The Bills are on the clock: Pick 33

Process

4 hours ago, Old Coot said:

Why would the Panthers trade to jump ahead of the Bills? Presumably they were afraid the Bills would take their guy Legette.

Or someone else could have traded with the Bills and took Legette.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

My dream is Coleman and Franklin tomorrow. Two WRs with different physical gifts. Plant them on the field with Josh Allen for the next 5+ years and prosper.

Cooper and Bullard tonight. 

9 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

Beane is going to get a LOT of phone calls for that first pick in the second round.

He should keep trading back. We don’t need players, the team with the most picks at the end of the year is the real champion. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I'm thinking it's Zach Frazier with the first pick in the 2nd (c'mon guys, 4 time wrestling champ out of West Virginia? That's obviously McD's guy)...and then they'll take Franklin or Tez Walker.

I don’t see Franklin or walker on their respective wrestling rosters.  Gonna have to disagree with you there champ

I don’t really have a guess other than that they didn’t really like the WRs as much as the general consensus does.  I think if they liked Mitchell they would have picked him already.  

I would take McConkey here, but I have a sinking feeling that they are going to take Franklin.

I'll take ad and Franklin

But in round 3 I'm disgusted... We don't pan out well

If we draft cooper dejean then it's stupid because it's just to make up to cover all of the new receivers. Luckily, most went to the NFC. 

I'm not a dejean fan. 

• Like (+1) 1

They won't move again from #33 and the pick is going to be Troy Franklin. Write it down. Pretty sure he has been "their guy" throughout this entire process. They grabbed some extra picks along the way and moved back just enough where they feel comfortable. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

They do like Franklin - met with him more than anyone and he has the fewest q’s of any of the remaining wr’s. Walker is an analytics disaster - know way in the world they draft him. I see another small trade then Buffalo taking Mitchell, Ladd or Franklin. Coleman is the “Benjamin” type of wr they have been avoiding. No separation guy

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

They won't move again from #33 and the pick is going to be Troy Franklin. Write it down. Pretty sure he has been "their guy" throughout this entire process. They grabbed some extra picks along the way and moved back just enough where they feel comfortable. 

If that’s true I’ll be happy but knowing Beane there’s going to be another trade he loves and he’ll take the chance to move back one last time and then hopefully still get Franklin or even better AD.

I like what Beane is doing. Round 2-4 is a lot of WR value but I do think AD and Franklin are a different level to the next tier of strictly #2 WRs

Just now, NeverOutNick said:

If that’s true I’ll be happy but knowing Beane there’s going to be another trade he loves and he’ll take the chance to move back one last time and then hopefully still get Franklin or even better AD.

I like what Beane is doing. Round 2-4 is a lot of WR value but I do think AD and Franklin are a different level to the next tier of strictly #2 WRs

Rounds 2/3 is the sweet spot in this draft.  I’m hoping he can get a real nice deal for 33 to not move far back and get another 3rd 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

If he was truly "their guy" - they wouldn't have risked someone else taking him by trading out of 28 and 32.

The fact that they moved down twice and allowed teams that needed WR's to come up and get their guys said to me that they viewed a lot of different WR's after the first 4 fairly evenly and didn't have a "guy".

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

At some point, you just have to get your guy before someone else does. I think they stand pat and take Franklin. 

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If he was truly "their guy" - they wouldn't have risked someone else taking him by trading out of 28 and 32.

The fact that they moved down twice and allowed teams that needed WR's to come up and get their guys said to me that they viewed a lot of different WR's after the first 4 fairly evenly and didn't have a "guy".

We'll see. But if I were a betting man, then I would put $$$ on Franklin being #33. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

At some point, you just have to get your guy before someone else does. I think they stand pat and take Franklin. 

The fact that they moved back again from 32 to 33 means they have 2-3 players with very similar grades that they’d feel comfortable taking and are willing to make small moves back just in case they lose one but both both. I’m hoping it’s Franklin and AD with those grades

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

He is probably fielding calls from half the teams about pick 33 tomorrow...he might be able to get a better deal than what he got for 32.

I would hope he could get a better deal than the Carolina trade

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I would hope he could get a better deal than the Carolina trade

I actually think that trade was to buy time to either trade for a vet WR or trade back again from 33. 

Now that the 49ers got who they wanted, they might be ready to move Aiyuk or deebo.  

Edited by BuffaloRebound

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

The dream is still very much alive. Draft two of these WRs in R2, likely with a medium trade up from #60:

Coleman

Franklin

Mitchell

McConkey

Polk

BPA at #95, perhaps with a small trade up to get a true 3rd round graded player.

I think it’s Franklin…no idea after that.  With the Niners drafting a WR at 31, does that put Aiyuk in play now, probably in exchange for 33? 

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

We spent a lot of time with DeJean, Franklin and Walker pre-draft. I think tomorrow, we either go DeJean and Walker, or Franklin and ??

No thanks on Dejean,  that would be a total draft screw up.  He is not worth more then a 3rd or 4th rounder

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

The fact that they moved back again from 32 to 33 means they have 2-3 players with very similar grades that they’d feel comfortable taking and are willing to make small moves back just in case they lose one but both both. I’m hoping it’s Franklin and AD with those grades

It tells me it’s likely another trade at 33.  Getting the first pick of round 2 gives you almost 24 hours to make a deal, instead of 10 minutes.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

We spent a lot of time with DeJean, Franklin and Walker pre-draft. I think tomorrow, we either go DeJean and Walker, or Franklin and ??

Please not Franklin unless it’s late round 2.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

It tells me it’s likely another trade at 33.  Getting the first pick of round 2 gives you almost 24 hours to make a deal, instead of 10 minutes.

I don't doubt that Beane is working to see what existing player he can get for that pick.  The problem we have is the cap, but maybe a June 1 designation in any such transaction makes that piece a bit easier. 

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think it’s Franklin…no idea after that.  With the Niners drafting a WR at 31, does that put Aiyuk in play now, probably in exchange for 33? 

I think you’re right and I will be very disappointed if that’s where they go.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Surprised that so few people are mentioning Johnny Newton here. He is likely in the conversation for BPA & is at a position the Bills need (at least long term).

Either way, I don’t think that the Bills pick at 33. 

I agree, I would also consider drafting a true OC to replace Morse. I think Powers-Johnson could be a possibility at #33, I don't like the prospect of moving McGovern to C. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MWK said:

It is almost certainly Dejean. McDermott runs this team.

Very possibly. But over Newton? You know how he loves DL. But then again I guess we could use someone to cover Worthy now. 

Edited by BarleyNY