Allen restructured

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.  I would have assumed we'd have saved more, but I guess that means we are under the cap now.  

Who's left at this point?  I would think only Oliver.  I don't want us to touch Diggs and kick the can down the road, unless he wants to give some money back like Knox and Von (doubtful).

I'm wondering when we give him a new overall deal though. He's well worth more than his deal.

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Virgil said:

Interesting.  I would have assumed we'd have saved more, but I guess that means we are under the cap now.  

Who's left at this point?  I would think only Oliver.  I don't want us to touch Diggs and kick the can down the road, unless he wants to give some money back like Knox and Von (doubtful)

getting Diggs to rework his deal would be amazing haha

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Interesting.  Over the cap and sporttrac had a restructure getting us 23 mill in cap room.

We could have gotten $23M but we chose not to kick all of it to future years. I guess they figured $16M is enough to do what they want to do in free agency.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think there is an extension coming in the next 365 days. No way the Bills take a $56M hit next year. And that is pre-restructure. I would not be shocked if one comes before TC starts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I think there is an extension coming in the next 365 days. No way the Bills take a $56M hit next year. And that is pre-restructure. I would not be shocked if one comes before TC starts. 

Allen will likely rework it before then / be extended

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We could have gotten $23M but we chose not to kick all of it to future years. I guess they figured $16M is enough to do what they want to do in free agency.

Can they go back and do it again if they end up needing more?  They obviously don't want to, but my guess is yes if something unexpected comes along.

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

With Cousins getting $45M today, $56M might be about right next offseason. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Just now, Mark Vader said:

Are we adding in Tre White?

yes that 10 mil opens up June 1.  So we can spend right up to the cap with that in our pocket

Just now, JohnNord said:

Do we really need a new thread for this?

Do we really need you posting in a thread you don’t like? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

They will need to give him a pay rise soon  … guys like Cousins are getting paid more money now …

They are going to have to also have a year soon (like 2025)  of eating most of his contract money … his dead cap will be $120m now…a little too high in my view ..

Edited by Aussie Joe

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

That’s still a bargain Dak Prescott is about to get 60 mill a year from Dallas 

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

yes that 10 mil opens up June 1.  So we can spend right up to the cap with that in our pocket

Do we really need you posting in a thread you don’t like? 

Yes

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Can they go back and do it again if they end up needing more?  They obviously don't want to, but my guess is yes if something unexpected comes along.

Interesting question. I don't see any reason why not.

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Knox and Dion 

During Marino's offseason mock, he calculated Knox could be restructured to save $6m and a Dion extension could save $6.5m. But no way to know for sure the exact numbers. He also thought we'd get $24m from Josh and we only did 16.5m.

Add in the moves for Epenesa and Lewis and where we were before today, we're barely under the cap right now.

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Are we adding in Tre White?

No, that doesn't come until June.

Edited by BillsFanForever19