraps he will never be upper echelon. He also has a bad habit of slinging every pass as hard as he can versus taking a little off when needed. It's all on him now.

Considering our QB situation, I'd hope that Buffalo would be trying to acquire him if he were available. Just need a QB to make this team into a real force. His recent issues aside, he would immediately become our starter.

Edit: I'd give up a 3rd or 2nd that can become a first depending on whether Bills make playoffs.

Edited by fallen627

Last year they dumbed down the offense for him considerably and he was missing wide open reads (sound familiar?). I'm not sure what happened to him but it appears to be mental.

Good thing we got an OC who won't do that.

I have more interest in Jenny from the Block then Kaep being on the block

I have more interestin in New Kids On The Block then Kaep being on the block.

I have more interest in Ryan Fitzpatrick or Matt Cassel or any QB we have right now then Kaep being on the block.

I just don't see him as a legit NFL player to make it another 5 or 6 years, not with that contract especially.

I have more interest in Jenny from the Block then Kaep being on the block

I have more interestin in New Kids On The Block then Kaep being on the block.

I have more interest in Ryan Fitzpatrick or Matt Cassel or any QB we have right now then Kaep being on the block.

I just don't see him as a legit NFL player to make it another 5 or 6 years, not with that contract especially.

His contact is super team friendly. Each year you can cut him with 0 guaranteed money. Yeah, you're paying him a lot but you can get out of it.

I don't see us trading for him though. Even to get one season it's a nineteen million cap hit.

But, for a team with lots of cap room this season and no QB, there's really no reason not to take a shot trading for him.

Edited by BlueFire

His contact is super team friendly. Each year you can cut him with 0 guaranteed money. Yeah, you're paying him a lot but you can get out of it.

I don't see us trading for him though. Even to get one season it's a nineteen million cap hit.

But, for a team with lots of cap room this season and no QB, there's really no reason not to take a shot trading for him.

That is the question so to speak. What team really needs him? The Jets? Maybe Chip Kelly would want him in Philly? Houston? That's all the teams I can think of.

So we acquire him to get out of it? We trade for him, kick the tires and realize he is not the answer after a year or two in which we continue to neglect the QB position, especially winning just enough games that we can't be high enough to get the right QB and lock our salary up for him and investment to him to avoid trading for another QB???

No way. No one is going to trade for Kaepernick. He is just not that good. He is average, to meddling just below average.

How long ago did you change avatars? I remember the penguin.

Edited by jboyst62

New semi-rumour about CK being available for trade. This author speculates that most likely landing spots are Jets, Eagles and Bears. Lot of conjecture all around so take it FWIW. And for the record - I used to be a fan of Kaepernick but not any more because of serious doubts I have about his maturity and accuracy

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-3-potential-landing-spots-for-colin-kaepernick.html/?ref=YF

Previous discussion on this subject is in this thread ( I started a new thread as the previous discussion was kinda 'old')

Leaving the 49ers with...Blaine Gabbert and an UDFA QB from S. Carolina as the only QBs on the roster?

Maybe we could trade them Jeff Tuel

Who in the hell is their QB in waiting that makes Kaep expendable? Blaine Gabbert? Or are the just in tank mode? Weird.

I'd give up a conditional 5th that could become a 4th for him.

I think the probabilities of the 49ers trading Kaep are 0.009% unless it's a QB swap a la Bradford for Foles.

Leaving the 49ers with...Blaine Gabbert and an UDFA QB from S. Carolina as the only QBs on the roster?

Maybe we could trade them Jeff Tuel

I think the probabilities of the 49ers trading Kaep are 0.009% unless it's a QB swap a la Bradford for Foles.

I think it would be hard to

trade him and they don't have a better option.

Edited by Manther

Too many fans are enamored with the athlete QB, vs. the boring pocket passer who has it between the ears.

I want a QB who is a great pocket passer, makes excellent decisions, and could care less if he runs for a first down. The winning QB's are usually the pocket guys. Yes, Romo, Rodgers, and Brees can run, but they win with their arm and brain.

EJ is an athlete, and a great kid by all accounts, but can't read defenses.

Foles is who I wish we were able to get.

Too many fans are enamored with the athlete QB, vs. the boring pocket passer who has it between the ears.

I want a QB who is a great pocket passer, makes excellent decisions, and could care less if he runs for a first down. The winning QB's are usually the pocket guys. Yes, Romo, Rodgers, and Brees can run, but they win with their arm and brain.

Too many people think of EJ as an athlete QB when he is more a pocket QB if anything. He is mobile in the pocket, much like Cam but often steps in to trouble or gets in trouble before getting out if; just like Cam.

