Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

5 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

That this is likely one the best chances for the Bills to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs in the Allen/Mahomes era. Bills home game, hitting their stride at the right time when the Chiefs have been lackluster...it seems like the moment to put all the chips in.

I'm not saying it's impossible. But sometime there is a window that you see. A moment where if the choice is to rest a guy or play him, you give everything next year be damned. With the way we were playing in 2021, are you going to say we shouldn't have beaten the Bengals and Rams?

Suit 'em all.

I have no idea what “suit ‘em all” means.  But how often are people wrong about their “windows?”  The Bills will have Josh Allen, health allowing, for another 10 years!  Their “window” isn’t closing this year.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

I don't buy it.

You put Allen on a given team for the year and do the same for Mahomes.  Compare them on the same team and coaches.

Allen is the better QB.   

Mahomes has had the better surrounding cast during that run.  

Better surrounding cast? 

Allen's always had very good defenses. This is the first year Mahomes has had an above average defense. A few of them were flat bad. Mahomes had better offensive weapons around him his first few years, but that hasn't been the case the last two years. 

10 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

That this is likely one the best chances for the Bills to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs in the Allen/Mahomes era. Bills home game, hitting their stride at the right time when the Chiefs have been lackluster...it seems like the moment to put all the chips in.

I'm not saying it's impossible. But sometime there is a window that you see. A moment where if the choice is to rest a guy or play him, you give everything next year be damned. With the way we were playing in 2021, are you going to say we shouldn't have beaten the Bengals and Rams?

Suit 'em all.

The window is as long as Allen is healthy and for as good as the Pats were they only went to half the Superbowls in Brady's time there 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Just saw on WGRZ that tickets prices are 2-3k for the best seats and around 200-300 for the cheap seats (not including the fees that are applied).

God blessed you if you can afford those.

1. I think they’ll drop. Those are wary prices out of the gate.

2. This game could be more expensive than an AFCCG in Baltimore or Buffalo. 

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

This game could be more expensive than an AFCCG in Baltimore or Buffalo. 

Completely agree.  Baltimore has a great team but everyone is entranced by Allen v. Mahomes…

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Just saw on WGRZ that tickets prices are 2-3k for the best seats and around 200-300 for the cheap seats (not including the fees that are applied).

God blessed you if you can afford those.

I was able to snag a single ticket in sec 110 row 36 for $350 on Ticketmaster via the official box office NOT re-sale. As I noticed last week for the Steelers game, they are slowly releasing "Bills Verified" tickets throughout the week, just have to re-fresh and check often.  Mostly singles and some pairs, no 3 or 4 tickets together though. 

14 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

Better surrounding cast? 

Allen's always had very good defenses. This is the first year Mahomes has had an above average defense. A few of them were flat bad. Mahomes had better offensive weapons around him his first few years, but that hasn't been the case the last two years. 

When thinking about playing KC in the playoffs, how can you say Allen’s always had very good defenses!  Allen led Buffalo to 2 TD drives that put Buffalo in the lead AFTER the 2 minute warning and we still lost the game in OT!  

Any kind of defensive stop by Buffalo late in the game & Allen’s performance in that game would be called an all time great playoff performance. The entire perspective of Bills vs Chiefs would be different.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So here starts the Mahomes is the best qb in the league talk again…. On what basis cause he’s won a few Super Bowls and Allen hasn’t… So what pound for pound eye test to eye test Allen is better and I’m not just saying that cause I’m a Bills fan… Allen is bigger stronger faster runs people over stronger arm did I leave anything out… Awe man I hope Allen puts the smack down Sunday night and shut all these *** holes up for once

14 minutes ago, astb41 said:

is wifi available/5G decent in the stadium parking lot before the game to be able to watch the Lions/Bucs?

Yes! Bring your device and social media accounts for all the likes….should be good to go!

11 minutes ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

When thinking about playing KC in the playoffs, how can you say Allen’s always had very good defenses!  Allen led Buffalo to 2 TD drives that put Buffalo in the lead AFTER the 2 minute warning and we still lost the game in OT!  

Any kind of defensive stop by Buffalo late in the game & Allen’s performance in that game would be called an all time great playoff performance. The entire perspective of Bills vs Chiefs would be different.  

They can’t comprehend this because that’s not the national narrative. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

We are expecting to get another one to three feet of snow in the area tonight 

I was thinking about this. We are already a day behind in prep work/rest. It’s going to really suck if because of the weather the team can’t get to the facility tomorrow and get treatment and begin practice for Sunday. 

