Cowboys bringing back Mike McCarthy

Roundybout

Excellent Smithers, nothing will change,Ā 

10 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Basically the definition of insanity.

Ā 

Heads are going to explode when they make Dak the highest paid QB this off-season too.

It's actually not - it's 1 of the most misusedĀ  "definitions"

Ā 

https://www.salon.com/2013/08/06/the_definition_of_insanity_is_the_most_overused_cliche_of_all_time/

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by BlazinBill
  • Like (+1) 3

It amazes me the crap some coaches get.Ā  Ā McCarthy is far from Vince Lombardi, but I think he's shown he can win in two different organizations.Ā  Ā He's gotten a higher winning percentage out of Dak Prescott than Jason Garrett did, and he's won the NFC East both years fragile Dak was able to play full or close to full seasons.Ā  Ā He has the same win percentage and same number of Super Bowl wins as Sean Payton and for some reason he gets a let less slack.Ā  Ā  Only 11 coaches in the league (yes there are vacancies) have better win percentages than McCarthy.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Again, I dont think he is great but I also dont think he is half as bad as people make him out to be.Ā  The Rodgers stuff, and the sheep like nature of people's opinions have really done this guy in.Ā  Ā  Somehow someone like Robert Saleh has a better reputation than McCarthy.Ā  Ā  The real problem with Dallas is they are a constant hype machine, that isnt elite at the QB position.Ā  Ā McCarthy is decent but he cant overcome Dak's shortcomings.

Ā 

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

It amazes me the crap some coaches get.Ā  Ā McCarthy is far from Vince Lombardi, but I think he's shown he can win in two different organizations.Ā  Ā He's gotten a higher winning percentage out of Dak Prescott than Jason Garrett did, and he's won the NFC East both years fragile Dak was able to play full or close to full seasons.Ā  Ā He has the same win percentage and same number of Super Bowl wins as Sean Payton and for some reason he gets a let less slack.Ā  Ā  Only 11 coaches in the league (yes there are vacancies) have better win percentages than McCarthy.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Again, I dont think he is great but I also dont think he is half as bad as people make him out to be.Ā  The Rodgers stuff, and the sheep like nature of people's opinions have really done this guy in.Ā  Ā  Somehow someone like Robert Saleh has a better reputation than McCarthy.Ā  Ā  The real problem with Dallas is they are a constant hype machine, that isnt elite at the QB position.Ā  Ā McCarthy is decent but he cant overcome Dak's shortcomings.

Ā 

He's the Mike McDaniel of the NFC East if you will, except the Bills aren't in his division.

• Like (+1) 1

McCarthy is a good coach. Thereā€™s no excuse for getting slaughtered against the Packers, however, the defense completely failed them. He had that offense fully primed this season and then they got blastedā€¦ Iā€™m not advocating for McCarthy but doesnā€™t Dan Quinn deserve criticism?? The guy is regarded as a top HC candidate and Quinnā€™s D made no adjustments and got lit up the past several games. Ā šŸ¤·

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, Maynard said:

Well, their D collapsed. Quinn went from HC candidate again to a poodle turd. Hope Seattle hires him!Ā 

Heā€™s getting HC interviews. I wouldnā€™t hire him.Ā 

10 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Jerry thought that Barry Switzer was a good NFL coach also.

He won a SB!! šŸ¤ 

Jerry didn't want to have to find another guy who wouldn't challenge him and was just happy being the Dallas Cowboys HC.Ā  He had one already.Ā Ā 

Ā 

McCarthy gets to keep his job, Jerry still makes all the big decisions, and the fans have to take it.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Someone will be tossed aside (Dan Quinn come on down) and welcome to the show that never ends...Dallas Cowboys suckitude. I couldn't be happier.Ā 

41 minutes ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

Translation, Jerry found his scapegoat....

Say goodbye to Dak

Ā 

Ā 

If I'm McCarthy I don't stay if Dak is gone. As in not a big Dak fan but he's probably better than anyone you could acquire this coming off-season.Ā 

6 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Dak is Tua before TuaĀ 

Or Romo 2.0/Phillip Rivers 2.0. Great regular season stats but meh in the playoffsĀ 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.