AFC Division Playoff - Chiefs @ Bills 1st half game thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Did he tackle him for a loss?  Seems obvious 

We accepted a holding penalty on the play(there were actually 2 fouls on the play) so no he doesn't get credit because they play didn't count.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Injury situation isn’t even close to comparable between the two teams…I’m all for the ‘no excuses just win the game’ attitude but that’s just a fact.  Not to mention Edwards hurt himself trying to cheap shot diggs so I won’t cry for him 

I wanna see which couch potato comparable to Klein the Chiefs are throwing out there. Almost everything the Chiefs are winning on is going over Klein.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Feel like we need at least 1 maybe 2 defensive stops for 0 points.

Agree.  It starts with holding them on this opening 2nd half drive.  Even if it's just for 3 thats a good start.

Just now, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

They're going to get softer as we go, got to keep hammering them. I've already seen some tired looks

Agreed.

We had the formula early on, and I think we can break their will.

Gotta keep up the physical brand of ball on both sides 

1 minute ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Why not?

We loved it when Fitz did it

It’s played out. I thought Fitz was cool because he was actually in the stands with real Bills fans. Kelce is just coming out of his suite. 

Just now, BeastMaster said:

Putting him in coverage is inexcusable...let alone covering arguably the best TE in history

McD needs to do better 

Putting a DB into that spot and giving him the MLB coverage responsibility changes so much on your defense. It is hard to do.

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Chiefs ran just 21 plays of offense in that entire half. 

Do not like their average of 8.0 yards per play tho. Bills need to address that.

2 minutes ago, Bill Grundy said:

Genuine question: Do you think having most of linebackers makes any difference? Or do you think they should just immediately be as good as the starters? 

They've conceded 1 TD against KC in one half. It's hardly the worst D performance of all time. 

They will probably concede again. But they aren't playing like clowns are they?

KC scored on their possessions other than a kneel down.  With the guys the Bills have out there, the fans, the adrenaline, the moment, etc. I did not expect them to give up those kind of chunk plays. 

Just now, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

They're going to get softer as we go, got to keep hammering them. I've already seen some tired looks

they looked like they were throwing their hands up like what are we supposed to do when allen was running after dropping back.  

Long way to go here.  Going to need at least 2 more td's it feels like.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

We accepted a holding penalty on the play(there were actually 2 fouls on the play) so no he doesn't get credit because they play didn't count.

Haha. He finally does something and gets no credit haha. I'll take the 10 yard over his, what 5?

1 minute ago, Simon said:

It has to continue to be from varied formations to varied holes on varied downs though.

Even the Diggs in the backfield was critical. It set up two other plays where diggs went against Gay and the pass to Sherfield where Diggs was about to break open. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Ralonzo said:

I wanna see which couch potato comparable to Klein the Chiefs are throwing out there. Almost everything the Chiefs are winning on is going over Klein.

Shaq Lawson isn't winning any game balls either

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

what he said was right.  Gabe makes big plays down the field.  

what am I missing here?

Gabe makes big plays, sometimes. I don’t think it’s fair to say it’s clear we’re missing him tonight. 

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Agree.  It starts with holding them on this opening 2nd half drive.  Even if it's just for 3 thats a good start.

They need stops...not holding to a FG

Sean McDermott should be able to get a stop or two out of his guys at home

Just now, zow2 said:

KC scored on their possessions other than a kneel down.  With the guys the Bills have out there, the fans, the adrenaline, the moment, etc. I did not expect them to give up those kind of chunk plays. 

Ah, you have high expectations of these linebackers

Well fair enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Ralonzo said:

Reminds me of the ‘but we didn’t have tj watt’ excuse last week from the Steelers fans lol. Yea you didn’t have watt but we had 4th stringers all over the field 😂

3 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

His arm was pinned, for sure. It’s on the WR to have two available arms by the time the ball gets there. I’m blaming Sherfield. You’re crediting the defense. I think we’re both right. 

Sherfield has literally made like one catch over the past 10 weeks that I've noticed and it was the crazy end zone deflection catch in Miami.

• Agree 1