We can still win a Super Bowl this year

Success

Mind you - I am not saying we will or should be SB favorites, or even considered a top 3-4 contender.

But losing Diggs changes very little, imo.  A lot will depend on who we get in the 1st round this year, and if they can adjust quickly to the pro's.

Diggs did nothing for us in the past 2 playoff losses, and his production was way down the entire 2nd half of last season (when we made our run).

Just responding to thoughts in the Diggs thread that his trade clearly means a year off, and a rebuild.  To me, it means a trade up for a better receiver, and we'll still be contending.  I don't see this as some sort of window-closer.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

Give it up man....we are looking at a 2 year re-tooling phase right now.  It's not a bad thing.  Bills will be fine in the long run.  You are nuts if your expectation is a Super Bowl win in 2024

Edited by BillsPride12
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

Give it up man....we are looking at a 2 year re-tooling phase right now.  It's not a bad thing.  Bills will be fine in the long run.  You are nuts if your expectation is a Super Bowl win in 2024

I don't think it's any more nuts than our expectations were last year.  

All we need is a ticket to the playoffs, for the defense to show up, and for Josh to play like Josh

The rest will sort itself out - and losing Diggs really doesn't impact the feasibility of winning it all in 2024

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Having a franchise QB means you always have a chance... but the size of that chance varies based off the roster and what your going against. Right now the Bills are at best a wildcard team as they seemingly reset the roster. Betting that young players will come in the draft and be immediate impact players is fools gold. Sure maybe 25-26 the impact becomes real, but it takes a good season to truly learn the way of the NFL and with that unless they bring in another top target the offense is limited even with Josh. I am bracing for a non playoff year and if they even make the playoffs it will feel like a positive.

I think if we go back and look at that God awful Chiefs message board from back when they traded Hill many would have been saying their window was over... rebuild as well. They went on to win the next 2 Super Bowls.

So, to your point, I agree that anything is possible and with Allen we always have the possibility of catching fire late and running the table.

This will be a new look team come week 1. Many of the vets we have grown accustomed to seeing as team leaders and core players are gone. We have seen who steps up to take their place both on the field and in the locker room as leaders. Team captain vote this year should be telling.

I think much of what we will see for the 2024 Bills will be the formation of the "new core" that with emerge going forward to the next window of opportunity. Playoffs would be a success this year IMO. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

I don't think it's any more nuts than our expectations were last year.  

All we need is a ticket to the playoffs, for the defense to show up, and for Josh to play like Josh

The rest will sort itself out - and losing Diggs really doesn't impact the feasibility of winning it all in 2024

I'm not making that statement strictly based on losing Diggs.  I'm factoring in the losses of Morse, Poyer, White, Gabe Davis, Leonard Floyd as well.  It's just too much roster turnover for one season.  Of course they aren't going to come out and talk like it in front of the media but I guarantee you behind closed doors even Beane and McDermott are approaching the next couple years like a quick reset.  

I don't think there is any doubt in my mind that they could win it this year. The team was 3 dropped passes where if one of those was completed, one off balanced throw to an open receiver and a missed routine fg away from beating this year's super bowl winner. 

We gain big pieces back on defense, and I truly don't think the receiver losses hurt them all that much.  Better injury luck and hit on a receiver in the draft and I think they are in good shape. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think if we go back and look at that God awful Chiefs message board from back when they traded Hill many would have been saying their window was over... rebuild as well. They went on to win the next 2 Super Bowls.

So, to your point, I agree that anything is possible and with Allen we always have the possibility of catching fire late and running the table.

This will be a new look team come week 1. Many of the vets we have grown accustomed to seeing as team leaders and core players are gone. We have seen who steps up to take their place both on the field and in the locker room as leaders. Team captain vote this year should be telling.

I think much of what we will see for the 2024 Bills will be the formation of the "new core" that with emerge going forward to the next window of opportunity. Playoffs would be a success this year IMO. 

The Chiefs also got rid of talent on the oline and defense and relied on young players and rookies. The key is they hit on draft picks. The Bills need to do the same.

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

We barely did this year and we are exponentially worse at multiple positions. 9-8 season incoming!