EJ has the ability ot become a much better pocket passer. Kaep cannot. I do not know the stats but I bet Kaep is dramatically better outside of the pocket or tackles then he is inside of it.

Romo and Rodgers had two and three years respectively to learn the NFL game on the bench before starting. Brees took four years for the light to come on. We get that you don't think it will ever happen for Manuel, but the guys you listed were either never asked to perform before they were ready or the QB was able to perform badly for a couple of years in the starting role until he got it.

Not really fair comparisons considering EJ is going into his third year. If anything, one could argue that Manuel should be given more time because those three QBs took time to develop into the star QBs they became.

Edited by 1billsfan

Romo and Rodgers had two and three years respectively to learn the NFL game on the bench before starting. Brees took four years for the light to come on. We get that you don't think it will ever happen for Manuel, but the guys you listed were either never asked to perform before they were ready or the QB was able to perform badly for a couple of years in the starting role until he got it.

Not really fair comparisons considering EJ is going into his third year. If anything, one could argue that Manuel should be given more time because those three QBs took time to develop into the star QBs they became.

People are probably tired of me saying it, but I'm a believer in the old axiom of "1,000 attempts" before closing the book on a QB.

The idea that EJ can't read defenses is simply not true. I and others have pointed out such instances since his first game vs. NE** in '13.

What he needs is confidence to trust what he's seeing and not be afraid to screw the pooch. I'm convinced Marrone, like Jauron, incessantly preached "no negative plays, no negative plays" and that screws with a young QB's confidence. EJ had a crisis vs. San Diego and all week Marrone and Co. drummed it into his head not to screw up and it just got worse vs. the Texans.

If he can get off to a good start and have his confidence grow, he's got a great chance. Conversely, if he doesn't and starts to press again, his lack of confidence can consume him. I'm rooting for him. Nobody on the team possesses his sheer physical skills so he's got an advantage there.

GO BILLS!!!

People are probably tired of me saying it, but I'm a believer in the old axiom of "1,000 attempts" before closing the book on a QB.

The idea that EJ can't read defenses is simply not true. I and others have pointed out such instances since his first game vs. NE** in '13.

What he needs is confidence to trust what he's seeing and not be afraid to screw the pooch. I'm convinced Marrone, like Jauron, incessantly preached "no negative plays, no negative plays" and that screws with a young QB's confidence. EJ had a crisis vs. San Diego and all week Marrone and Co. drummed it into his head not to screw up and it just got worse vs. the Texans.

If he can get off to a good start and have his confidence grow, he's got a great chance. Conversely, if he doesn't and starts to press again, his lack of confidence can consume him. I'm rooting for him. Nobody on the team possesses his sheer physical skills so he's got an advantage there.

GO BILLS!!!

He doesn't make good decisions. In that game he didn't throw any INT's, he made good choices, but the Pats defense was not good at all. The Carolina game was the same way.

it was one bad year with the FO and Harbaugh in a war that affected the whole team, He will bounce back.

He doesn't make good decisions. In that game he didn't throw any INT's, he made good choices, but the Pats defense was not good at all. The Carolina game was the same way.

So when Manuel has a good game it's because the defense is bad. Got it.

I'm not gonna relive every game and instance where Manuel made proper reads, looked off safeties, etc. Suffice to say, I don't need to be convinced he has the ability to do that as I've personally witnessed it on several occasions. He's also inconsistent, which is exactly what I'd expect a project QB to be at this stage of development. And he lost confidence, which is the hardest thing to overcome.

But if you and others have seen enough, so be it. I don't agree and I'll let it go at that.

GO BILLS!!!

So when Manuel has a good game it's because the defense is bad. Got it.

I'm not gonna relive every game and instance where Manuel made proper reads, looked off safeties, etc. Suffice to say, I don't need to be convinced he has the ability to do that as I've personally witnessed it on several occasions. He's also inconsistent, which is exactly what I'd expect a project QB to be at this stage of development. And he lost confidence, which is the hardest thing to overcome.

But if you and others have seen enough, so be it. I don't agree and I'll let it go at that.

GO BILLS!!!

Not what I am saying. EJ Manuel must capitalize on his strengths and get over his weaknesses. He needs to trust his talented skill players - something he struggled to do in the past. SJ13, Chandler, many of these guys he did not trust. He has the skillsets now where maybe he can just throw it up and let these guys haul it in for the first. Ball placement will be important, getting it to the guys who can get the 1st downs... he just needs not turn it over. That is why Cassel may be the better starter.

Considering our QB situation, I'd hope that Buffalo would be trying to acquire him if he were available. Just need a QB to make this team into a real force. His recent issues aside, he would immediately become our starter.

Edit: I'd give up a 3rd or 2nd that can become a first depending on whether Bills make playoffs.

Is this Whaley et al. ?