What is your gut telling you right now?

Listening to Torrey Smith talk about what separates winning teams from teams that fall apart. He was speaking about the fall of the eagles and guys yelling at each other and complaining about calls and what not. It had me thinking about all the whining you’ve seen Mahomes do all year, and then how close our team is with each other. Dion was on the same podcast and said as much, they are brothers and do everything together in and outside of the building. That’s the reason we’re going to win this game, because of how this team loves each other. 

7 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Listening to Torrey Smith talk about what separates winning teams from teams that fall apart. He was speaking about the fall of the eagles and guys yelling at each other and complaining about calls and what not. It had me thinking about all the whining you’ve seen Mahomes do all year, and then how close our team is with each other. Dion was on the same podcast and said as much, they are brothers and do everything together in and outside of the building. That’s the reason we’re going to win this game, because of how this team loves each other. 

So your theory is that the defending Super Bowl MVP is causing dysfunction?  He doesn’t understand how to win?

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

This I can’t see… Mahomes is going to turn it up a notch Sunday. Just gotta hope Josh matches the intensity.

He can turn it up all he wants I guess 

I just don’t see the other young guys doing it.  

9 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Can I ask if people feel any differently this year as opposed to the Bengal game last year? I'm curious to know what people say

I feel way better than last year.  

The Bengals were always a terrible matchup for us (still are), and going into that game the Bills overall had been playing horribly for about 2 months.  Everybody in the media kept talking about us like the Damar Hamlin thing was going to be destiny for us, but I saw a team with nothing left in the tank.  Going the wrong way at the wrong time.

Although I'm still 50/50 on us winning Sunday, this team does seem to be coming together at the right time.  It's still not quite perfect.  But I like how the defense has been performing since the Eagles game.  And the offense took a nice step against the Steelers, avoiding the normal turnovers and stupid mistakes.  That weird blocked kick was the only reason we didn't totally blow them out.  The Chiefs are also very vulnerable (although you should never count out a player like Patrick Mahomes).

• Agree 1

I am very worried about the linebacker situation.  Dodson can play either position and I think Williams can be okay outside but I do not feel good about AJ Klein.  I know he had a bunch of tackles last week, but I am thinking about pass coverage and matching up with Kelce.  I am worried about losing Taron J. at nickel and having to start Cam Lewis.  I think Elaim can be okay but I worry about him giving up a p.i. in a crucial time of the game. 

30 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Can I ask if people feel any differently this year as opposed to the Bengal game last year? I'm curious to know what people say

I'm definitely nervous about losing to the Chiefs again, and the injuries are a big concern.

But I still feel better than before the Cincy game. I was pretty certain we were running on fumes at that point and that Frazier would have no answers on defense whatsoever. 

58 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I have concerns with officiating getting in the way of this game - hope they just let them play.

Josh is usually a wild card in my mind for the past season and a half. What Josh shows up to play? But I feel like he is dialed in and I am really glad for his sake as he lifts the energy of the whole offense when he is in the zone.

Jones can be a game-wrecker in the middle and I think he is playing on a 1-year deal so basically showcasing his play to either go FA or simply put himself in a great negotiating position. So (as usual) we have to be aware of where he is at and provide some help, but effective running is best way to slow down him pinning his ears back and reeking havoc in the backfield.

I do think we have great depth with our defense that has been tested to the max, but we are now very thin at LB and I did not see any roster moves to shore up that depth so that has me a bit nervous - will see what that injury report looks like at the end of the week.

Perhaps the biggest ***** in our defensive armor is missing Taron Johnson and I think Pittsburgh realized pretty quickly that Cam Lewis filling in for Taron was our "Waldo" (referring to interviews with those who have worked with our OC Brady and how they said one thing he would always do when game planning was to find a player or players on the defense that they could attack - "where's Waldo" )

Knock on wood, that our strong run defenders on the line play the dominant way that they can as KC has been leaning more on their run game. So yeah, I am just trying to enjoy the ride and enjoy this improbable run this year and keep my Bills OCD mania in a healthy place.

Really my only concern. I feel this is the year if refs don’t get in the way. Allen is locked in. We’re at home which will be HUGE. We’ve got plenty of offensive weapons outside of Diggs and a very good o line. Poyer and Hyde are finally healthy together. The D line is healthy and Oliver is a game wrecker now. We win if the refs don’t get involved. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

I feel way better than last year.  

The Bengals were always a terrible matchup for us (still are), and going into that game the Bills overall had been playing horribly for about 2 months.  Everybody in the media kept talking about us like the Damar Hamlin thing was going to be destiny for us, but I saw a team with nothing left in the tank.  Going the wrong way at the wrong time.

Although I'm still 50/50 on us winning Sunday, this team does seem to be coming together at the right time.  It's still not quite perfect.  But I like how the defense has been performing since the Eagles game.  And the offense took a nice step against the Steelers, avoiding the normal turnovers and stupid mistakes.  That weird blocked kick was the only reason we didn't totally blow them out.  The Chiefs are also very vulnerable (although you should never count out a player like Patrick Mahomes).

