Dalton Kincaid …his toughest opponent came at an early age.

This dude is the type of player you can build an offense around, along with Shakir, Cook and O’Cyrus they have some really nice young talent.

They need to continue to focus on offense in these drafts and all will be good.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 9

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

When the dust settles, Dalton will be the greatest Bills TE in history.  

100%, not to diminish Kincaid’s obviously ridiculous talents because he’s a stud, but the Bills have never had an elite TE.

I’m sure there’s other teams who also have had no such luck at TE in their history but it’s probably not many lol.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Love this kid. I was so thrilled to finally see Josh hit him on a seam route for a TD in the wildcard game. I hope to see a lot more of that in the years to come. He shredded defenses at Utah doing that. They can stretch the field with him as well as using him underneath, and I hope they do it more next year.

• Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I love watching him play!! My only concern is injury, I want to watch him play for years to come! They need to figure out how to get him to make the catch and get down, it seemed like he would make the catch turn and get hit in his knees and get his legs knocked out way too much! All it takes is for a foot to get planted and stick and he’s gone for a year plus. I don’t know if anyone else noticed this but it felt like every other catch he made I was holding my breath watching this happen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He already is.   I mean who's the competetion?  Pete Metzelaars?

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, julian said:

100%, not to diminish Kincaid’s obviously ridiculous talents because he’s a stud, but the Bills have never had an elite TE.

I’m sure there’s other teams who also have had no such luck at TE in their history but it’s probably not many lol.

This is Robert Royal slander

• Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, 0017 said:

I love watching him play!! My only concern is injury, I want to watch him play for years to come! They need to figure out how to get him to make the catch and get down, it seemed like he would make the catch turn and get hit in his knees and get his legs knocked out way too much! All it takes is for a foot to get planted and stick and he’s gone for a year plus. I don’t know if anyone else noticed this but it felt like every other catch he made I was holding my breath watching this happen. 

you put a te in the field to be physical 

14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

you put a te in the field to be physical 

Fair enough, I would say Knox is a physical TE and he doesn’t take constant shots to his knees, I understand that Kincaid runs different routes that make him catch the ball in the middle of the field and turn into a smaller defender who is taught to tackle him below the waist. But I sure hope they come up with a way to avoid this type of contact. Kincaid does have a feel for that defender and seems to get his feet off the ground at contact. It’s just damn scary to watch. 

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Pre draft I expected more of a Kelce like player.  I think he is more Mark Andrews than Kelce.  He played way more in line than I expected.  I kind of thought he would play more snaps as an outside WR than he did.

You know this regime likes to bring rookies along slowly, and I'm sure they wanted him to be comfortable playing the TE position in the NFL before expanding his role.

After an offseason in-house with the coaching and training staff, coupled with the experience and quality reps he had in his rookie season, I expect his role in the offense to expand greatly next season.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, julian said:

How soon we have forgotten about Lee Smith.

• Haha (+1) 2

It's not a coincidence that the two teams in the Super Bowl this year have the two best tight ends in the league (we can argue who THE BEST are) but, you get my point.  We have needed a guy with this kind of talent for our O.  Now, we need a Spiderman type #1 that can high point a ball, soon, and we'll be looking good.  Might be able to get away without Spiderman if Kincaid really develops and the offensive scheme becomes in the league of the two offensive coaches in the Super Bowl.  

The cornerstone playmaker of our offense for the next 7-10 years. The kid just needs to put on some weight and get stronger to avoid getting demolished.  Seems to take lots of big licks

8 hours ago, julian said:

And of course arguably one of the top 3 tight ends in NFL history grew up in Buffalo, and we selected Torell Troup ahead of him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BearNorth said:

And of course arguably one of the top 3 tight ends in NFL history grew up in Buffalo, and we selected Torell Troup ahead of him.

Not arguable.  Gronk is top 2, without any question.  Kelce's the only one who's got an argument and they're not really comparable in that Kelce's rarely asked to block. 

• Agree 1

Just now, mannc said:

Not arguable.  Gronk is top 2, without any question.  Kelce's the only one who's got an argument and they're not really comparable in that Kelce's rarely asked to block. 

I was thinking that Ditka and Gonzalez would have to be in that discussion as well [for the era's they played in].  Antonio Gates might have a case as well.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

I was thinking that Ditka and Gonzalez would have to be in that discussion as well [for the era's they played in].  Antonio Gates might have a case as well.

Gonzalez and Gates were just big WRs and neither has any post-season accomplishments…Ditka falls so far short statistically, that it’s not really much of a comparison, despite the different eras in which they played. Gronk was probably the second most important player on probably the all-time NFL dynasty.

6 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Appreciate the sentiment but No he is not already the Greatest Bills TE ever.  Either Jay Rimmersma or Ernie Warlick.

Jay Riemersma was a very underrated player while with the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Jay Riemersma was a very underrated player while with the Bills.

Pete Metzelaars is the Bills career leader among tight ends - Played 8 seasons including all 4 superbowl teams. 302 catches in 156 games with 25 TD's. 2921 yards.  Former Division 3 basketball player of the year and national champion at Wabash College.  Tied for 10th all time in receiving TD's for the Bills.

22 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Very excited about the future of the O with him. Especially if the team adds a couple of good WRs in this off-season. 

And no discussion of greatest Bills TEs is complete without a mention of Lonnie Johnson 

22 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I mean, his competition isn't particularly potent but I agree that he has a high upside.

22 hours ago, julian said:

This dude is the type of player you can build an offense around, along with Shakir, Cook and O’Cyrus they have some really nice young talent.

I do not mean to rag on Diggs (plenty of other people are doing it) but at this point I think Kincaid was our most consistent ball mover. Yes, he had a few drops and Josh lasered a few throws high and away but he still had the second highest catch rate on the team (80.2%, 1st was Shakir at 86.7%, Diggs was 67% and it gets worse from there). He could always be counted on to get a few yards after catch and contact.

I don't see how you go into 2024 without making Kincaid the emergency release valve that Beasley was. Sure, work on getting deeper routes going, but let Kincaid take the easy profit on 1st and 2nd down. I remember keenly in the last KC drive hitting him like clockwork on early downs for 7 yards a pop and setting up short and manageable. You can do a lot playing like that.

17 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

wow, that is a wild video.  So Kangrooes aren't the laughable animals a la Crocodile Dundee.

As I heard of one Australian "'Roo's are shredded mate"

When Australians take note, it's probably dangerous

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 hours ago, julian said:

Exactly.  Get a young WR 1, a center and tackle and they are setup very well for “window 2”.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, DapperCam said:

This is Robert Royal slander

20 hours ago, transient said:

How soon we have forgotten about Lee Smith.

17 hours ago, RiotAct said:

two words:  Scott Chandler.

Bite your tongues, good sirs! Lonnie Johnson... 😍

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.