PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

On 3/24/2024 at 5:20 PM, Steptide said:

Something is only worth what people will pay for it. If people will pay 20-50k, good on them. If not, those prices will drop really quick. Pegula just better hope this team is still good come 2026/27. People arnt gonna pay these prices with a crap product. This isn't 2007. We long held super low ticket prices, and that definitely helped the fan base keep coming to games. 

Not to be an ass, but if you can't afford this and pay for it over 30 years, how do people afford vehicles, where you end up paying way more than the sticker? And the other ass part: if the people of Buffalo won't buy the tickets, others will. I could see myself getting a 4 pack when the locals drop from the list, if they even do. 

I really don't see the Bills having an issue selling every PSL. In fact, the very people who can't afford the PSLs are the very same people who smash tables and get ***** faced before kickoff. They want a cleaner, family-friendly experience which generates more revenue; that's how you cash in.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I think i have read in a couple places they are doubling. @Mr Infoextrapolate can confirm for us. But I also think mistake to extropoate anything from the club prices

My current club seats in Highmark are $4,034/ticket for 2024 season. My East club seats for 2026 are $5,165/ticket.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Why would other owners care how much $$$ the owner(s) of the Bills rakes in? Shouldn't they mind their own effing business?

General ticket revenue is split with the visiting team. Suite revenue stays with the home club. The other owners do have an interest. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, juno999 said:

I never thought PSLs would go as high as $50k.  There may be a higher turnover than everyone anticipated.  Some people may not even have a choice but to opt out.  That sucks.

The biggest anger which I do get is that if you do not keep the seats you have then you go to the back of everyone until all STHs either renew or also opt. So you will have people that are 20 year STH that are moved to the end of the line because they can't afford their current seats and that could mean they may not get a seat at all. 

13 minutes ago, Gigs said:

Not to be an ass, but if you can't afford this and pay for it over 30 years, how do people afford vehicles, where you end up paying way more than the sticker? And the other ass part: if the people of Buffalo won't buy the tickets, others will. I could see myself getting a 4 pack when the locals drop from the list, if they even do. 

I really don't see the Bills having an issue selling every PSL. In fact, the very people who can't afford the PSLs are the very same people who smash tables and get ***** faced before kickoff. They want a cleaner, family-friendly experience which generates more revenue; that's how you cash in.

Coming from Rochester my brother law and I are splitting tickets. Drops the cost in half as we each do 3-4 games and we sell 1 or 2. I can tell you a lot of people will do the same and have zero issue with the cost with it split; those who say it is too much will be replaced (as heartless as that sounds, that is the attitude from the team at this point).

17 minutes ago, Gigs said:

Purchasing a football ticket and a car is not a good comparison. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

General ticket revenue is split with the visiting team. Suite revenue stays with the home club. The other owners do have an interest. 

So you make my point then, as the Bills (as long as they're good/JA is around) would have been selling out ALL seats in the current stadium. With as much as PSLs AND higher new tickets cost, they may not be selling out all the non-suite seats in the new place. We shall see.

If I'm reading the signs correctly, and from perusing social media over the past week, I think I am, the Bills have overestimated their ability to get fans to buy in at these high costs.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Irv said:

Anybody know if major college programs sell PSL's?

In a sense. Some schools require a mandatory donation to buy tickets.

2 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

So you make my point then, as the Bills (as long as they're good/JA is around) would have been selling out ALL seats in the current stadium. With as much as PSLs AND higher new tickets cost, they may not be selling out all the non-suite seats in the new place. We shall see.

If I'm reading the signs correctly, and from perusing social media over the past week, I think I am, the Bills have overestimated their ability to get fans to buy in at these high costs.

I thought I read @Mr Info saying some sections are sold out already?

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Gigs said:

I don't know if you have been paying attention lately, but a lot of people are really struggling with the cost of living all over the country. Buffalo included. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

My current club seats in Highmark are $4,034/ticket for 2024 season. My East club seats for 2026 are $5,165/ticket.

And that’s the reasonable part of it. It’s the 20k PSL that’s not reasonable for the same seat. But I understand why the Bills are doing it. Like I’ve said many times over, with less suites in the new stadium, they are targeting the Suite audience towards those very expensive PSL tickets. Still cheaper than the suites they were used to. But likely too much for most every day people who have clubs now. I  in probably the cheapest club seats in the stadium. I think my tix are right around $2500/ticket. I’m fully prepared that my tickets will like increase by 50-100%. It’s the PSL that will make my decision. Being outside the yardage marker, into the end zones, I don’t imagine my PSLs will be very much compared to the prices that people are seeing now. But they will likely be 3-5k I imagine. Which as long as I’m covered, heated, and comfortable, I’m fine with it. 

33 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

In a sense. Some schools require a mandatory donation to buy tickets.

I thought I read @Mr Info saying some sections are sold out already?