I also feel much differently. It's very weird because I even feel more differently than I did in 2021. I don't know if it's the homer in me but the fact that this thread was made, also tells me that other people are thinking the same

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

Wayyyy different 

I felt real bad about that game - thought we were going to lose in cinci before Hamlin got hurt

knew it wasn’t going to be pretty 

9 minutes ago, Airseven said:

My gut is telling me this team, coach, and QB can’t beat the Chiefs when all the chips are on the table. 

My heart is still holding onto a flicker of hope.

Why though?

11 minutes ago, Airseven said:

and QB

Josh walked off two years ago with a MIRACULOUS lead. 
   It is not too big for Josh. The DUDE thrives in these situations. Philly was his best game of the season. 
  The others…. I’m with you

Edited by Buffalo Boy

My gut right now is telling me... stay close to the "water closet".... and reiterating that a 60 year old man, isn't the 20+ year old kid that could eat 5 tacos with hot sauce from ETS! But they are so good, I really have to moderate the sauce.... plus there is the stink, which the better half really doesn't appreciate. I'm writing this from the den, banished again!!!🤣

11 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

I don't understand the narrative that KC is always super healthy in the playoffs. Mahomes played the entire playoffs last year on a high ankle sprain and they were down 4 of their top 5 WRs in the AFCC, plus some key defenders. In 2020, they went to the SB with a 3rd string OL. 

Not the kind of facts people want to hear around here. 

• Like (+1) 1

Without looking through 13 pages, sadly I feel we lose in a close one. We are devastated by injuries on the defense, and I think Josh will have one of those games where he thinks he has to do everything and I just don’t know if we can pull it out. I pray I am wrong and you can tell me so. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Baba Booey said:

Without looking through 13 pages, sadly I feel we lose in a close one. We are devastated by injuries on the defense, and I think Josh will have one of those games where he thinks he has to do everything and I just don’t know if we can pull it out. I pray I am wrong and you can tell me so. 

I feel the same way, though I think being so much more invested in this game than normal is partly to blame 😅

It's like I'm more worried for Josh's legacy & reputation than I am just losing another game! The ultimate goal is to win a Super Bowl, but I can't stomach the thought of listening to the media & fans of the other 31 teams mock/meme/crap on Allen for the rest of his career (until he gets another shot at the Chiefs in the playoffs).

It's also been stuck in the back of my mind that Allen hasn't gone 2 straight games with an INT all year.... and last week he had 0. So that scares me, the Chiefs defense is great, the injuries scare me, the coaching is a concern, and who knows what else I'll find to stress about until game time!?

Injuries and a challenging week of preparation navigating the crazy weather makes me nervous.  And Mahommes is pumped to prove himself on the road.  But I believe in Josh, the heart of the defense, next man up, and the power of Bills Mafia to push the team to overcome the challenges and get the win.  Bills by 6 in OT.  

Edited by cgang

49 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Not the kind of facts people want to hear around here. 

Right. People act like the Bills are the only team with an injury bug. 

I think the Bills take it in a close one. KC's offense is really inconsistent this year, Mahomes can't rely on his WRs. 

Stack the box, force Mahomes to throw against a sub par WR group. It's really that simple.

• Like (+1) 2

It’s telling me that it doesn’t matter who wins this game in the short term of things. Whoever wins this game will lose the next, bc the bills and chiefs consistently beat the crap out of each other. This is the real Super Bowl- the best QBs in league history going at it, and they always leave it all out on the table. The last team standing at the end will be too tired to go on imo. Both times the chiefs have beaten the bills in the playoffs, they have lost the following game. 

2 hours ago, DrBob806 said:

Right. People act like the Bills are the only team with an injury bug. 

I think the Bills take it in a close one. KC's offense is really inconsistent this year, Mahomes can't rely on his WRs. 

Stack the box, force Mahomes to throw against a sub par WR group. It's really that simple.

Last game was crazy…it does sound like a lot of those players will come back though.  A lot of teams have injuries but not a lot of teams have aj klein having to cancel a family vacation to be the focal point of the defense in the playoffs lol. I think we really undersell how bad our injury predicament has been at times this year.  We had 3rd or 4th stringers at every lb and cb position in the second half against pit im pretty sure 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

6 hours ago, WideNine said:

I have concerns with officiating getting in the way of this game - hope they just let them play.

Josh is usually a wild card in my mind for the past season and a half. What Josh shows up to play? But I feel like he is dialed in and I am really glad for his sake as he lifts the energy of the whole offense when he is in the zone.

Jones can be a game-wrecker in the middle and I think he is playing on a 1-year deal so basically showcasing his play to either go FA or simply put himself in a great negotiating position. So (as usual) we have to be aware of where he is at and provide some help, but effective running is best way to slow down him pinning his ears back and reeking havoc in the backfield.

I do think we have great depth with our defense that has been tested to the max, but we are now very thin at LB and I did not see any roster moves to shore up that depth so that has me a bit nervous - will see what that injury report looks like at the end of the week.

