What are your draft plans? (Menu, setting, etc)

Virgil

We are just over 24 hours away from one of my favorite times of the year and what looks to be a fairly exciting draft.  

What's everyone's draft environment, food, etc preference?  Also, anyone planning on just living here in the shoutbox?

For me, I get wings, pizza logs, YouTubeTV picture in picture for both NFL Network and ESPN coverage, and laptop open to research picks and complain about who the Bills take.  

What's on your agenda?

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to What are your draft plans? (Menu, setting, etc)

This year coincidentally I will be in Louisville for an extended weekend (starting Thursday) with my brother, taking my dad out for some bourbon tastings. He loves bourbon, but he is getting up there in years (will be 79 in May) and wanted to do something with him while he can still enjoy it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sit on my living room couch and quietly watch it by myself. My wife will be watching her shows (Grey's Anatomy, The Masked Singer, The Golden Girls, Sex And The City, whatever) in the bedroom, my kids will be watching whatever or playing video games with their friends online in their rooms, and I veg in front of the TV for once. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Myself and a few others will be at our main Atlanta Bills Backers bar, Whitehall Tavern. No official event from the club, just a few of us regulars. I'm sure many wings will be consumed.

Couldnt talk @Royale with Cheese into showing up tho. (So it's safe for anyone else who wants to join)

Edited by DrDawkinstein

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Fun fact... all chaps are ass-less if you don't wear anything underneath 🙂 

Yes, but you get a lot more weird looks walking down the stress without pants on.  Or so I’m told….

5 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

filet mignon, 20 year-old scotch, women and cocaine 

Steak and alcohol optional?

2 minutes ago, nosejob said:

About what time will our pick come up?...if we stay at 28? 11?

unless we trade up….

Watch it at home. The NFL draft will be a nice distraction for me as my Islanders will be getting beat again by the Canes. I hope the Bills have a good night since I am sure the Isles won't.

25 minutes ago, nosejob said:

About what time will our pick come up?...if we stay at 28? 11?

Yeah, and probably closer to 11:30pm

Just looked up last year's pick, and the Kincaid thread went live at 11:10pm and that was pick 25. So yeah. I'm guessing at least 11:30pm.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Night I: Ziggy's ("Dive" Bills bar in The Public Market of Rochester), with the crew who watches games together all year. 

Night II: Bar Bill Tavern East, in Irondequoit Bay, with some dudes I'm trying to convert to BILLievers.

Night III: Home in front of my compy.

24 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Steak and alcohol optional?

unless we trade up….

I'm expecting Beane to steal the show. He trades 2025 1st / 2nd / 144 and a 6th to move to 6 with the NYG. ( Giants have 39 nand 47 so they take the deal and  set their sights on the no.1 QB next year.)

He then trades 6 to Minny for 11 and 23. ( They were gonna pay that anyway.)

He then trades 11 and a conditional 2025 4th to Seattle for 16 and Dk Metcalf. With pick 16 we take BTJ.

With pick 23 we select Latu.

Beane then trades 28 to AZ. for 35 and 71

He then selects Johnny Newton or Fiske at 35

We end up with :

DK

BTJR

Latu

Newton or Fiske

Sweat at 60

Cole Bishop at 71.

Flame away IDK we're finally only one day away.

Edited by nosejob
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The NFL hype machine has made the draft, the schedule, the combine, etc. all 'must-see' events.  Back in the day, before the web and 24/7 NFL network, these things were barely acknowledged in real time.  If you get max enjoyment out of it, power to you.  I'll get excited when there's actually men suited up and smashing into each other.

I'll maybe toggle over to ESPN or NFL network or check in here occasionally, but I don't have much interest in making it 'an event'.  More likely slip into my usual old man routine starting with Jeopardy, maybe the news commentary talking heads, Nat Geo, Seinfeld re-runs, and start dozing on the sofa around 9pm. Most importantly, I'll be keeping the remote from my wife so that the Hallmark channel doesn't appear on the main TV. 

I'll definitely be here Friday morning and probably see what Tasker and Brown have to say.🙂

• Agree 1

My kitchen is being done up at the moment so I'll be sitting in a dusty lounge full of stuff that should normally be in a kitchen trying to make enough coffee to stay awake, eating food that doesn't require cooking and playing a full part in the draft thread on here while marking off my board as we go. 

I am more of a two laptops guy than a two tv screens guy. 

I'm going to be hunkered down in my office at home, watching the draft on the big screen, researching prospects and picks on my laptop, drinking Heineken.......no idea what i'm eating yet, but eating is secondary for me on this night. 

6 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

I have to prep for a colonoscopy on Friday morning - can't eat anything and will be spending quality time in the bathroom #worstdraftwatchpartyever

Don't get old, kids - it sucks....

In my experience, the worst part is the laxative that you have to take the night before the prep day. Also, drink lots of chicken broth; it feels like real food.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I didn't know I was having company.  Let me press my ass-less chaps

All chaps are assless. Otherwise, they’d be pants. 

I work til 4-5 Thursday.  Grill some chicken and be ready to go draft time at 730.  Last 3-4 years I have become a non traditional draft watcher.

Started with bleacher report with Lefkoe and Simms.  This year with Buffalo picking late I will mainly watch the Pat Mcafee draft spectacular.  Having Bill Belichick on a hot mike uncensored for the duration of rd 1 is a must watch for me.  On the clock I will go to a national crew because I assuming Pat and boys will be way off the rails by than but would want Bill’s analysis.    

Days 2 and 3 exclusively bleacher report.  Analysis and grade of every pick in real time. The ESPN and NFL network coverage becomes a variety show. 

Before having a full time job and a family I really hated the change from saturday and sunday.  That was like the start of summer when I was college age.  Now I much appreciate being able to see the complete first 3 rounds live. 

Going to be watching the Yankees-A's game while also watching the draft...haven't decided which network/broadcast I will watch yet.   Bryan Broaddus has great info on draft day but I am hoping the buffalo plus folks do some live stuff too.

oh and my wife is picking up food so I don't have to cook! probably some crappy north texas pizza

I'll be at my son's baseball game (it's senior night), hoping we run rule this team and we can get home before the pick.  I'll be checking my phone every 5 seconds to see if we traded up.

If the game runs long, we'll go to The Taste of Buffalo restaurant in Huntersville NC, which is close to the field.  It could take too long to get home.  

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Yes, but you get a lot more weird looks walking down the stress without pants on.  Or so I’m told….

How do you know whether there are more weird looks unless you try it with chaps first.  

;) 

49 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm gonna go to bed. The draft is the most over rated nfl event Imo. If the bills move up, maybe I'll see their pick. Otherwise I'll find out in the morning 

I want to fight you 😋