Dion Dawkins cryptic tweet UPDATE: EXTENDED PER SCHEFTY

Interested to see the details. 3 year extension takes him to age 34. Wonder how much is guaranteed. 

That's a lot of dough. I don't mind extending him. Also wouldn't have minded letting play out his deal and walk next year. 

It's a fine move, don't love or hate it. 

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

Beane was too scared to make the deal some of us were hoping for. Trade up in the first round to get a star WR is apparently not meant to be 

And thank goodness.

Trading away a cornerstone LT for a chance at a guy who will just join a pool of possible targets is a great way to sabotage your team.

• Like (+1) 1

Really interested to see the true numbers. I worry a bit about Dawkins' conditioning as he gets older but it's almost certainly going to free up cap space this year. He's supposed to cost $16.6M this year, maybe we cut that number in half.

Just now, Process said:

Interested to see the details. 3 year extension takes him to age 34. Wonder how much is guaranteed. 

That's a lot of dough. I don't mind extending him. Also wouldn't have minded letting play out his deal and walk next year. 

It's a fine move, don't love or hate it. 

It will (likely) significantly lower his cap hit this season, which is why everyone has been calling for this extension for the last 2 months.

Taron Johnson likely next.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

And thank goodness.

Trading away a cornerstone LT for a chance at a guy who will just join a pool of possible targets is a great way to sabotage your team.

Highly disagree. If the Bills quit playing scared and scored 30 points per game who is going to stop them?

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Highly disagree. If the Bills quit playing scared and scored 30 points per game who is going to stop them?

The edge defender coming off of Allen's blindside and knocking him out for the year...

*edit spelling

Edited by ytownblofan
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

Its going to be hard to score 30 a game when Josh is getting annihilated by Chris Jones every snap

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Really interested to see the true numbers. I worry a bit about Dawkins' conditioning as he gets older but it's almost certainly going to free up cap space this year. He's supposed to cost $16.6M this year, maybe we cut that number in half.

I'm glad we didn't move on from a core team player like him that's been solid at that spot especially with no clear plan behind him, like that wouldn't have seemed smart. But not going to lie with all the gut wrenching heart and soul players we lost/losing this offseason that joke really kind of pisses me off.

Edited by Warcodered

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Its going to be hard to score 30 a game when Josh is getting annihilated by Chris Jones every snap

I do think Connor McGovern is a better pass blocker than Mitch Morse. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I love the folks up thread trying to rationalize Vandermark at LT a few minutes ago. Desperate times call for desperate measures! 

For me, it's not so much Van Demark, although he seems to have a lot of potential.. it's Kromer.  I trust whatever he decides.  Get him a player for a year, and they typically ball out Year 2 in his system and beyond. 

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The NT? They already got rid of their C who would block him

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I mean, normally I totally agree with this. We definitely way over-analyze cryptic player tweets.

But Dawkins literally tweeted “it was fun while it lasted Buffalo. ✌️ (peace)” 

I don’t blame people for interpreting that as he was gone. I would have too if I had read it before the extension news came out. 🤷‍♂️😂

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Beane was too scared to make the deal some of us were hoping for. Trade up in the first round to get a star WR is apparently not meant to be 

They would have to trade into the top 10 to get one of the top 3. This WR class is loaded, they would be dumb to trade any higher than to pick 19. They can easily get a great received staying at 28. They can probably get a good one in round 2 as well.