Perhaps the biggest ***** in our defensive armor is missing Taron Johnson and I think Pittsburgh realized pretty quickly that Cam Lewis filling in for Taron was our "Waldo" (referring to interviews with those who have worked with our OC Brady and how they said one thing he would always do when game planning was to find a player or players on the defense that they could attack - "where's Waldo" )

Knock on wood, that our strong run defenders on the line play the dominant way that they can as KC has been leaning more on their run game. So yeah, I am just trying to enjoy the ride and enjoy this improbable run this year and keep my Bills OCD mania in a healthy place.

Chiefs are a different beast I honestly hope the refs are actually throwin flags against the chiefs only lol.  They are very handsy in the secondary

looks like taron is practicing I don’t think it’s lookin good for benford or Bernard though 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Billl said:

So your theory is that the defending Super Bowl MVP is causing dysfunction?  He doesn’t understand how to win?

I think I stated my thought very clearly. I think our team wins because they genuinely love and play for each other. When we were losing, nobody was pointing fingers or crying. Take that however you’d like.

8 hours ago, Baba Booey said:

This is exactly where I’m at. 

21 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

I don't understand the narrative that KC is always super healthy in the playoffs. Mahomes played the entire playoffs last year on a high ankle sprain and they were down 4 of their top 5 WRs in the AFCC, plus some key defenders. In 2020, they went to the SB with a 3rd string OL. 

Yeah-  they suffered several injuries in 2020….. and what happened?  They lost because of those injuries.  

Please tell me who you were missing in the playoffs last season and in 2019, the 2 Super Bowl years. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yeah-  they suffered several injuries in 2020….. and what happened?  They lost because of those injuries.  

Please tell me who you were missing in the playoffs last season and in 2019, the 2 Super Bowl years. 

I'm just refuting the narrative that they're always at full strength in the playoffs. 

They were pretty healthy in 2019, but last year they were down four of their top 5 WRs in the AFCC. They were left with MVS, Skyy Moore and Kemp from the practice squad. That has to be the worst group of WRs to ever play in an AFC title game. They were also without Sneed and Gay. And of course, Mahomes had the high ankle sprain early in the first playoff game. In 2020, they lost several O-linemen throughout the season. But yes, the backbreaker happened in the AFCC. Also, don't forget that Mahomes missed the 2nd half of the divisional game that year. 

Felt supremely confident playing Pittsburgh. Now, not so much. Not saying I don't think we can win but with the injuries it's gonna be tough.

If we do win, this will be the biggest Buffalo win I've ever seen, I think (fan since about 96).

8 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

It’s telling me that it doesn’t matter who wins this game in the short term of things. Whoever wins this game will lose the next, bc the bills and chiefs consistently beat the crap out of each other. This is the real Super Bowl- the best QBs in league history going at it, and they always leave it all out on the table. The last team standing at the end will be too tired to go on imo. Both times the chiefs have beaten the bills in the playoffs, they have lost the following game. 

Nah, if we can get past KC, we can win on the road in Baltimore, assuming we have to.

Who knows, Houston is capable of pulling off a huge upset. 

I'll be glued to the TV like you can't imagine Saturday afternoon.

A more likely outcome would be beating KC, winning in Baltimore, and getting our face ripped off by San Fran in the big dance.

my gut is telling me the underdog us against the world role that KC is in will have them playing their best football.  

I also believe the bills offense is physical and can present all kinds of challenges.

Also I want to go on record that the deep ball that Buffalo has tried and missed vs SD and NE they are going to hit this week.  I just have a feeling somewhere in this game Buffalo is going to set them up and catch KC bringing pressure and diggs is going to get that step and they are going to hit it and make the stadium go nuts.  Just feels like this is the time.

if there is karma, Mahomes and Reid deserve theirs this week after the way they behaved when Buffalo beat them in week 14 especially Mahomes.  Karma has to get this guy at some point and Allen has always played with grace and respect of his opponents win or lose and we saw Mahomes does not do that.  So I am pulling big for Karma.

Edited by MikePJ76

The Bills are going to win this game. Like the OP, I was not even a little surprised at the 13 second debacle. This time it's different. Much different.

Josh is playing GREAT at this point. He looks virtually unstoppable. It is nothing short of a pleasure to watch him play. He is doing all this without a great receiving corps but he is just so good it hardly seems to matter.

The Chiefs? I can't turn on my TV without Mahomes being in a commercial, and Kelce would appear to be busy trying to calculate how much money he can get from Taylor Swift. Just how hungry can they be? Motivated enough to face us in fridgid conditions in front of thousands of screaming maniacs? I hardly think so. Oh.....and screw the Chiefs!

Buffalo Bills 37 - State Farm Swifts 14

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Chiefs got a feel good win vs Miami that had zero chance in those temperatures to execute their offence against a solid D. 

The simple fact is, while KC is good this year they are not special.  In a tough road environment at Orchard Park, against a great QB like Allen, i think the Bills will pierce that Chiefs defense.  I'm so glad the Tyreek-Mahomes connection is long gone because that was unstoppable in a big game.  I do think the patched up Bills D can survive this one game with the Bills offense leading the way.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.