43 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The window is as long as Allen is healthy and for as good as the Pats were they only went to half the Superbowls in Brady's time there 

And the Colts had Payton Manning. How many times did the Colts beat Brady in the playoffs/win a Superbowl?

Once

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

And the Colts had Payton Manning. How many times did the Colts beat Brady in the playoffs/win a Superbowl?

Once

I don't care, I'm taking once right now if you offered it. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

I was thinking about this. We are already a day behind in prep work/rest. It’s going to really suck if because of the weather the team can’t get to the facility tomorrow and get treatment and begin practice for Sunday. 

Rest maybe….prep work no. The Chiefs didn’t know who they were facing until late last night. And now they lose a day to travel and the Bills don’t, so it evens out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It seems like KC escaped the Fins game with no injuries. Do we have any idea of any significant injuries they have...before the fins game. Hoping they are down few OL and WR...Our DL is a strength. It seemed out of the gate we go pressure on Rudolph but the second half he seemed to have time to throw and was able to scramble and make some off script throws which Patty is great at. I think our DL is good and not over committing and leaving open lanes. Same was we play Lamar. 

21 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I don't care, I'm taking once right now if you offered it. 

I will too. That's my point: this could be the moment. I think the Bills should prepare this week like it is. Do you want us to look back in a few weeks and say "man, I wish he had activated (insert one of many hurt players)" or "we should have gone for it here"

This is the year where you lay it all out IMHO. Burrow is out but will be back next year. Rodgers will be back. KC has their worst receivers of the Mahomes era. Lamar still doesn't have a playoff track record. Stroud is going to get seasoned real quick. It is a crowded field and we are three games away from a championship. Why don't the Bills push every button. 

It's not fatalism it's the call to action. 

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

Bills mafia to the rescue...  Avengers Assemble!!!    LOL

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Rest maybe….prep work no. The Chiefs didn’t know who they were facing until late last night. And now they lose a day to travel and the Bills don’t, so it evens out. 

both teams know each  other very well. It won't make a difference on Sunday. 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, billsfanmd07 said:

It seems like KC escaped the Fins game with no injuries. Do we have any idea of any significant injuries they have...before the fins game. Hoping they are down few OL and WR...Our DL is a strength. It seemed out of the gate we go pressure on Rudolph but the second half he seemed to have time to throw and was able to scramble and make some off script throws which Patty is great at. I think our DL is good and not over committing and leaving open lanes. Same was we play Lamar. 

DT Derrick Nnadi left with injured elbow and didn't return. He's semi important. WRs Skyy Moore and Toney remain out (Toney could potentially return). Jerick McKinnon is out, which is a big loss for the Chiefs on offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

It's supposed be a mostly Buffalo Metro/Northtowns event this time after tonight.

So listened to Rich Eisen talking about the game, and he noted that when the Chiefs beat the Bills at home the one time they played recently was in 2020 with no fans in the stadium. Might be a bit of a different experience this time.

• Like (+1) 4

9 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

I posted on that forum for a while. It was fun (although a cesspool), but they were obsessed with thinking that I was another Bills fan who had posted there years ago, because we share a first name. Nothing could convince them that I wasn’t. Good times though.

Im surprised how confident they are, just because they were very doom and gloom a couple weeks ago. I guess a win over the Dolphins gave them a boost of intense hope.

6 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Nonsense.

The O is fine and all but injury free.

The strength of this team should be Allen & the Offense.  

KC's run D is incredibly suspect.  When they've allowed 118+ rushing yards they're 3-5.  Not, 9-1.

Their rushing D is average at best.  

Their offense is patently average this season.  

If we can't log 150 rushing yards ... 

Their rush D is suspect because they are too aggressive at the point of attack. They don't have any gap discipline. Buffalo exploited that earlier in the season. In their effort to get after Allen, they leave running lanes open.  Run the ball. Play action pass. That defense is great with pressure but terribly undisciplined.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Chiefs have beat one team this year with a winning record  

That's incorrect. They beat Miami, Cincinnati and Jacksonville.

6 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

let me correct 1-3 vs playoff teams

Your larger point still stands, their record is unimpressive and the results are the polar opposite of the Bills.

Oddly enough, the Bengals and Jaguars both beat Buffalo. If the Bills win those 2, the Bengals and Jags would both be 8-9.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m sure Kool Aid man was prepping for the Bills. Not the Steelers. And he wasn’t doing nothing. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.