The Bills were the 2 seed! They won 11 games. Stop this nonsense.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

We barely did this year and we are exponentially worse at multiple positions. 9-8 season incoming!

Are we worse at the positions where we had guys injured?  3  starting LB's, 3 starting CB's, 2 D-linemen, WR, & safety?

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Give it up man....we are looking at a 1 year re-tooling phase right now.  It's not a bad thing.  Bills will be fine in the long run.  You are nuts if your expectation is a Super Bowl win in 2024

FIFY. And I still see the Bills as favorites in the East this year because quite frankly, our division could be pretty bad. 

I think 10 wins might take it this year. The Jets are the only threat (last year it was Miami), and it is highly unlikely they will stay healthy. 

Edited by buffblue

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

The offense is worse at multiple positions, the defense healthy may be equal or better.

The problem is the offense matters wayyyy more and right now the cupboard is as bare as it has been for Josh since 2018 (it is not that bad for the record but certainly is rough). People really need to soften their expectations for the offense as even with two new WRs who could be drafted in the first 3 rounds it typically takes a year just for a player to get seasoned, the o line is in transition with Morse gone, they have a new OC, and even if everything is perfect it still takes time to gel. On paper this is easily the worst the team has been since 2019 and a wildcard is probably a solid season at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, buffblue said:

FIFY. And I still see the Bills as favorites in the East this year because quite frankly, our division could be pretty bad. 

I think 10 wins might take it this year. The Jets are the only threat (last year it was Miami), and it is highly unlikely they will stay healthy. 

I think it's entirely possible they still win 10 plus games and win the division again.  I never said they were going to suck this year.  The topic of this thread was that the Bills can still win a Super Bowl this year.  That's where I completely disagree.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

I think it's entirely possible they still win 10 plus games and win the division again.  I never said they were going to suck this year.  The topic of this thread was that the Bills can still win a Super Bowl this year.  That's where I completely disagree.  

You may be right, but let's give it some time. There is a lot of offseason to go. I'll make my judgment in August

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Why is it nuts ? Buffalo nearly beat the Chiefs last year without their whole LB core. Diggs was a total non-factor and IMO a real distraction his last couple years. God bless him for his help in Josh’s development, but his time was up and I am ecstatic they got something out of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, buffblue said:

You may be right, but let's give it some time. There is a lot of offseason to go. I'll make my judgment in August

Nope we make final decisions today, its over pack it up lol

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Why is it nuts ? Buffalo nearly beat the Chiefs last year without their whole LB core. Diggs was a total non-factor and IMO a real distraction his last couple years. God bless him for his help in Josh’s development, but his time was up and I am ecstatic they got something out of it. 

Too much roster turnover, too many variables, and ultimately I think we will head into the season with too many holes.  Sure we will fill some holes in the draft but they won't be able to fill them all and even if we hit on some draft picks you have to anticipate some rookie struggles coming.  It's irrelevant comparing what the Bills did last year as this team is going to look significantly different this season.  

• Agree 1

Sure we can.

If Stef hauled in that bomb that Allen hit him square in the mitts with against KC, we had a chance to win it a couple months ago.

Edited by Beast

5 hours ago, Success said:

Mind you - I am not saying we will or should be SB favorites, or even considered a top 3-4 contender.

But losing Diggs changes very little, imo.  A lot will depend on who we get in the 1st round this year, and if they can adjust quickly to the pro's.

Diggs did nothing for us in the past 2 playoff losses, and his production was way down the entire 2nd half of last season (when we made our run).

Just responding to thoughts in the Diggs thread that his trade clearly means a year off, and a rebuild.  To me, it means a trade up for a better receiver, and we'll still be contending.  I don't see this as some sort of window-closer.

The Sabres can still get in the playoffs THIS YEAR TOO!

• Haha (+1) 1

I look at it as there must have been something to the talk about Diggs being in what ever way it may be unhappy with something which could be a distraction or has been one .

So i guess it's better to cut bait now rather than letting it fester and cause something bad in the locker room and now they can get his replacement for much less money a& look forward to the future .

Do I think we win it all? No. Can we win it all? Yes. In reality none of the guys we lost this offseason contributed much to the run we made in the second half of last season. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Agree 3