Yes, got seats yesterday but not as good as the ones available last week. East club sections C224, C225, & C226 (midfield) are sold out except a few 3 seaters that they will not break up for 2 seats. Sections C203 & C204 were nearly sold out and I got seats in C204 near the 25 yard line. Unfortunately, not as good as my current club seats. I should have acted more quickly.

On 3/24/2024 at 9:31 AM, stuvian said:

Greed and gambling will eventually be this and other league's undoing. The Ohtani story is going to blow up in ways we haven't foreseen. 

Why would a working family prioritize a PSL over their kids education when the UFL offers something similar? 

They wouldn't, and NFL owners don't want those people. They drive down the perceived value of the brand. There's a reason they reduced capacity in the new stadium. The NFL wants to create an exclusive atmosphere - not an accessible one. The poors can watch on TV while the affluent get VIP meet & greets with TSwift next year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/24/2024 at 3:31 PM, stuvian said:

Greed and gambling will eventually be this and other league's undoing. The Ohtani story is going to blow up in ways we haven't foreseen. 

Why would a working family prioritize a PSL over their kids education when the UFL offers something similar? 

Currently, some college football players make NIL money in the hundreds of thousands, if not more. How long before some of their second or third string teammates decide they'll get in on it and make some cash by missing a tackle, missing a block, dropping a pass? How long before the public finds out? I put the over/under at 3 years.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Gigs said:

Try not to say things that make sense. 

• Haha (+1) 1

After all the pros, all the cons, all the explanations, all the reasons, at the end of the day there will be some people who end up taking out 10 year loans at 10%, to be able to then buy tickets to go to a football game.  I am not disparaging these people, everyone has the right to make their own economic decisions.  I am saddened that such a situation has become normalized.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/23/2024 at 6:47 AM, Spiderweb said:

20K to 50K for the better seats so far. I know these are the way of life for quite some time but I can't help but to feel these are the ultimate slap in the face. Billionaires come to taxpayers to fund much of their stadiums, then insult them and make them pay huge sums just to have the right to buy season tickets. One time purchase? OK, but it's a big one. It's not like the tickets themselves are free.

Ouch.. posted on wrong board again.. should be on Stadium Wall.

I wonder if I'll get any clients calling about a loan to pay for PSLs. These are crazy prices TBH.

Edited by jlgarsh
Double post
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Mango said:

I don't know if you have been paying attention lately, but a lot of people are really struggling with the cost of living all over the country. Buffalo included. 

It rough right now. My wife and were looking to buy a bigger house so we did a deep dive on our spending to see where its all going.

Daycare is by far the biggest cost. 2300 a month for 3 days a week 2 kids. I'm keeping them home with me for two days a week just to make sure I can feed them the rest of the month. I don't have some ***** job either.

If the PSLs come to me and are 5k, I'm not sure I can justify that when I'm struggling to pay for everything else each month. I hate that I have to make that decision, but its a reality so many people are dealing with. I've had seasons for 15 years on and off (took two years off for grad school and a job downstate) Would hurt to give them up, but priorities man.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1

On 3/24/2024 at 9:11 PM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Reads PSL news

Adjusts rabbit ears

fluff couch cushion

prosper. 

You forgot stock beer fridge with quality beer for far less than the $10 each they want at the Ralph for (lets be generous) average product. ;) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

It rough right now. My wife and were looking to buy a bigger house so we did a deep dive on our spending to see where its all going.

Daycare is by far the biggest cost. 2300 a month for 3 days a week 2 kids. I'm keeping them home with me for two days a week just to make sure I can feed them the rest of the month. I don't have some ***** job either.

If the PSLs come to me and are 5k, I'm not sure I can justify that when I'm struggling to pay for everything else each month. I hate that I have to make that decision, but its a reality so many people are dealing with. I've had seasons for 15 years on and off (took two years off for grad school and a job downstate) Would hurt to give them up, but priorities man.

The cost of having kids now is astronomical. Even without kids I feel like me and the Mrs. can't go to the grocery store for any reason and not spend $100 even if it is just filling in some gaps in ingredients we already have. 

I think about being/having a teenager now and the cost of vehicles in a town like Buffalo. Say you have a fairly outgoing kid. Plays a couple of sports, maybe a club, and a part time job a few days per week. Gone are the days of getting a part time job, saving birthday money, mowing some lawns, etc. and saving for a jalopy to get yourself where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there. Are parents expected to drop $400-$600 per month (plus down payment) on a lease? $10-$15k on a "junker"?  Or as money gets tighter and bosses start to clamp back down to "in person" for less money are parents supposed to leave work to take their kid everywhere? 

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

dumb question maybe, but does this mean 20K per seat, just for the right to then buy the seats? 

So 2 season tickets means 40K fee just to buy the tickets on top of that? Is it one-time? 

Yes 

Secondary market tickets are going to be out of sight.  A lot of people that are priced out of their seasons are going to be priced out of the secondary market too. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 3

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

The cost of having kids now is astronomical. Even without kids I feel like me and the Mrs. can't go to the grocery store for any reason and not spend $100 even if it is just filling in some gaps in ingredients we already have. 

