We can still win a Super Bowl this year

Success

3 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Everyone's replaceable. My point is replacing half the team in one off season will take some time to mesh. At a time when AFC teams are making leaps and gains, we're playing catch up. By season's end, we should know if our second window is open or not. We absolutely pissed away Josh's first SB window.

I can’t argue any of this. That said, my expectation is for this team to make the playoffs and compete for a SB - this year. 

BB has to get get creative however limited we may seem with cap space and draft capital. No excuses. 

13 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Of course we can, it’s just the fair weather fans that are having a tantrum, I say ignore those children, 

Saying we can win it in a year with roster turnovers of major players on the team is what children do when they can’t comprehend the reality of a situation. When the adults explain what the situation really is the children would start calling people names because they just don’t like it. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Saying we can win it in a year with roster turnovers of major players on the team is what children do when they can’t comprehend the reality of a situation. When the adults explain what the situation really is the children would start calling people names because they just don’t like it. 

We mainly lost older guys who couldn't stay healthy.

We almost beat KC w/ Diggs not really showing up and dropping a pass that could have won that game.  I feel confident that whoever we get in the 1st round can at least match the 40 yards per game production we were seeing in the last half of the season.

We might be better w/ younger, faster guys at safety.  Losing Morse is more of a big deal, but if McGovern can excel there, it's a wash.

I'm not seeing any kind of devastating roster turnover.  We were old, and got younger, and faster.  And we'll get a bunch of guys back who weren't even playing at the end, or were playing hurt.

36 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Struck a nerve there didn’t I, lol

ya know something, no-one on the Bills team is scared/worried, just those “adult fans” who like to “splain” stuff to others to make themselves feel secure, so why don’t you relax, fix  yourself your favorite cocktail 🍸🚬 and maybe wait until training camp to make a definitive decision. Nuthin but luv fellow Bills fan, 😁👍

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

We mainly lost older guys who couldn't stay healthy.

We almost beat KC w/ Diggs not really showing up and dropping a pass that could have won that game.  I feel confident that whoever we get in the 1st round can at least match the 40 yards per game production we were seeing in the last half of the season.

We might be better w/ younger, faster guys at safety.  Losing Morse is more of a big deal, but if McGovern can excel there, it's a wash.

I'm not seeing any kind of devastating roster turnover.  We were old, and got younger, and faster.  And we'll get a bunch of guys back who weren't even playing at the end, or were playing hurt.

I think we will be better. Getting younger is a great move for the team. But it’ll take time for young players to match (hopefully exceed) production from those vets.

This coming season will be a testing period of sort with new younger talent. If things go well 2025-2026 season could be when it happens. If Bills don’t hoist a Lombardi that season I think the coaching staff will be gone. 

On 4/3/2024 at 11:44 AM, mushypeaches said:

I don't think it's any more nuts than our expectations were last year.  

All we need is a ticket to the playoffs, for the defense to show up, and for Josh to play like Josh

The rest will sort itself out - and losing Diggs really doesn't impact the feasibility of winning it all in 2024

IS that all we need, a ticket to the playoffs, defense shows up and Josh top play like Josh.  Yes it is nice to be optimistic.

56 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Struck a nerve there didn’t I, lol

ya know something, no-one on the Bills team is scared/worried, just those “adult fans” who like to “splain” stuff to others to make themselves feel secure, so why don’t you relax, fix  yourself your favorite cocktail 🍸🚬 and maybe wait until training camp to make a definitive decision. Nuthin but luv fellow Bills fan, 😁👍

Haha. Online posts have no tone of voice context so readers will fill that in with whatever suits their interest. So no you didn’t hit a nerve. It’s all fun to get through my day.

For me it’s definitive because of history and players turnovers. It’s hard to argue with those. 

So now I’m insecure on top of being a child. Lol. Ok I’ll have a drink tonight to that! Cheers and go Bills!

Thought this thread was a joke until I opened it. The bills weren’t winning the Super Bowl with Diggs let alone with no #1 WR. Come on, I love the bills but beyond Josh Allen we don’t have 1 elite guy on this roster. Not 1. This team isn’t going anywhere with McDermott anyways. Incredible how poorly managed the roster is when you’ve got a top 2 QB in the league. 

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1