RIP Carl Weathers

Old Coot

59 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

Carl Weathers died at age 76. Though he was famous for his character in the Rocky series, Apollo Creed, he played in the NFL around 1970. He was an undrafted LB and played for the Oakland Raiders.

Breaks my heart. Good man, amd Rocky wouldn't be Rocky if Weathers  wasn't Apallo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Definitely someone I connected with as I watched him act as a child and teen. It was fun to show my son who he was when we watched him in his Mandalorin character together too.

Stallone's tribute of Weathers on YouTube was very sincere and personal.

Edited by Wizard

I wonder seeing as Carl is in the commercials with Gronk for the kick of destiny that if Gronk will make this years kick as a grand finally type tribute to Carl ? 

That would be pretty awesome if Gronk went out for the kick dressed like Apollo when he came in the ring to fight Rocky, if Gronk does make the kick despite how he is dressed it would be a fitting end as a congratulations & thanks to a great person !!

RIP CW !! 

I’m sorry to hear it so young.  76 isn’t old these days.  I loved him in Force 10 from Navarone with Robert Shaw and Harrison Ford.

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m sorry to hear it so young.  76 isn’t old these days.  I loved him in Force 10 from Navarone with Robert Shaw and Harrison Ford.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.