I think about being/having a teenager now and the cost of vehicles in a town like Buffalo. Say you have a fairly outgoing kid. Plays a couple of sports, maybe a club, and a part time job a few days per week. Gone are the days of getting a part time job, saving birthday money, mowing some lawns, etc. and saving for a jalopy to get yourself where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there. Are parents expected to drop $400-$600 per month (plus down payment) on a lease? $10-$15k on a "junker"?  Or as money gets tighter and bosses start to clamp back down to "in person" for less money are parents supposed to leave work to take their kid everywhere? 

I made a very concerted effort last weekend to spend as little as possible on groceries. Planned every meal, omitted things that I didn't need, no snacks, no beer, no extra drinks. 150 bucks. Hell, I've basically stopped drinking just because I can't afford it. 

11 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

How can regular people afford 40K just for the right to buy 2 seats on top of that?

I'm in the wrong line of work....

They aren’t targeting you or regular people. They are targeting businesses with money to spare to schmooze clients 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

They aren’t targeting you or regular people. They are targeting businesses with money to spare to schmooze clients 

Yup, Buffalo, the land of the Fortune 500. The thing that is going to piss me off the most is when I have to give up my seats of forever and then, when they realize how badly this is going to go, they will open it up again and the original STHs will probably get shut out again. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

PSL's didn't work that well in the NYC area and that market has way more corporate support to draw from then the Buffalo area. 

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

PSL's didn't work that well in the NYC area and that market has way more corporate support to draw from then the Buffalo area. 

This has been discussed. I’m aware. We will see how Buffalo handles this issue as time continues on 

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Yup, Buffalo, the land of the Fortune 500. The thing that is going to piss me off the most is when I have to give up my seats of forever and then, when they realize how badly this is going to go, they will open it up again and the original STHs will probably get shut out again. 

Ugh. The annoying argument that’s have to be a Fortune 500 company to buy seats for your business. So comical. Like smaller local businesses don’t have money to spend 

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS changed the title to PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion
  • SDS pinned this topic
1 minute ago, mrags said:

This has been discussed. I’m aware. We will see how Buffalo handles this issue as time continues on 

I have Jets seasons and when MetLife opened my PSL's were originally 10K per seat. Ticket sales weren't going well at all. Eventually I got an e-mail from the Jets saying they were reducing my PSL from 10K to 5K per seat. Once that was announced tickets sales picked up. I would imagine the Bills will have to do the same and eventually lower the price if sales are weak.

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

They wouldn't, and NFL owners don't want those people. They drive down the perceived value of the brand. There's a reason they reduced capacity in the new stadium. The NFL wants to create an exclusive atmosphere - not an accessible one. The poors can watch on TV while the affluent get VIP meet & greets with TSwift next year.

I'm guessing the poor will eventually need to pony up money to watch games too. Barring an act of Congress? I say that sarcastically but At least One congressman was livid enough to comment regarding last years playoff situation

https://patryan.house.gov/media/press-releases/congressman-pat-ryan-blasts-nfl-nbc-greedy-bait-and-switch-scheme-we-already

• Like (+1) 1

They’re going section by section to learn the limits of the big fish first and then to squeeze out the commoners for the big fish who can’t or won’t buck up for the premium seats.  Smart business.  But really bad for the regular folk. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I have Jets seasons and when MetLife opened my PSL's were originally 10K per seat. Ticket sales weren't going well at all. Eventually I got an e-mail from the Jets saying they were reducing my PSL from 10K to 5K per seat. Once that was announced tickets sales picked up. I would imagine the Bills will have to do the same and eventually lower the price if sales are weak.

Yes I’m aware of your situation. And I’m betting that Buffalo will not lower the price of the PSLs at all. 

there are half as many suites in the new stadium compared to the old. They are targeting the suite people and the people with mid field clubs right now. The prices will not be like this for many more sections. The drop off will be significant. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

dumb question maybe, but does this mean 20K per seat, just for the right to then buy the seats? 

So 2 season tickets means 40K fee just to buy the tickets on top of that? Is it one-time? 

You are allowed to sell the PSL to someone else

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Ugh. The annoying argument that’s have to be a Fortune 500 company to buy seats for your business. So comical. Like smaller local businesses don’t have money to spend 

Apparently one of the more prominent funeral home owners decided against it, and I’m sure they’re not going  to be the only ones

Edited by AlCowlingsTaxiService
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Apparently one of the more prominent funeral home owners decided against it, and I’m sure they’re not going  to be the only ones

We’ll see if other local businesses feel the same. The funeral director wasn’t going to bring a very lively crowd anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

M&T Bank

Fidelis Care

Delta Sonic

New Era

Fischer Price

Ted’s Hot Dogs

Babcia’s Pierogies

Anderson’s Custard

Catholic Diocese ;)

16 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

For every one that declines there will be another that comes out of the shadows to pick up the slack. They aren’t going to have any issues selling out the new stadium. And they definitely aren’t going to lower prices. Bet on it 

• Agree 3