Stephon Gilmore swan song?

Not likely, 

1 minute ago, Westside said:

Could he play safety?

Safeties have to be willing and able tacklers. Gilmore has never liked tackling.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

No, he does not fit in at all.  He seems to be the opposite of what the team will be looking for when signing some mid level free agents.

It seems he really wants to stay in Dallas also.

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

No, he does not fit in at all.  He seems to be the opposite of what the team will be looking for when signing some mid level free agents.

It seems he really wants to stay in Dallas also.

He did play for Carolina, so at least that box is checked.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Don't really have space at CB and rather be younger:

Douglas

Benford

T Johnson NCB

Elam 4th CB

So he would be 4th at best and your not touching Douglas/Benford/Johnson as all three graded out extremely high in coverage

Seems to be this year is all about getting younger. I'm not sure we see many aging veterans pulled in, even if they're former probowlers and cheap. Better to stick a young guy in there and let him take his lumps. 

Gilmore was actually pretty solid in Dallas last season, if you’re paying him the absolute bet minimum then you can’t be opposed to it. Only question becomes why even bother? He’s best as a man to man corner and the one we have already rides the bench and dog house for this team…

• Like (+1) 1

We have 2 quality starters outside, an all pro nickel back and a quality backup outside.  Why would we want to use our limited cap space on a CB when we have massive holes at WR, DT, DE and S?  Makes ZERO sense

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Do we have any appetite to sign Gilmore?  Could maybe get him on a modest 1 year deal to return to Buff to try and win another Super Bowl prior to retirement. 

No. F him and the horse in on which he rode. He couldn't get out of here fast enough. He can go steal money from someone else.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, T master said:

Ummm 🤔 Hell No ! Draft a younger player for the future .

Yeah!!!......like another Elam.......ugh.

5 minutes ago, MPL said:

I might be paraphrasing here, but I think Gilmore's wife said she would rather die than ever return to Buffalo. 

I might have actually uttered this same phrase after some of our heartbreaking losses.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Sweats said:

Highly doubt the Bills will be drafting a CB high this year, when they enter the season with two good starters and a former RD1 pick they want to revive as the primary backup. 

So, more likely, maybe another Benford.

With all these picks, they’ll likely draft depth pieces to develop in the Secondary on Day 3. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I might have actually uttered this same phrase after some of our heartbreaking losses.

Yeah! Or a Tre White! Or a Dane Jackson! Or a Christian Benford!

6 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Do we have any appetite to sign Gilmore?  Could maybe get him on a modest 1 year deal to return to Buff to try and win another Super Bowl prior to retirement. 

He was terrible for the Cowboys at the end of last season.  He had nothing left against Green Bay in the playoffs. 

• Agree 1

On 3/7/2024 at 8:25 AM, bills6969 said:

😂

😂

They could use some help in marketing department for him to sell tickets "to his people" since Bills likely will be on TV less.

On 3/7/2024 at 10:55 AM, MPL said:

I might be paraphrasing here, but I think Gilmore's wife said she would rather die than ever return to Buffalo. 

Maybe because he knew his wife would go to Buffalo to keep him out of trouble but not elsewhere and he would have free reign.

beating-a-dead-horse-funny.gif