Bills Draft Rd 1 - Pick 28

boyst

Top needs:

1. WR

2. WR

3. S

4. WR

5. DT

I think we need multiple WR's. We need a burner and we need a #1b. Diggs looked like poo, we need someone with the potential to replace him within 2 seasons.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Xavier Legette, Wide Receiver, South Carolina

2 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

Troy Franklin - WR from Oregon is where my mind goes currently. I think there is a  strong chance he is there at 28. 

But I'd definitely live with this outcome too. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Gotta go defense to try and force the Chiefs to punt more than one time next January.

It figures you would choose to continue to give Allen pure **** at WR.  

It needs to be WR, but it wont and we know why

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Xavier Legette, Wide Receiver, South Carolina

But I'd definitely live with this outcome too. 

Xavier Legette would be my selection as well.  With Shakir stepping up,  you may as well swing for the fences at 28.  Then take another one no later than R4.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

This team can make it to the playoffs with sub par play at certain areas, but we need to evaluate what kills us against the top teams.  That's WR and DL.  I expect a WR in either round 1 or 2, and a DL/S in 3 or 4

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Xavier Legette would be my selection as well.  With Shakir stepping up,  you may as well swing for the fences at 28.  Then take another one no later than R4.  

Round 4? At what point do we actually use a high pick on a quality WR?

• Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Top needs:

1. WR

2. WR

3. S

4. WR

5. DT

I think we need multiple WR's. We need a burner and we need a #1b. Diggs looked like poo, we need someone with the potential to replace him within 2 seasons.

Agreed but I think we need an LB too. Can never have enough depth, especially with the way McD uses them. We were woefully underhanded at LB because of injuries.  I think Williams improves, Bernard improves.  Klein is gone. Matekevich should not take a roster space because of ST. We have to resign Dodson. With a tight cap, someone may offer more. We also don't know how Milano will bounce back. He may be Von light for awhile until he gets up to speed.

WR for sure. Safety for sure. I'd also like to resign Rapp. Depending how the Floyd, Epenesa, Lawson and Von signings end up, we may need a DE early again.
It's so sad we are talking about this while suffering through Mahomes and Kelce commercials.

• Disagree 1

Wide Receiver, Safety, Defensive End. Take your pick, plenty of holes on the roster next year. 28 is late enough where you aren’t going to be landing a sure thing.

Check the last 10 years of the 28th pick. I’m not sure there is an impact player in the bunch. Actually, mostly busts.

BPA - At 28 it’s pretty hard to know what kind of players will be there and we have needs across the board.  

We need talent, so they can’t pigeon hole a position and take a lesser prospect because that position was targeted or prioritized.

So this pick could be a number of positions such as (in no particular order) WR, S, CB, DT, LB, OL. 

However, I think it’s fair that WR is going to be high on the priority list and may be the only position they would trade up for if there is a difference making prospect available.  But outside of that, between our cap position and needs, I have a hard time seeing Beane use draft capital we need for trading up in the first unless it’s a future WR1 type prospect he covets.

• Like (+1) 3

WIDE RECEIVER

we need a #2 guy.  This years draft has a ton of WR talent at the top.  Here’s a a few guys that i think may be available for us:

Troy Franklin

Keon Coleman

Adonai Mitchell

would be ecstatic if we got one of these guys  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I want a WR in R1 and R3. R2 can be for whatever defensive hole we think needs plugged, but frankly I don't want to waste more resources on a D-Line that Eric Washington can't coach up in big games anyways. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

They don't. That's my hope.

They need to use some of those 10 picks they have gathered up to move WAYYY up the board for a WR...or use that 1st to trade for an impact player. 

Unless you are putting the 2025 first rounder on the table, I can’t see them being able to get much higher than they currently are. Trading into the top 10 would be super pricey. I also wouldn’t mind trading 2024 and 2025 firsts to do it. 

3 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

One of those really top receivers like Harrison, Nabers etc. Trades need to be considered (including those 10 picks). As long as we get a young safety somewhere, I think we need to do what needs to be done to add playmakers.

I am usually not one for putting a future first on the table. But this year, it’s time to swing for the fences. Trade into the top 10, grab the top WR (outside of Harrison who would be a pipe dream), and finally give Allen another legit WR threat. 

Don’t want to reach for a specific position in round 1, go BPA.

But…  hopefully they can grab two WR’s in the first 4-5 rounds.  If a WR at 28 is the BP, great!  If not, there are other holes to fill.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Unless you are putting the 2025 first rounder on the table, I can’t see them being able to get much higher than they currently are. Trading into the top 10 would be super pricey. I also wouldn’t mind trading 2024 and 2025 firsts to do it. 

I am usually not one for putting a future first on the table. But this year, it’s time to swing for the fences. Trade into the top 10, grab the top WR (outside of Harrison who would be a pipe dream), and finally give Allen another legit WR threat. 

Yeah, I don't think we need add depth, we need the best outside playmaker we can get our hands on. 

17 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I'm not saying top 10. Even getting to the 15-18 range could happen.

• Like (+1) 1

At 28, I'd probably prefer WR. The three I'm currently looking at around there are Troy Franklin, Brian Thomas Jr., and Ladd McConkey. They seem to check more of the boxes that I'm looking for than most, though I am a bit concerned about McConkey's lack of reps against man coverage since it feels like we have a lot of zone beaters right now. So might be more of a focus on Franklin and Thomas in the first round for me.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.